TCW World's Finest  

20 members have voted

1. 1. TCW World's Finest

• Finals in January; title shot in May
    • Finals in January; title shot in February
    • Finals in February; title shot in May
    • Other (reply to post)

So I'm trying something new.

TCW World's Finest is a 12-man G1 Climax-type round-robin tournament, with the winner being crowned at a pay-per-view and getting a future TCW World Heavyweight Title shot.

But I'm not sure when.

I'm doing this now to give the second half of the year something for TCW, since all of its "big" shows are in the first half. My original idea was to hold the finals at Malice in Wonderland in January and have the title shot be for Total Mayhem in May, but is that too long to wait? I also considered involving The War To Settle The Score somehow, but I'm stumped.

This will also have a slight effect on when the tournament starts. (I am currently in August, so utilizing my B-show, I have enough shows to get there.)

You could do it the way new Japan does it and the winner has to defend his title shot until total mayhem. Also are you using your finale as Malice or Mayhem? I usually did a royal rumble type match or an elimination chamber at malice for a title shot at Mayhem but I like your idea because I could then shift that match to the fall to boost those shows.

Pretty sure Malice is their Wrestlemania so it makes sense to me to have the finals there, and the AI Instructions for War to Settle the Score are all 1v1 matches so it's a good place to have the shot. Otherwise, starting it at Total Mayhem with the shot at Malice seems good too.

War To Settle The Score is already a tournament format so this just seems to make the most sense, Winner gets the Tournament title and goes to Malice in Wonderland. Maybe you gimmick it up a bit and the winner gets the Mad Hatters pocketwatch or something. He can't be late to Wonderland after all. Maybe a year build is too long for you and you book it for Total Mayhem.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="guyver3" data-cite="guyver3" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46656" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You could do it the way new Japan does it and the winner has to defend his title shot until total mayhem.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is something I hadn't thought of and might consider.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rayelek" data-cite="Rayelek" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46656" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Pretty sure Malice is their Wrestlemania so it makes sense to me to have the finals there, and the AI Instructions for War to Settle the Score are all 1v1 matches so it's a good place to have the shot. Otherwise, starting it at Total Mayhem with the shot at Malice seems good too.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Mayhem's been the season finale ever since the rebrand to TCW (before the game even <em>had</em> season finales.)</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46656" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>War To Settle The Score is already a tournament format so this just seems to make the most sense,</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've never seen the AI book that event as a tournament. Though it being all 1v1s is what had me second-guessing my original plans.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Editor6" data-cite="Editor6" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46656" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> Mayhem's been the season finale ever since the rebrand to TCW (before the game even <em>had</em> season finales.)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I must have changed it in my data, it has it's own match type so I picture it as more Survivor Series.</p>

Malice in Wonderland is TCW's second largest event, only after Total Mayhem, it's essentially their Summerslam/Dominion, so having the tournament there wouldn't make sense. Ideally you'd want it to start in February, just in time for Total Mayhem. Alternatively, however, you could wait all year long and have the final be in Psycho Circus, and have the title shot be at Malice.

<p>Well, <strong>that</strong> was decisive. Thanks to all who voted.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BoredomTM" data-cite="BoredomTM" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46656" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ideally you'd want it to start in February, just in time for Total Mayhem.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't think that's enough time. It'd be <em>real</em> close.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46656" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Alternatively, however, you could wait all year long and have the final be in Psycho Circus, and have the title shot be at Malice.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I will back-burner this idea.</p><p> </p><p> As thanks, I'll give you most of the field: Nicky Champion, Jay Chord, Aaron Andrews, Freddy Huggins, Davis Wayne Newton, Brent Hill, Troy Tornado, Ricky Storm, Fumihiro Ota (as they will both point out, it <em>is</em> called <em>World's</em> Finest) and three spots TBD.</p>