Osaka Pro Wrestling: An Osakan Resonance

Nowadays promotions like New Japan Pro Wrestling, DDT Pro, Dragon Gate, All Japan Pro Wrestling, NOAH etc. But once upon a time there was a small company that eventually gain it's own cult following (and popular enough for New Japan to allow them to hold their Super-J Cup Tournament.) While it never became big named promotion, it became just like Michinoku Pro a classical regional/small sized promotion who always managed to stick around. Especially for a company like Osaka Pro that has had it's own fair share of troubles. A promotion that started with the likes of Super Delfin, Dick Togo, Super Dolphin (HUB), Fightful Joe, who would later become Gamma of Dragon Gate, Big Boss MA-G-MA who is now known by the name of Magnitude Kishiwada, Tigers Mask, Daisuke Harada, Zeus. To Name a few. It has now changed quite a lot, do to all of the unfortunate circumstances that have come with it.

Now almost in it's dying days, Gamma deciding he didn't want to see a promotion that he had called home for many years go to the waste bin, decided to inject it with some of his own money. So now today it is still alive, with an irregular schedule but at least it is still about to have shows for all of the fans that stuck by it through it's rough tenure. With a mixture of freelance Osaka Talent that decided they wanted to help too, with able to find some brand new masked talent along the way that would love nothing more than to grow up as a Osaka Pro hopeful. But now by the a man named Akira Kanagi who is a leader of a large IT company in Osaka Pro, has some money to spare. Deciding to buy the Osaka Pro brand giving them some money to, so they can have more shows throughout the year. But still will leave the big decisions up to Gamma to book to promotion while he hangs back and watches from the side ready to help it financially.

----

Time for something new to do on this forum, while everyone loves Real Life promotions like WWE or New Japan. I wanted to challenge myself to something different and a smaller show to see if I have a chance on bringing back to what was it's former glory. I hope this does interests a lot of people.

The Osaka Pro is a mixture of young wrestlers willing to be affiliated with us and a mixture of freelancers here in Osaka.

Osaka Pro Roster:

Kushikatsu Oyaji

Kaiju New World

Caramel Boy

Okonomiyakida

Golden Dragon

Night Scooper Hiroshi

Tigers Mask II

Robby Wolf

Gamma

Kuishinbo Kamen

Kikutaro

Miracle Man

Freelancers:

Tsubasa

Takoyakida

Ultimate Spider Jr.

Magnitude Kishiwada

HUB

Billy Ken Kid

Kanjyouro Matsuyama

Masamune

Kyusei Ninja Ranmaru

Championships:

Osaka Openweight Championship:

Tsubasa

Osaka Tag Team Championship:

Gamma & Super Delfin

Osaka Owarai Championship:

Miracle Man

Tournaments:

Osaka Tag Festival (February)

Tenozon (December)

Press Conference:

Before we head the month of July, there's a lot of what is needed to get through as we start this resonances of Osaka Pro, leaded by the new owner of Akira Kanagi. We are here At Niconico studios, who had allowed use their studio for our Press Conference, but now on to Kanagi. Allowing him to explain everything new going on with Osaka

"Thank you everyone for joining me on this beautiful Saturday Morning at the Niconico Studios, thanks again to them for allowing us to use this to get our message out to anyone watching. As you may have heard of the news, I Akira Kanagi starting on the 1st Monday of July will be the new owner of Osaka Pro Wrestling. Now why of all of the promotions in the world today, where I could've put my money to. Why did I choose Osaka Pro? A promotion that was hot in the hayday now, just a regular small promotion getting by with an handful of shows throughout the year, with an irregular schedule.

Simply put it was a promotion that I loved to watch growing up in Osaka, finally we had a promotion for ourselves when most of them were in Tokyo. It had a unique combination of focusing on masked wrestlers, Lucha Libre, Puroresu and Comedy. And I felt they had succeed a lot in doing so. And I for one don't want to see this company fall apart and die. So I decide to put some money in it and give it to Gamma to mainly control the way things will go where I sit behind and help them financially. So what will we be doing exactly with this new and improved Osaka Pro? First of, have a regular schedule. A Televised Event each Month, and since we don't have the money to go to Studios. We will have our big events going Live on Twitch! As we have been seeing other companies throughout the world use it to show of their promotion and wrestlers.

Also we will be making a return to our Weekly Happy Weekday Shows and Holiday Paradise. Happy Weekdays will be happening 3 Days each week at NASCI Hall Umeda, It will be our main Arena to use for those shows. In with will show 3 matches, 2 Tags and one Singles for the Main Event. Showing off our home grown talent. Occasionally bringing some of the older Osaka Pro Talent/Freelancers, as they'll be mainly showing up at Holiday Paradise and other events. Also Happy Weekdays will be taped and put onto our Youtube Channel. Holiday Paradise will be happening Twice Each Month on Saturdays, with 5 Match Cards. Where they'll focusing on building up to the Main matches for Our events. The Holiday Paradise shows won't have a specific venue, but will be maintained in smaller events. While our bigger shows will be happening throughout the bigger venues in Osaka.

At the moment we will be staying in Osaka until we think we can go to places like Tokyo to help build up our Popularity. As we go into July it looks like HUB will be Tsubasa's first Challenger for the Osaka Openweight Championship. Asked for the shot, wanted to be the first one to help bring viewers in. HUB has been with Osaka since day one. We are still looking for Challengers for our other titles. But eventually we will have those sorted out. As our first Big Event by the end of the month will be called Osaka Pro Hurricane. So that is all of the info we have for you right now. We hope this excite some people into tuning in. We hope to bring back Osaka Pro to what it used to be, mainly the style that made itself famous. But back an fun, family friendly vibe into our events.

Thank you everyone for joining us today, and expect to see our Match cards for our first three Happy Weekday shows alongside the first Holiday Paradise Show."

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jordanmason17" data-cite="jordanmason17" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46860" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This sounds exciting! Can't wait for more.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Glad to know people found it interesting, I'd thought it'd be cool to try something different rather than go with something like WWE or NJPW. Try a smaller lesser known company in Japan. Osaka Pro, became the perfect company for me to use</p>