CornellVerse 2018 Mod RELEASED!!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DatIsraeliGuy" data-cite="DatIsraeliGuy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46596" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Decided to finally do an SWF save and why not use this mod while I'm at it?<p> </p><p> *sees roster*</p><p> Uh oh.</p><p> </p><p> *Steven Parker*</p><p> UH OH.</p><p> </p><p> *Scotty Supreme*</p><p> Oh that's actually quite nic-</p><p> </p><p> *ERIC EISEN IS A BABYFACE*</p><p> ...</p><p> Crapbaskets.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Haha! I know it's my mod so I'm a bit biased, but SWF has always been my favourite promotion and my save with this mod was one of my all-time favourite saves! </p><p> </p><p> Robert Retro has become one of my favourite workers in the C-verse with his character, which I created in my 2016 save with a storyline that become the pre-set storyline in this mod, so much fun to book</p>

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lavelleuk" data-cite="lavelleuk" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46596" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Haha! I know it's my mod so I'm a bit biased, but SWF has always been my favourite promotion and my save with this mod was one of my all-time favourite saves! <p> </p><p> Robert Retro has become one of my favourite workers in the C-verse with his character, which I created in my 2016 save with a storyline that become the pre-set storyline in this mod, so much fun to book</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The evil Retro is so freaking good. I personally always had a hard time liking Robert but with the gimmick it makes me get behind more. Especially in older CVERSE games because you can built him up to eventually become sadistic-cult- dark villain.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Munit" data-cite="Munit" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46596" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The evil Retro is so freaking good. I personally always had a hard time liking Robert but with the gimmick it makes me get behind more. Especially in older CVERSE games because you can built him up to eventually become sadistic-cult- dark villain.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I could see him going that way. I had him abused by Pearce in my game before having enough, and snapping. He was recurited by Church Of Greed but turned them down in order to stick with Pearce, but this time with him as a more "alpha male" character who just took everyone out. He'd throw random workers off the stage, put them through tables, interrupt matches just to take out both wrestlers etc. It led to the roster rebelling against him, can't remember who eventually got the big win over him but it was a good six month storyline, keeping him a bad ass, picking up wins, but also building up popularity and stats so he'd fit in more in the main event.</p>

I still struggled with this when i tried again a while ago. Winrar shouldn't need to be downloaded. It's weird because it's not a problem I've ever seen with any other download.

That's so WEIRD! Does anyone know any other way to compress a file so it can go on media fire but is easier to use? What do other mods use?

<p>That's so weird. I mean honestly i've had no problems and have downloaded the files multiple times with no issue. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

BTW I've been playing Burning and having a blast. Love the Shi Kage stable. I signed the UK Dragon and had him beat Kondo for the Jr title in a huge upset for fun...lol. Also brought back the King Of Fighters as a decent floating belt between all the cards. Also Just stole Black Magic and gave them a 3rd run with the tag straps</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Munit" data-cite="Munit" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46596" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's so weird. I mean honestly i've had no problems and have downloaded the files multiple times with no issue. <p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> BTW I've been playing Burning and having a blast. Love the Shi Kage stable. I signed the UK Dragon and had him beat Kondo for the Jr title in a huge upset for fun...lol. Also brought back the King Of Fighters as a decent floating belt between all the cards. Also Just stole Black Magic and gave them a 3rd run with the tag straps</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That sounds pretty cool, glad to see UK Dragon getting some love.</p><p> </p><p> Theres so many promotions I wanted to have a go with that I just haven't had time to do, even at the moment I'm just back to added a worker here or there when I get spare time as I haven't got the time to start a new save, or continue my TCW one.</p><p> </p><p> I'll look into the picture thing tonight after work, try and see how others upload there picture files as it's been an on-going issue since the start, and I'm not computer savvy enough to know why lol</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Temes1066" data-cite="Temes1066" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46596" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do you guys think Vacant! is a good fit for a New Chase Agency?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah I could see that working, I always see the Vacant! gimmick as a short-term thing, a Jack Bruce idea that doesn't have a long-term future. I see some of his ideas as a bit Vince Russo</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Temes1066" data-cite="Temes1066" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46596" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I hate to be a bother, but have given any thought to getting Title Belt pictures for the various companies with no title belt pictures.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I just grab them when I see people make them on here, I dont know how to do them myself. That's way too talented for me lol</p><p> </p><p> With the picture issue, I have messaged some experienced mod makers on here about how they upload pictures with no issue, although I haven't heard back yet</p>

500 NEW WORKERS!

So, I was going to wait until TEW2020 before creating new workers, but it was annoying me there was so many gaps. So, new update and I thought it was best to leave it at a grand total of 500 new workers in this mod.

This update includes another 66, as well as some stats balancing. I really looked into the default data in comparison to mine, made some notes and turns out me trying not to be too generous with youngsters stats actually made it so the younger workers weren't as good as default data, so done some balancing and made it a bit better.

The mod also now includes 104 extra active female wrestlers, which is something I felt was hugely needed. Hoping TEW2020 has some added female workers too, just 1 in Australia and one in Britain to start is crazy.

Notice any errors please let me know!

As always, enjoy!

Done some stats balancing, especially younger workers

Various worker pictures changed and latest pictures added

Gabriel Wozniak language spoken fixed

South Wales Sports Club added

Murderous Mikey made an active wrestler again

Des Truction based in fixed

Matthew Keith based in fixed

Marat Kholov now based in South West

Michael Gregory now based in British Isles

Outback Jack physical condition fixed

1,000 Islands Wrestling added as a future company added

Celeste Added

Jamie Vincent added

The Barge added

The Outrageous Arona added

ARNOLD added

Kron added

Guinevere added

Máquina De Lucha added

Battle Druid added

Mike King added

Christopher Storm added

Larry Patinkin added

Austin Cohen added

Facies Mortis added

Tyler Watson added

Scottish Avenger added

Juan added

Jamal added

Okami added

Inari added

Hairy Space Dog added

Stan Evans added

Charlie Homicide added

Lee Sherk added

Gianluca Zola added

Cheatin' Mike Barstow added

Kid Bo added

The Marksman added

Axel Cash added

Pesadilla added

Sin Emociones added

Torpedo added

Kristján Kristiansen added

El Hijo Del Zoinks added

Aguila Jr added

Cruzado Con Capa added

Diamante Arcoiris added

Lupe Izquierdo added

Heroína added

La Perra Oscura added

Guadalupe Vazquezis added

Zebra Girl added

Guepardo Rosado added

Belleza Azteca added

Debbie Terrell added

Christine Simon added

Mystic Mae added

Cathy Bradley added

Nicole Parsons added

Deborah Austin added

Grace Perry added

Velma Heuberger added

Clara Navarro added

Gloria Fernandez added

Elena Ferrari added

Clementine Cloutier added

Mojca Kwiatkowska added

Katrine Haugen added

Professor Max Hammer added

Kenneth Whitworth added

Capt. Marlon Johnson added

The Hanover Horror added

Joey Flame added

Edwin Van Der Vaart added

Teddy Flame added

Stockholm Syndrome added

Mateo Reyes added

Are you sure the right Download is avaible to us?

As when I downloaded it, not a single one of the new workers showed up in the database.

I just downloaded it and they're in the database for me. When you go on database info what version does it say you're using?

A small suggestion for Professor Max Hammer. In the description, it should read "Der Wunderspion" instead of "Das Wunderspion". However, "Wunderspion" also sounds a bit strange in my eyes as a native speaker. "Der Meisterspion" or "Der Superspion" would fit better.

"Das" is the wrong article in this case. It is different from "Das Wunderkind".

And I think, there are 50 not 500 new workers. Correct me, if I am wrong.

A small suggestion for Professor Max Hammer. In the description, it should read "Der Wunderspion" instead of "Das Wunderspion". However, "Wunderspion" also sounds a bit strange in my eyes as a native speaker. "Der Meisterspion" or "Der Superspion" would fit better.

"Das" is the wrong article in this case. It is different from "Das Wunderkind".

And I think, there are 50 not 500 new workers. Correct me, if I am wrong.

Thank you, I only used Google translate lol. I'll change it

Its 500 total new workers compared to default data, not just this one update :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The new cinematic match feature is PERFECT for Battles of Hell. I can't wait to play as them, as it never really clicked for me when I tried using BOH in TEW16.

Yeah that's what I thought, you have to use your imagination a lot for BOH, I loved it and ran a 7 years save with that style promotion before I did the mod, but I can see why others wouldn't. But the new feature was basically made for them, I've done so many gimmick matches in a special set that would now be cinematic matches.

<p>Just a random update, I am on isolation for 2 weeks so I am currently doing a massive update for this mod, mainly going through all the workers and making sure everything makes sense, getting rid of minor errors etc. There is new workers but that's not what is making this update the biggest one since release (or at least the most time consuming.</p><p> </p><p>

The reason for that, and the reason for posting this, is I am currently going through every single company, reminding myself of what the roster changes and pushes/improvements etc. have been and setting every employed workers momentum, so no matter what company you pick it feels like you are taking over from someone, and the game world existed before you took over.</p><p> </p><p>

It has taken ages, but I only have three companies left which is a huge relief. I have also tried to make companies feel different, and have based things off what has happened in two years but also a bookers stats.</p><p> </p><p>

So hopefully each company will be a bit unique. For example one booker with say a skill of booking at 60 I might make it so he just forgets to give lower workers momentum, so a lot of negative guys towards the bottom of the card. However, another booker with 60 I might have decided their weakness is booking faces, so you might see heels with decent momentum, but babyfaces struggling etc.</p><p> </p><p>

At the same time if a booker has a skill set of 90 and the company has lost lots of big stars recently that won't mean I've just shoved everyone with good momentum, I have also had to think what the guys who have left the company would have been doing for momentum, so they might have been getting major pushes then bailed, leaving the current roster with no one to pick up big wins from, and therefore lower card guys momentum will be tanked as the company desperately tries to build up new faces to replace those who departed.</p><p> </p><p>

So yeah, it's basically taken a whole week just on that, but doing it has allowed me to look at each wrestler again and change a few spelling errors, grammar mistakes etc. in bios. </p><p> </p><p>

I hope people like what they find. I am aware that TEW2020 will be coming out soon so this mod won't be too popular soon, but I will be converting it and I hope some people still choose to go back to a mod that is based in 2018, even if that is two years in the past!</p><p> </p><p>

At least when I make this mod for 2022 I'll know to do momentum at the time I edit people!!!</p><p> </p><p>

I am also renaming all alter ego's so they match, as it seemed messy, wish I had done that when I added the alter ego's too....I have wasted so much time on this mod with mistakes like that, but again, at least I have learnt before doing the 2022 version!!!</p><p> </p><p>

Needed to rant as it was driving me mad lol</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lavelleuk" data-cite="lavelleuk" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46596" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just a random update, I am on isolation for 2 weeks so I am currently doing a massive update for this mod, mainly going through all the workers and making sure everything makes sense, getting rid of minor errors etc. There is new workers but that's now what is making this update the biggest one since release.<p> </p><p> The reason for that, and the reason for posting this, is I am currently going through every single company, reminding myself of what the roster changes and pushes/improvements etc. have been and setting every employed workers momentum, so no matter what company you pick it feels like you are taking over from someone, and the game world existed before you took over.</p><p> </p><p> It has taken ages, but I only have three companies left which is a huge relief. I have also tried to make companies feel different, and have based things off what has happened in two years but also a bookers stats.</p><p> </p><p> So hopefully each company will be a bit unique. For example one booker with say a skill of booking at 60 I might make it so he just forgets to give lower workers momentum, so a lot of negative guys towards the bottom of the card. However, another booker with 60 I might have decided their weakness is booking faces, so you might see heels with decent momentum, but babyfaces struggling etc.</p><p> </p><p> At the same time if a booker has a skill set of 90 and the company has lost lots of big stars recently that won't mean I've just shoved everyone of good momentum, I have also had to think what the guys who have left the company would have been doing for momentum, so they might have been getting major pushes then bailed, leaving the current roster with no one to pick up big wins from, and therefore lower card guys momentum will be tanked as the company desperately tries to build up new faces to replace those who departed.</p><p> </p><p> So yeah, it's basically taken a whole week just on that, but doing it has allowed me to look at each wrestler again and change a few spelling errors, grammar mistakes etc. in bios. </p><p> </p><p> I hope people like what they find. I am aware that TEW2020 will be coming out soon so this mod won't be too popular soon, but I will be converting it and I hope some people still choose to go back to a mod that is based in 2018, even if that is two years in the past!</p><p> </p><p> At least when I make this mod for 2022 I'll know to do momentum at the time I edit people!!!</p><p> </p><p> I am also renaming all alter ego's so they match, as it seemed messy, wish I had done that when I added the alter ego's too....I have wasted so much time on this mod with mistakes like that, but again, at least I have learnt before doing the 2022 version!!!</p><p> </p><p> Needed to rant as it was driving me mad lol</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I for one am super excited for the update. This mod is honestly so underrated and deserves so much credit. Its cool how all the wrestlers have all evolved over the years and Im glad you're bringing it back to 20. Itll defiantly be in my top mods to play when Tew2020 comes out.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Munit" data-cite="Munit" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46596" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I for one am super excited for the update. This mod is honestly so underrated and deserves so much credit. Its cool how all the wrestlers have all evolved over the years and Im glad you're bringing it back to 20. Itll defiantly be in my top mods to play when Tew2020 comes out.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Agreed, as much as I want to see what’s happened in the default data, I’m super-excited for this and CV97!</p>