Effingham Heights: A Game of Homes Mafia Game Thread

i effin rule

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zergon" data-cite="Zergon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Fair enough, your thinking process is actually quite similar to my own when I first saw this role. Also doesn´t help that this game was planned for 40 people so somehow my role was kept over 15 other roles. But my role is what it is so I need to just find a way to be useful somehow.</div></blockquote><p> It's not a believable role. A tree stump normally happens during play, not at the beginning..... I think. It's a role I never seen in a game before.</p><p> </p><p> You're killable and lynchable?</p>

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's not a believable role. A tree stump normally happens during play, not at the beginning..... I think. It's a role I never seen in a game before.<p> </p><p> You're killable and lynchable?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nothing on my role PM says that I wouldn´t be so I assume that I can be killed and lynched as normal. </p><p> </p><p> I do have an idea why my role could be in this game. It´s something you should be familiar with.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zergon" data-cite="Zergon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Nothing on my role PM says that I wouldn´t be so I assume that I can be killed and lynched as normal. <p> </p><p> I do have an idea why my role could be in this game. It´s something you should be familiar with.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Me personally?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Starting out as (basically) a tree stump is weird, isn't it. Question is, does it fit in the game. I have never seen it before.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well a vote less townie is slightly different than a tree stump. Tree stump role also eliminates you from the active players list, making it -1 for the remaining amount of townies left, even though the player can still post.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Me personally?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You had a role with similar idea earlier.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tha Black Phenom" data-cite="Tha Black Phenom" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well a vote less townie is slightly different than a tree stump. Tree stump role also eliminates you from the active players list, making it -1 for the remaining amount of townies left, even though the player can still post.</div></blockquote><p> /nod, I'm not familiar with a role like this at all, not that I can remember anyways.</p><p> </p><p> I am going back and forth, looking in mafia roles, wikipedia etc. That was the one that stood out as can't do anything, can't vote. However, I don't think th ey can be lynched either, so it's definitely different.</p><p> </p><p> I'm just trying to figure out what it could be... a viable place in the game, etc.</p><p> </p><p> If it happens to be true, I can't help but to wonder what the .... was IER thinking?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zergon" data-cite="Zergon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You had a role with similar idea earlier.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Tree Stump?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Tree Stump?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, not the actual role but certain aspect of it. </p><p> </p><p> I need to go to sleep soon as it´s over 10pm here. I can just outright say what I think if you want. If my suspection is right I might have revealed too much already anyway.</p>

<p>At first glance, I would have said Voteless Townie.</p><p> </p><p>

This game seems to like abilities, not that I don't think there could be a VT in the game, probably is.</p><p> </p><p>

But a VT that can't vote as well, I'm not sure. </p><p> </p><p>

So your vote don't count, you can't do anything, and yet you are counted in as part of the majority needed for a vote when the town is in control?</p><p> </p><p>

I'm getting this correct, true?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zergon" data-cite="Zergon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No, not the actual role but certain aspect of it. <p> </p><p> I need to go to sleep soon as it´s over 10pm here. I can just outright say what I think if you want. If my suspection is right I might have revealed too much already anyway.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Bomb?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>At first glance, I would have said Voteless Townie.<p> </p><p> This game seems to like abilities, not that I don't think there could be a VT in the game, probably is.</p><p> </p><p> But a VT that can't vote as well, I'm not sure. </p><p> </p><p> So your vote don't count, you can't do anything, and yet you are counted in as part of the majority needed for a vote when the town is in control?</p><p> </p><p> I'm getting this correct, true?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I will wait to hear from the rest of the council but if it was everyone voting, mine would be on zergon.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>At first glance, I would have said Voteless Townie.<p> </p><p> This game seems to like abilities, not that I don't think there could be a VT in the game, probably is.</p><p> </p><p> But a VT that can't vote as well, I'm not sure. </p><p> </p><p> So your vote don't count, you can't do anything, and yet you are counted in as part of the majority needed for a vote when the town is in control?</p><p> </p><p> I'm getting this correct, true?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> My name will appear on list but my vote don´t count (for lynches). Yes</p><p> I don´t have abilities. Yes.</p><p> Not sure I understand the third part.</p>

Guest Memory of Talon
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zergon" data-cite="Zergon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My name will appear on list but my vote don´t count (for lynches). Yes<p> I don´t have abilities. Yes.</p><p> Not sure I understand the third part.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You might as well just full role claim at this point.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zergon" data-cite="Zergon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My name will appear on list but my vote don´t count (for lynches). Yes<p> I don´t have abilities. Yes.</p><p> Not sure I understand the third part.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> We had plurality first phase so didn't count. But the next phase I think was majority.. in a majority vote, you are counted in the number "With 15 remaining, it takes 8 to lynch" type of scenario.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you claiming that if the council votes you , they will blow up?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No. I´m not good at hinting so I just say what I think since if my assumption is right I likely said too much already and it´s start to look like I´m becoming too much of a distraction here. </p><p> </p><p> Basically, I´m thinking there might be either a trigger on me to gain ability (unlikely since I´m vanilla who can´t vote so not much choices on potential triggers) or more likely I could be catalyst for someone else to gain something, similar to mini games that were on two previous games (Leion/Opulent, Phenom/Rev in Clarke and you/Rev in Justice League).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zergon" data-cite="Zergon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No. I´m not good at hinting so I just say what I think since if my assumption is right I likely said too much already and it´s start to look like I´m becoming too much of a distraction here. <p> </p><p> Basically, I´m thinking there might be either a trigger on me to gain ability (unlikely since I´m vanilla who can´t vote so not much choices on potential triggers) or more likely I could be catalyst for someone else to gain something, similar to mini games that were on two previous games (Leion/Opulent, Phenom/Rev in Clarke and you/Rev in Justice League).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You have kryptonite?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Memory of Talon" data-cite="Memory of Talon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You might as well just full role claim at this point.</div></blockquote><p> Let's see where this goes. Maybe someone can vouch for him?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Memory of Talon" data-cite="Memory of Talon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You might as well just full role claim at this point.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Fair enough, I´m <span style="color:#0000FF;">Tatyana Leon, Effingham Heights Aligned Housewife and Mistress.</span>.</p><p> </p><p> My lover was killed night 0 and I´m heartbroken because of that (assuming that´s why my vote don´t count). </p><p> </p><p> Also considering I have a husband, I´d assume he´s the one that could gain something from me (likely by targeting me at night). </p><p> </p><p> Also, I assume I was the woman at the end of day 1 post who said Reginald´s murder should be investigated (I assume he was my lover although the PM doesn´t specify which of the two people dying night 0 was my lover).</p>

Guest Memory of Talon
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Let's see where this goes. Maybe someone can vouch for him?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's fine, but if there is a mini game involved he's outed himself and if there is anyone who is looking for him then they have found him.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Memory of Talon" data-cite="Memory of Talon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's fine, but if there is a mini game involved he's outed himself and if there is anyone who is looking for him then they have found him.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, and I don´t see how it would be good for town considering the situation (me cheating on my husband).</p>

Guest Memory of Talon
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zergon" data-cite="Zergon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes, and I don´t see how it would be good for town considering the situation (me cheating on my husband).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You're a terrible wife and should feel bad.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zergon" data-cite="Zergon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Fair enough, I´m <span style="color:#0000FF;">Tatyana Leon, Effingham Heights Aligned Housewife and Mistress.</span>.<p> </p><p> My lover was killed night 0 and I´m heartbroken because of that (assuming that´s why my vote don´t count). </p><p> </p><p> Also considering I have a husband, I´d assume he´s the one that could gain something from me (likely by targeting me at night). </p><p> </p><p> Also, I assume I was the woman at the end of day 1 post who said Reginald´s murder should be investigated (I assume he was my lover although the PM doesn´t specify which of the two people dying night 0 was my lover).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Memory of Talon" data-cite="Memory of Talon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's fine, but if there is a mini game involved he's outed himself and if there is anyone who is looking for him then they have found him.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You like role claiming, lol. I was really trying to understand the scenario here. When he said Lex and Superman it wasn't quite what I was thinking though...</p>