Destiny Championship Wrestling - A BDM Industries Productions

(Just before I start, I wanna say that this is my first every EWR/TEW diary of any sort, so forgive me if it's not very good. As you can see, I'm using the CornellVerse, but what you don't know is that I'm also using the workers and promotions from both the RufasMods and the Damaged-Freeverse, so a big thank you to their creators for going through the trouble of making both of those mods. Oh, one last thing, since I'm gonna be RPing for this, I'm not going to be refering to myself in the 1st person, only in the 3rd Person. It may take a minute for you to get used to how I do things, but you'll enjoy once you do. Now sit back and enjoy as BDM Industries brings you Destiny Championship Wrestling.) "This is gonna be a barn-stormer!" As the accented voice of Duane Fry came through the speakers, the match between Christian Faith and Runaway Train began. The New York City crowd, which was normally very vocal in both posititve and negative ways, had been strangely quiet throughout most of the three hour PPV, [b]When Hell Freezes Over[/b]. However, when Christian Faith and Runaway Train finally locked up, it all became clear as the crowd started getting hot for the long anticipated match-up. The Franchise loved watching Christian Faith wrestle, because despite the fact the man wasn't all that talented (he sure as hell wasn't a Jeremy Stone or even a Kikkawa), he was able to work around his and his opponent's weaknesses to put on some fun matches that had the crowd eating from his hand. The Franchise himself could feel himself being drawn in by the match and even bit on a few near-falls by Runaway Train, despite the fact that he had watched this DVD dozens of times and knew how this match was going to end. The Franchise couldn't help but sigh as he watched maybe the biggest match of the year, missing his days of being on the road as a wrestler. Sure he was never signed by SWF, but his days as an indy guy were still fun. He had been part of a very small company based out of Cincinnati, Ohio called Power Move Pro Wrestling where he did everything; wrestled, booked, trained guys, even sold concessions from time to time. It was there that he got his nickname, the name that stuck with him to this day. Almost everyone he knew called him The Franchise. Anyways, it looked like he was going to get signed by one of the Big Two and finally reach the big time and recieve the glory that all his peers felt he deserved. However, life's a bitch and The Franchise was put out of action with a horrific knee injury that still had an unpleasent twinge to this day. It took him over a year to recover and by the time he was cleared to wrestle PMPW had closed down and the job offers disappeared. Out of a job, The Franchise had no choice but to pack it up and head home. It had been almost a year since then and still no wrestling gigs. He did have an office job that was putting food on the table and keeping a nice roof over his head, but it wasn't what The Franchise wanted. He wanted to be back in the mix, part of the business again. However, as each day passed, that looked less and less likely. Now all Franchise had left was watching DVDs and tapes of guys who had had made it big on his days off from work. Fry:"OOH! Runaway Train almost decapitated the champion with that vicious clothesline!" Turning his attention back to the tape, The Franchise chuckled as he was pulled out of his flashback by the action on screen. Getting up out of his seat, he shuffled over to the DVD Player and was about to switch to one of his NOTBPW DVDs when the phone began to ring. Limping into the kitchen, The Franchise picked up the reciever and before he could even say 'hello', the voice on the other end began to speak excitedly. The Franchise chuckled before speaking once the person on the other end stopped. Franchise:"Hello Marshall, how are you doing?" Marshall Grant. At 64 years young, he was the oldest big kid you could ever meet. The guy was always upbeat and happy and if you ever saw him frowning then something was horribly wrong. And if he was crying? Hell, if he was crying then nothing less than [i]nuclear war[/i] had been declared. This however hid his pure business genius, becoming a multi-billionare with his Wrestling Network in the early 70s. The Franchise met Marshall during one of the PMPW shows he was working. Marshall had stood out to The Franchise due to his incredible excitement compared to the rest of the (dead) crowd, chanting and cheering everything. The Franchise got him backstage where he met all the other wrestlers and since that day the two have been close friends, despite the nearly 40-year age gap between them. Hell, Marshall is the one who got Franchise his office job. Anyways, after being greeted, Marshall responded. Marshall:"I'm doing great! Just super-fantastic! You wanna know why? Because I'm about to revive Destiny Championship Wrestling!" Franchise:"DCW? Are you really sure you want to do that? I mean, didn't you lose a LOT of money from it's closure last time?" It's true, Marshall had put a great deal of faith in DCW back in the 70s. It was a touring company that ran every other month, the off month used to gets new fans up to speed while the touring months were when new shows were done. Those shows and old SWF episodes were what got the Wrestling Network off the ground and got it on the road to being one of the bigger sports networks in the world. DCW still believed in the old ways of doing business and didn't have it's workers under written contracts, so when DCW really started gaining steam in the early 80s, SWF quickly squashed it by signing all of it's best talent away, leaving DCW with it's proverbial dick in their hand. They tried to come back, but it was too little, too late and Marshall closed the company before he got overwhelmed with debt. Marshall:"Yeah, but this time it's gonna be different! This time we're gonna do things right!" Franchise:"'We're'? Who else is helping you out with this 'DCW Revival'"? To be honest, The Franchise was a tad surprised that Marshall was getting someone else to help with the company. Marshall had some pretty good booking skills in addition to his fantastic business sense. He made guys that had no right even standing near the ring look like future legends. Franchise saw some of those DCW shows from before they were raided and the shows were really cutting edge for the time they were done. Sure, today they'd be hokey as hell, but back then DCW was really pushing the envelope. Marshall:"Well, heh, that's the thing. I was hoping you'd be a part of the promotion...." Hearing those words got Franchise extra excited. He was finally going to get to wrestle again! And in front of a national audience, it doesn't get much better than that. Franchise:"You want me to wrestle? Sure, I could do that." The Franchise was ready to dart into the other room, pull out his barbells and other workout gear, and start training to get back into the wrestling shape when Marshall started to speak again, his words crushing The Franchise's dreams of returning to wrestling in DCW. Marshall:"Uhh, Brandon (Marshall Grant is one of the few people who calls The Franchise by his real name), that's not quite what I was hoping you do." Marshall could sense his friend's disappointment, so he was quick to say something to make Franchise feel better. Marshall:"That's not to say that you wouldn't be a great asset as a wrestler, but right now, I think you'd be much better as our Head Booker. You have an incredible mind for the business and I think with my funds and your smarts, we could take on both of the Big Two!" Franchise:"Really?" The Franchise's ego had taken a bit of a tumble, but Marshall's words had kept it from getting too bruised. The "Really?" that he had responded from was "Franchise-ese" for "Keep stroking my ego". Marshall:"Yes, Brandon, I think that the two of us, with DCW, could change the entire wrestling landscape! So what do you say? Are you gonna join?" The Franchise had to think about this. On one hand, he wasn't going to be wrestling for the company anytime soon, which is what he really wanted. However, Marshall was one of The Franchise's best friends, plus at the very least he'd make some good cash in a business that he loved before it was all said and done. Franchise:"Ok, I'll do it, why the hell not, eh?" Marshall:"Great! The coporate jet is waiting for you at the airport! I'll see you when you get to the Wrestle Network Headquarters here in New York." Franchise:".....You knew I was going to say yes, did you?" Marshall:"Hahahahaha, of course! I knew you wouldn't be able to resist being a part of this company, no matter what role you had." Franchise:"All right, I'll see you in a few hours." Franchise hung up his phone and sighed, rubbing a hand against the short hair on top of his head. He wondered what he was going to have to work with. He didn't think it was too much to hope for a roster of hungry, young guys ready to prove themselves to the wrestling world. Who knows, maybe Marshall was able to steal a big name from SWF or even TCW. [i]The Franchise:~Oh well, all I can do is head to New York and see...~[/i] [b](Next: The Franchise Arrives at The Wrestle Network's HQ)[/b]

Franchise Arrives in New York The plane trip to New York City was eventful, though very nice thanks to the corporate jet accomodations. Upon arrival, there was a limo waiting for him at the airport that took him directly to The Wrestle Network Headquarters. The Franchise had never been there before so he was quite impressed with the size of the impressive Manhatten skyscraper. The Franchise entered the building and immediately noted how nice the lobby was. No expense was spared in making sure waiting in the lobby was nice. At least, there was a lot of junk to stare at. The Franchise was slightly distracted by all the wrestling paraphenelia on display, staring at everything as he made his way to the welcome desk. Franchise:"Uhh, yeah, I'm here to meet with Marshall Grant." The ordinary looking welcomer turned her attention from whatever it was she was doing to look up at the rather tall Franchise. Raising an eyebrow, she looked the young man over before speaking. Welcomer:"Name and business?" Franchise:"Uhh, err, The Franchise and I'm here to talk to him about setting up his wrestling promotion." Welcomer:"Ahh, it's you. Yes, Mr. Grant has been waiting for you, Mr. Franchise. Mr. Grant is in his office on the 25th floor, that elevator over there should take you directly there." Nodding at the welcomer, The Franchise turned and entered the elevator. After a short ride The Franchise ended up on the 25th floor, Marshall Grant's office. The Franchise chuckled as he exited the elevator, the PA system playing a version SWF's theme music. The secretary looked up from her computer, her attention obviously aimed more towards the person on the other end of the phone than on The Franchise. She was told in advance who he was and what he wanted so he pointed him towards some large double doors. Walking into this room, The Franchise found Marshall sitting behind his desk with 4 other people in seats placed around the room, one a hella fine young woman. Noticing The Franchise, Marshall immediately stood up and walked over to his friend, a big smile on his face. The others all turned to watch the two talk. Marshall:"Brandon, ha ha, it's about time you got here!" Franchise:"Yeah, I'm ready to get to work on getting DCW ready for our first show. So, what guys do I have to work with? What big name did you sign for me to book the company around?" Marshall:"You're looking at everyone." The smile lingered on The Franchise's face as he looked around the room, searching, hoping that someone like Sean McFly or Ricky Dale Johnson or Angry Gilmore was hiding somewhere in the room. The smile faded once he saw that it was only the 6 of them there. Franchise:"No offense, but I'm not sure how we're gonna make DCW very successful with just the 6 of us. Hell, I don't mean to sound rude, but who exactly are these people?" With his smile never once showing any hint of fading, Marshall Grant started introducing the 4 other people in the room, standing next to the person as he introduced them to Franchise. Grant:"First, this is Sean Michaels, our Head Referee. Next we have the Thunders, Johnny and Donny. In addition to hosting The Wrestle Network's Old School, New School Wrestling, they're going to be DCW's announcer team. Finally, this lovely young lady is my daughter, Diana Grant. She will be joining me in Road Agent duties." Franchise:"Her? Really?" That certainly caught The Franchise off guard and it showed on his face. The Franchise was a very open-minded guy, tolerant of lots of things most people weren't, but one thing he was always skeptical of women in wrestling. Not as wrestlers, Franchise didn't doubt that some women were damn good workers (Ogiwara could easily wrestle circles and square and even triangles around The Franchise), but in other roles like road agents. Road Agents needed respected, and in wrestling women didn't tend to get respected in a sport of men. Maybe she wasn't the sterotypical dumb blond chick. The Franchise decided to test out Diana's wrestling knowledge. Franchise:"Hmm, all right Diana, answer this for me. How many times has Johnny Martin won DAVE's top title?" Diana didn't need any time to think to answer the question, not hesitating for a moment in answering the question. Diana:"Johnny Martin has won DAVE's top titles a combined 6 times, being a four time Xtreme Champion and two time Unified champion, his last title reign being from Novemeber 2001 to February 2002, losing it to Eric Tyler." Franchise gave her a hard look, before smiling. She seemed to know her stuff. Maybe she'd be an all right Road Agent. However, they still needed wrestlers, not to mention another couple referees, some more road agents. They had apparently decided already that The Franchise would be the companies Authority Figure, seeing how he was the only one amongst all of them that was trained. Anyways, after deciding upon a starting date of January 1st, it was time to find suitable talent for their company. There was only one problem.... Franchise:"Who the hell am I supposed to sign?!?? The Franchise didn't have some magic list with every worker on Earth that had their talent levels on display. All he had was his gut and his eyes to tell him who he should sign and who wasn't worth anything. And thus began the long, long scounting process. Dozens of DVDs were brought in. The staff started searching the net for video of indy workers. Videos from every promotion on Earth were brought in as the 6 staff members took notes on workers they thought would do well. If The Franchise had to do all thids by himself, he'd be there for days, but thanks to the combined efforts of the other five staff members, it only took a few hours to get through everything and get a list of workers that they were interested in signing. Franchise:"So how many workers am I looking to sign?" Marshall:"Hmm, I think around 40 is good." Franchise:"40, eh? That sounds like a lot to me, but whatever." The Franchise looked over at a digital clock and noted the time. They had been there for quite a long while, starting at around 5 in the afternoon, and now it was after 1 AM. After a loud yawn, The Franchise stood up, looking over the papers with about 80 names on it. Franchise:"All right, guys, I'm gonna head to a hotel and contact some of these guys first thing in the mourning. I'll see everyone tomorrow." After saying his farwells, Franchise left the Wrestle Network HQ and made his way to a nearby hotel. Once he was check in and in his room, The Franchise pulled out his "Shortlist" of workers. Alot of these guys weren't going to set the world on fire from an in-ring stand-point, but that was ok. The Franchise wasn't sure if it was fatigue or genuine emotion, but he felt that DCW would find a way to get by and succeed. Nah, it was definately fatigue. The Franchise:"*yawn* We are so screwed...." Maybe tomorrow things would look better. [b](Next: A Look At Some Of The Contacted Workers)[/b]

The next morning, the first thing The Franchise did after getting cleaned up was to look at the list of workers that the company was interested in. They needed around 40 workers and the list had about 80 workers, ranging from foriegners who had never wrestled in the US to guys who were in DAVE's Main Event-Upper Midcard scene. The Franchise would've loved to get all these guys under contract, but he knew that it was impossible, the financial ramifications would be extreme. So he went down the list, carefully weighing each person's pros and cons, seeing how they well they would fit. He wanted to sign guys like Hell Monkey, Champaign Lover, and Samoan Machine, but when it was all said and done, none of those men were contacted. The Franchise spent most of that day on the phone, getting a hold of the workers he wanted for the company, requesting they meet him or talk to him for nogotiations. Most of the guys he talked to sounded rather excited at the prospect of working for him, though Bryan Holmes seemed a little hesitant, but eventually he accepted. At the end of the day, The Franchise had gotten a hold of everyone he wanted to sign. Looking at the list of people he wanted to sign, The Franchise was pleased. The Franchise:"This may just work...." The next few days were spent in and out of Wrestle Network Headquarters, negotiating with the talent and staff they needed for the company. There were no major problems coming to terms with most guys contracts, though The Franchise had to admit he was slightly displeased at having to pay so much for Henry Lee's contract seeing how the guy had nothing going for him outside of DAVE, but oh well. He was a big name, so he'd get the big bucks. Once everyone was signed, this is what the roster looked like: Main Eventers ---------------------- Scorpion - Face Beast Sappo - Face Shawn Gonzalez - Face Jeff Nova - Face Macho King - Heel Eddie Peak - Heel Eric Baine - Heel Henry Lee - Heel Upper Midcarders -------------------------- Johnny Extreme - Face James Brandon - Face Jack Marlowe - Face Alex Braun - Face Enrique Rodriguez - Face The Beast - Face Kazuma Narato - Heel Fumihiro Ota - Heel Daruis Sidel - Heel Steel - Heel Bryan Holmes - Heel Kurt Laramee - Heel Danny B. Bling - Heel Midcarders ------------ Hacker D - Face Kritical Kondition - Face Vic Viper - Face Daniel Prophet - Face Darryll Devine - Heel TJ Donaldson - Heel Joey Minnesota - Heel American Buffalo - Heel Lower Midcarders -------------------- American Elemental - Face Copa Cabana - Face Damien Davis - Face Paris Germaine - Heel Ken Dillinger - Heel Jacob Jett - Heel Openers -------------- Adam Matravers - Face Jesus Freak - Face The Natural - Heel Joss Thompson - Heel Enhancement Talent --------------------- Weapon - Face X - Face Danny Patterson - Heel Sitting in his hotel room, The Franchise was pleased with the roster of guys he had gathered. Quality was going to be issue in the beginning, but once they got rolling, there would be little stopping them. The Franchise:"This roster isn't half bad. At least for the time being. We'll just have to see how things go for the first show." Now that he had his players, it was time to get ready for the first show in a little less than a month. [b](Next: The First Show! DCW: Evolution)[/b]

The First Show A month had passed and DCW had gone all out, hyping it's (re)debut on the Wrestle Network. It wasn't going to skirt away from either of the Big Two though, no it was coming at them head on, scheduled on Tuesday night. They rented out Madison Square Garden and nearly sold the place out. It was DCW's big night. Backstage, The Franchise was pacing back and forth, sweating up a storm. So many thoughts were running through his head, he was so nervous. He was afraid of the show ending up a disaster, that what he had booked would fail miserably, of the company folding, and him ending up back at his dead-end job. Marshall:"You all right, Brandon?" The Franchise turned to face his old friend, slightly reassured by Marshall's omnipresent smile. The Franchise wanted to say something, but he was afraid that by opening his mouth, he'd throw up his dinner. Marshall:"The boys are all waiting for you in the locker room. Do you know what you're going to say?" Franchise:"Yeah....I think...." Marshall continued to smile, patting The Franchise on the shoulder before heading to the skybox where he would be watching the show. The Franchise walked into the locker room and immediately all conversation ended as everyone's attention was now on him. The look on The Franchise's face was a stoic, fearless one despite the fact that inside he was freaking out. He looked around the ring, almost laughing to himself at that fact that a lot of these guys he had been watching on TV or video just a few months ago. After a few moments of silence, The Franchise took a deep breath and began to speak. The Franchise:"Ladies and Gentlemen, it's almost showtime. Tonight, we're gonna start something special with our first show. This is our chance to start the revolution and make the Big Two, the Big Three. However, if we want this dream to become a reality, we're going to have to work harder than ever before! We have to give it our all if we hope to succeed and I have faith that all of you will. I know I am. Now let's go out there and put on the best damn show we can!" The Franchise's speech drew a few cheers from some of the workers and helped to bring around those who were a tad resentful at having a 19 year old kid as their boss. After posting the booking sheet for the night, The Franchise left the locker room, and let out a giant sigh once outside the doors, the look of fearlessness changing to one of exhaustion and fear. That's when he felt someone tap him on the back. It was Diana. The Franchise:"Oh, Diana. What can I help you with?" Diana:"I'm just seeing how you're doing." The Franchise:"I'm fine, I'm fine. No need to worry about me." Diana:"Well, all right, but please, don't over think things. Things are going to work out." Once Diana left, going back into the locker room, it was about time for the show to begin. Slipping a headset on, The Franchise walked in the Gorrilla Position. No going back now. The Franchise:"It's showtime...." The Franchise's Notes On The Show ------------------------------------ [QUOTE]Show Notes ------------------------ Venue: Madison Square Garden (Tri State) Running Time: 150 Minutes (+20 Dark Minutes) Attendance: 25,350 Dark Matches ------------------- D-Day (Danny Patterson & Ken Dillinger) d. Evolution (X [Jack Giedroyc] & Weapon) clean. [b]C-[/b]. I noticed that X & Weapon have good tag chemistry, so it may not be a bad idea to push them. [X, Weap, & Ken improved in skills.] Wild and Wicked taunt Adam Matravers. [b]D[/b]. The crowd didn't seem to respond to this, so it may not have been a good idea to put it on. [Joss improved in acting.] The Natural d. Adam Matravers via Joss Interference. [b]E[/b]. Ow, that sucks, no one seemed to give a damn about the match. Not a good sign. Wild and Wicked beat down Adam Matravers. [b]F[/b]. It's very depressing to hear crickets during a beatdown. Main Show ----------------- Franchise books Light-Heavyweight 4-Way. [b]D[/b]. I know I did a good job, so the lack of reaction must be from the low overness of the guys booked. Paris Germaine d. American Elemental, Jesus Freak, and Jacob Jett for the DCW Light-Heavyweight title by cheating. [b]D[/b]. The match itself was good, but the lack of reaction killed it. Jenny Playmate and Jacob Jett looked akward together so I may split them up. [Jacob Jett improved in skills.] Copa Cabana hyped himself up with a promo. [b]C-[/b]. For a relative unknown, Copa got some pretty good heat. Let's see how he does in a match next week. Daniel Prophet d. American Buffalo cleanly with the Destiny Fulfilled. [b]C[/b]. I think Daniel Prophet is going to be big one of these days. Post match, American Buffalo beats Daniel down. [b]C-[/b]. I wasn't very pleased at the lack of heat for this segment. American Elemental finds The Franchise and requests a match against Paris Germaine next week and it's granted. [b]C[/b]. Now that's what I'm talking about. The crowd seemed to like this. Oh and my performance was fantastic. Kritical Kondition d. Joey Minnesota, Vic Viper, and TJ Donaldson to win the DCW TV title cleanly with the Situation Kritical. [b]C[/b]. I think a feud between Krit and TJ could be gold. At least promo-wise it would. [Joey and Vic improved in skills.] KritKond vs. TJ Donaldson announced for next week. [b]C-[/b]. Let's see how the two work together in a match before I start a storyline for them. Monsters Inc. (Jack Marlowe and James Brandon) d. The Tokyo Express (Fumihiro Ota & Kazuma Narato) to win the DCW World Tag Team titles clean. [b]B-[/b]. This match lived up to the hype we put on it. We'll have to revisit a feud between these two teams in the future. [Jack and James improved in skills]. 72nd and Central (Kurt Laramee and Danny B Bling) are seen backstage watching the Monsters Inc/Tokyo Express match. [b]C+[/b]. I liked the interaction Danny Bling and Cat Jemeson had. The two of them are a good pairing. A 4-way match for the DCW World Heavyweight Championship title with Scorpion vs. Shawn Gonzalez vs. Macho King vs. Henry Lee is announced for next week. [b]B[/b]. I'm honestly looking forward to this match-up. Steel d. The Beast, Johnny Extreme, Alex Braun, Bryan Holmes, and Daruis Sidel to win the DCW Intercontinental title by cheating. [b]B[/b]. I think Steel is going to be a superstar one of these days. He just needs that push, that storyline, that one little "thing" to get him over the top. [The Beast, Johnny Extreme, and Daruis Sidel all improved in skills.] Carl Batch hypes Eddie Peak. [b]B-[/b]. Eddie looked good out there. I'm not sure if Eddie could ever be a top guy with the company revolving around him, but for now he'll make a solid Main Event-level heel. Alex Braun challenges Steel to match for IC title. [b]B-[/b]. I was a little disappointed in how this went, considering Alex's skills on the mic. The Franchise books Scorpion and Shawn Gonzalez vs. Macho King and Henry Lee for tonight. [b]B[/b]. I was hoping the overness of Scorpion, Macho King, and Henry Lee would make the announcement a little hotter. It didn't. Eddie Peak d. Jeff Nova by cheating. [b]B[/b]. Jeff and Eddie don't click, so I'm gonna have to keep that in mind. Otherwise, this was perfectly acceptable wrestling. Steel refuses Alex Braun's challenge. [b]B+[/b]. Yup, Steel is definately going to be a star one day. Eric Baine taunts Beast Sappo. [b]B[/b]. I was hoping for more of a reaction from the crowd, but it was not meant to be. Beast Sappo d. Eric Baine cleanly with the Beast Bomb. [b]B[/b]. The wrestling wasn't terrible, but the heat was rather low for this match. I wonder how Sappo and Eddie would work together in a match? [Sappo improved in skills.] Sappo and Baine continue brawling all the way to the back. [b]B-[/b]. Yeah, this didn't work out very well. Scorpion and Shawn Gonzalez walk to the ring. [b]B[/b]. Not terrible, not great, just a decent segment. I can live with that. Macho King and Henry Lee d. Scorpion and Gonzalez by cheating. [b]B+[/b]. This match exceeded my expectations for it. I can't complain. [Macho King improved in skills.] Backstage, Gonzalez storms off after an argument with Scorpion after their tag match loss. [b]B[/b]. Scorpion came across well. Slightly disappointing. That's all. Final Notes: I think I may have used myself and The Natural just a bit too much. Show Rating: [b]B[/b][/QUOTE]

(I'm trying out some different reporting styles, just to see which is easiest to do.) The Franchise's Notes [quote][CENTER] [b]DCW Evolution[/b] Location: Carrier Dome (Tri State) Attendence: 30,000 Rating: 2,450,418 Viewers[/CENTER] [B][U]Dark Stuff[/U][/B] Wild and Wicked defeated Evolution in 3:24 when Joss Thompson defeated Weapon by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. -Joss Thompson is improving in Rumble skills. -Joss Thompson is improving in Technical skills. -Rating: [b]D[/b] Adam Matravers defeated Jacob Jett in 2:33 by pinfall with a Mile High Moonsault. -Rating: [b]E[/b] Copa Cobana defeated Ken Dillinger in 2:43 by pinfall with a Copa Slam. -Copa Cobana and Ken Dillinger don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. -Rating: [B]C[/B] Fiona Steele comes out and fires T-Shirts into the crowd. -Rating: [b]A*[/b] [b][u]Live Show[/u][/b] Paris Germaine hypes his match against American Elemental. -Rating: [b]E[/b] [b]Match 1[/b]: The Future of Wrestling defeated The Sickness in 4:46 when Darryl Devine defeated Vic Viper by pinfall with a handful of tights. -Rating: [b]C[/b] Steel has an interview in which he flaunts his victory over Alex Braun in the six-man match last week. -Rating: [b]B+[/b] [b]Match 2[/b]: Paris Germaine defeated American Elemental in 5:35 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. -Paris Germaine makes defence number 1 of his DCW Light-Heavyweight title. -American Elemental and Paris Germaine have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. -Rating: [b]D[/b] TJ Donaldson had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Kritical Kondition for the DCW TV title. -Rating: [b]C[/b] [b]Match 3[/b]: Kritical Kondition defeated TJ Donaldson in 8:16 by count out. -Kritical Kondition makes defence number 1 of his DCW Television title. -Rating: [b]C[/b] A Graphic is shown to hype Copa Cobana's talk show, "The Cabana with Cabana" and tonights guest, Scorpion. -Rating: [b]C+[/b] The Franchise comes out to the announcers desk and informs the crowd that Jeff Nova and Beast Sappo will go against Eddie Peak and Eric Baine. TONIGHT! -Rating: [b]B-[/b] [b]Match 4[/b]: Steel defeated Enrique Rodriguez in 9:59 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. -Steel makes defence number 1 of his DCW Intercontinental title. -Enrique Rodriguez and Dawn The Cheerleader have excellent chemistry together. -Enrique Rodriguez is improving in Performance skills. -Rating: [b]B+[/b] Steel is celebrating his victory over Enrique Rodriguez when Alex Braun runs in and attacks, beating Steel down into the mat. -Rating: [b]C+[/b] At "The Cabana with Cabana", Copa Cobana interviews Scorpion where he hypes his upcoming match against Shawn Gonzalez, Macho King and Henry Lee. -Copa Cobana did not come out of this looking good. -Copa Cobana is developing better performance skills. -Rating: [b]B[/b] 72nd And Central attack James Brandon and Jack Marlowe backstage, and leave them down and out, Cat Jameson taunting the two while Adrian Garcia freaks out. -Jack Marlowe and Adrian Garcia are a good pairing, they play off each other well. -Rating: [b]C+[/b] [b]Match 5[/b]: The Brawlers defeated The Tokyo Express in 8:39 when Johnny Extreme defeated Fumihiro Ota by pinfall with a Canning Cutter. -The Beast and Johnny Extreme had great chemistry when teaming together. -Kazuma Narato is improving in Technical skills. -Fumihiro Ota is improving in Performance skills. -Rating: [b]B-[/b] An angry Adrian Garcia, Jack Marlowe, and James Brandon come out for an interview where they challenge Danny B Bling and Kurt Laramee to a tag team match at King of the Ring for Jack Marlowe and James Brandon's Tag Titles. -Jack Marlowe is developing better performance skills. -Rating: [b]C+[/b] The camera cuts backstage where we find Jeff Nova and Beast Sappo warming up, getting ready for their tag match against Eddie Peak and Eric Baine. -Rating: [b]A*[/b] [b]Match 6[/b]: Jeff Nova and Beast Sappo defeated Eddie Peak and Eric Baine in 15:01 when Beast Sappo defeated Eddie Peak by pinfall with a Beast Bomb. -Eddie Peak and Eric Baine had great chemistry when teaming together. -Rating: [b]A[/b] The match is over, and both teams continue to brawl around the ring. While Eric Baine and Jeff Nova are distracted fighting each other, Eddie Peak bodyslams Beast Sappo onto the ringside table. The madness reaches epic proportions when Eddie Peak climbs onto the table, positions Sappo, then delivers a piledriver right through the table. -Rating: [b]B[/b] Easy Emma, Johnny, and Donny Thunder hype the upcoming World Heavyweight title match between Scorpion, Shawn Gonzalez, Macho King and Henry Lee from the comfort of their announcers table. -Rating: [b]B+[/b] [b]Match 7[/b]: Scorpion defeated Shawn Gonzalez, Macho King and Henry Lee in 19:38; the order of elimination was Macho King first, then Shawn Gonzalez, and finally Henry Lee. -Scorpion wins the DCW World Heavyweight title. -Henry Lee was exhausted by the end. -Rating: [b]A[/b] Having picked up one of the greatest victories in his career, Scorpion goes out into the crowd to celebrate his win with his fans. -Rating: [b]A[/b] Final Show Rating: [b]B+[/b][/quote] SWF Supreme TV Show Rating: [b]B-[/b] TCW Presents Total Wrestling Show Rating: [b]B[/b]

The Pro-Wrestling Voyeur [b]Dark Angel to DCW?[/b] by Charles Quintzer [quote]Word from DCW is that there is interest Cliff Wilson aka Dark Angel and that they've already requested that he come to DCW/Wrestle Network HQ for negotiations. DCW plans on using him to work with Darryll Devine and Joey Minnesota, amongst others. More information will be posted when available.[/quote]

[quote][CENTER][b]DCW Evolution[/b] Tuesday, Week 3, January 2006 Venue: Continental Airlines Arena Attendence: 28,238 Viewers: 2,465,291[/CENTER] [B][U]Dark Segments[/U][/B] [b]Dark Match 1[/b]: Copa Cobana won a battle royal in 7:43. The final four competitors also included Ken Dillinger, American Elemental and Jacob Jett, with Ken Dillinger being the final elimination. -Copa Cobana is improving in Rumble skills. -Copa Cobana is improving in Performance skills. -The Natural is improving in Technical skills. -Rating: [b]C-[/b] Easy Emma comes out and fires T-Shirts into the crowd. -Rating: [b]A*[/b] [b][u]Live Show[/u][/b] After the announcers greet the home viewers, Scorpion comes out with the DCW World Heavyweight title. He then cuts a promo putting over the title and himself. -Rating: [b]A[/b] Macho King then comes out, interrupting Scorpion's promo. After some banter, Macho King challenges Scorpion to a match for the DCW World Heavyweight title (if he still has it) at the January PPV, [b]King of the Ring[/b]. Being the fighting champion he is, Scorpion accepts. -Scorpion is developing better performance skills. -Rating: [b]A[/b] [b]Match 1[/b]: Paris Germaine defeated Adam Matravers in 5:21 by pinfall with The Paris Experience. -Paris Germaine makes defence number 2 of his DCW Light-Heavyweight title. -Rating: [b]D[/b] A graphic is shown to hype "The Cabana with Cabana" with special guest, DCW Television champion, Kritical Kondition. -Rating: [b]D[/b] The Future of Wrestling cut a promo talking about how great they are and how they are the future of not only DCW, but wrestling itself. -Jenny Playmate helped Joey Minnesota during this segment. -Rating: [b]C[/b] [b]Match 2[/b]: American Buffalo defeated Hacker D in 5:57 by pinfall with The Stampede. -Rating: [b]C+[/b] Vic Viper has a microphone, and begins making it clear that he and Damien Davis are confident that they're going to defeat The Future of Wrestling. -Fiona Steele helped Vic Viper during this segment. -Fiona Steele helped Damien Davis during this segment. -Vic Viper is learning to show more charisma. -Vic Viper is developing better performance skills. -Rating: [b]C[/b] At the Cabana with Cabana, Copa Cobana is interviewing Kritical Kondition. Suddenly TJ Donaldson comes running through the crowd, getting the jump on Kritical Kondition, beating him down. -Rating: [b]C-[/b] [b]Match 3[/b]: The Sickness drew with The Future of Wrestling in 7:50 following a double count out. -Rating: [b]C[/b] The bell has sounded, but The Sickness and The Future of Wrestling continue brawling with each other, heading all the way to the backstage area as Fiona Steele and Jenny Playmate egg them on. -Rating: [b]C-[/b] [b]Match 4[/b]: 72nd And Central defeated Beauty and the Beast (Enrique Rodriguez and the Beast) in 7:59 when Kurt Laramee defeated The Beast by pinfall when Cat Jemson interfered. -Enrique Rodriguez and The Beast had great chemistry when teaming together. -Kurt Laramee is improving in Performance skills. -Rating: [b]B[/b] After clearing the ring, 72nd And Central accept the challenge Monsters Inc laid out last week and will be facing them in a match at [b]King of the Ring[/b]. -Danny B Bling is learning to show more charisma. -Danny B Bling is developing better performance skills. -Rating: [b]B+[/b] A video plays recapping the goings on in the issue between Alex Braun vs. Steel. -Rating: [b]C+[/b] The Franchise comes out to the podium and announces that the winner of the upcoming bout between Alex Braun and Daruis Sidel will get a title shot against Steel at [b]King of the Ring[/b]. -Rating: [b]B-[/b] [b]Match 5[/b]: Alex Braun defeated Daruis Sidel in 5:19 by pinfall with a Braun Damage. -Rating: [b]B-[/b] Alex Braun is celebrating his victory in the ring when Steel runs in and attacks, beating Alex Braun down into the mat, a smug grin on his face as he heads to the back. -Rating: [b]B-[/b] The announcers put over the fact that we'll be seeing Alex Braun take on Steel at the PPV. -Rating: [b]B-[/b] Beast Sappo gives a heartfelt backstage promo where he comments on the injury he has received after being piledriven through the table last week by Eddie Peak. Beast promises that he'll get his revenge on the cowardly Eddie Peak, injury be damned. -Rating: [b]B[/b] Shortly after Sappo's promo, the cameras cut to ringside as Eddie Peak comes out for a promo. In said promo, Eddie Peak takes the oppurtunity to taunt Beast Sappo about his injury, going so far as to wishing he had done more damage than he already did. -Carl Batch helped Eddie Peak during this segment. -Rating: [b]A[/b] [b]Match 6[/b]: Shawn Gonzalez defeated Eddie Peak in 12:40 by submission after interference from a visibly hurting Beast Sappo. -Eddie Peak was visibly tiring toward the end. -Rating: [b]B[/b] Carl Batch, accompanied by Henry Lee, is interviewed backstage by Easy Emma, where he hypes the upcoming DCW World Heavyweight title match between his client, Henry Lee, and the champion, Scorpion. -Henry Lee is developing better performance skills. -Rating: [b]B[/b] [b]Match 7[/b]: Scorpion defeated Henry Lee in 9:48 by submission with a Scorpion Death Hold. -Scorpion makes defence number 1 of his DCW World Heavyweight title. -Henry Lee was visibly tiring toward the end. -Rating: [b]A[/b] After the match, Macho King comes from out of nowhere and storms the ring where he begins tussling with Scorpion. Both of them end up falling through the ropes to the outside of the ring. After getting the upperhand - and to the horror of all in attendence, Macho King delivers a bone snapping piledriver onto the concrete floor. However, Macho King isn't finished by any means. He picks the nearly lifeless Scorpion back up and delivers another brutal piledriver on the cold, hard concrete floor. The attack is quickly broken up by an outpouring of wrestlers and officials from the backstage area. -Scorpion is developing better performance skills. -Rating: [b]B+[/b] Final Rating: [b]B+[/b][/quote] SWF Supreme TV Show Rating: [b]B-[/b] TCW Presents Total Wrestling: [b]B-[/b]

[quote][center][b]DCW Evolution[/b] Tuesday, Week 4, January 2006 Venue: United Center (Great Lakes) Attendence: 14,826 Viewers: 2,401,422[/center] [b][u]Dark Segments[/u][/b] Paris Germaine won a battle royal in 4:38. The final four competitors also included Ken Dillinger, American Elemental and The Natural, with Ken Dillinger being the final elimination. -Rating: [b]D[/b] Dawn The Cheerleader comes out and fires T-Shirts into the crowd. -Rating: [b]A*[/b] [b][u]Live Show[/u][/b] Macho King comes out with a microphone and starts insulting Scorpion, telling him and the world that he's going to beat Scorpion in their match at [b]King of the Ring[/b]. -Rating: [b]B+[/b] A graphic is shown to hype "The Cabana with Cabana" and tonight's guest, American Buffalo. -Rating: [b]E[/b] [b]Match 1[/b]: TJ Donaldson defeated Daniel Prophet in 4:40 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. -Rating: [b]B-[/b] TJ Donaldson is so busy celebrating his victory, that he doesn't notice Kritical Kondition running in. TJ gets jumped and beatdown by Kritical Kondition. -Rating: [b]C-[/b] While The Franchise is out talking to the crowd about how great he is, he also mentions that tonight we will see Alex Braun, Jack Marlowe and James Brandon take on Steel, Kurt Laramee and Danny B Bling! -The Franchise came across well -Rating: [b]B-[/b] While he's out there, The Franchise also mentions that tonight we will see Scorpion take on Eddie Peak -Rating: [b]B+[/b] Highlights of the match last week between The Sickness and The Future of Wrestling are played in a video package. -Rating: [b]D[/b] [b]Match 2[/b]:The Sickness drew with The Future of Wrestling in 10:17 following a double count out. -Fiona Steele did some good work at ringside. -Rating: [b]C[/b] The bell has sounded, yet The Sickness and The Future of Wrestling continue to do battle with each other all the way to the backstage area. -Rating: [b]C-[/b] After watching video of the earlier encounter, The Franchise comes out to the announcers desk and informs the crowd that he has signed a bout between Kritical Kondition and TJ Donaldson and that it will be held at [b]King of the Ring[/b]. -The Franchise looked good. -Rating: [b]C+[/b] Backstage, the cameras catch Enrique Rodriguez and Dawn The Cheerleader playfully flirting with each other. -Rating: [b]A*[/b] [b]Cabana at the Cabana[/b]: Copa Cobana is interviewing American Buffalo when American Buffalo just turns around and lays Copa Cobana out after taking enough of his subtle insults. -Rating: [b]C-[/b] [b]Match 3[/b]: Bryan Holmes and Daruis Sidel defeated The Brawlers in 9:38 when Bryan Holmes defeated Johnny Extreme by pinfall when Easy Emma interfered. -Easy Emma did some good work at ringside. -Rating: [b]B[/b] Steel, Kurt Laramee, and Danny B Bling have an interview in which they hype their upcoming tag match against Alex Braun, Jack Marlowe, and James Brandon, promising such a dominate victory. -Kurt Laramee is developing better performance skills. -Danny B Bling is learning to show more charisma. -Danny B Bling is developing better performance skills. -Rating: [b]B-[/b] [b]Match 4[/b]: Alex Braun and Monsters Inc. defeated Steel and 72nd And Central in 9:35 when Alex Braun defeated Steel by pinfall with a Braun Damage. -Adrian Garcia did some good work at ringside. -Cat Jemson did some good work at ringside. -Rating: [b]B-[/b] The cameras suddenly head to the backstage parking lot, where a brutal attack by Eddie Peak on the injured Beast Sappo is caught on film. -Rating: [b]B[/b] [b]Match 5[/b]: Jeff Nova and Shawn Gonzalez defeated Henry Lee and Eric Baine in 11:40 when Shawn Gonzalez defeated Eric Baine by submission with a Latino Crab. -Fiona Steele did some good work at ringside. -Carl Batch did some good work at ringside. -Jeff Nova is improving in Rumble skills. -Rating: [b]A[/b] The announcers put over the fact that we'll be seeing Beast Sappo take on Eddie Peak at [b]King of the Ring[/b]. -Rating: [b]B[/b] Carl Batch had an interview hyping Eddie Peak's upcoming singles match with Scorpion, saying that Eddie'll beat Scorpion so bad that they'll have to call off the World title match at the PPV. -Rating: [b]B[/b] [b]Match 6[/b]: Scorpion defeated Eddie Peak in 14:48 by pinfall with a Scorpion Black Drop. During the match we also saw Beast Sappo run in and attack Eddie Peak, and Macho King do the same to Scorpion. -Eddie Peak was visibly tiring toward the end. -Rating: [b]A[/b] While Eddie Peak ran off to get away from Beast Sappo, Scorpion and Macho King continued to do battle with each other, heading all the way to a concession stand, making a mess of place. -Rating: [b]B+[/b] Final Rating: [b]B+[/b][/quote] SWF Supreme TV Show Rating: [b]B-[/b] TCW Presents Total Wrestling: [b]B[/b] [quote][b][u]DCW January - King of the Ring Card[/u][/b] DCW World Heavyweight Title Match - Macho King (challenger) vs. Scorpion (champion) DCW World Tag Team Title Match - 72nd & Central (challengers) w/Cat Jameson vs Monsters Inc. (champions) w/Adrian Garcia DCW Intercontinental Championship Title Match - Steel (champion) vs. Alex Braun (challenger) DCW Television Title Match - TJ Donaldson (challenger) vs. Kritical Kondition (champion) Grudge Match - Eddie Peak vs. Beast Sappo 2 out of 3 Falls - The Future of Wrestling vs. The Sickness American Buffalo vs. Copa Cabana 25-Man Battle Royal for DCW World Heavyweight Title Shot at DCW March - Day of Destiny[/quote]

Archived