RTE "55" File already Open

Arlie, I got a tad nervous today, I had back to back RTE 55. I have never had a RTE with BB yet, until today. I could not duplicate it. But after simming a week I would go to save and it would give me this error. Then I restart the game and try to load the previous file. It would then tell me that there is no save file to load. I then looked in the Directory and found the .sav was gone. ALL I CAN SAY is THANK GOD FOR THE BACKUP DIR!!!! Any Ideas? Matt

Just tried to save the game after a simmed week. IT happen twice and I cant think of something I did to cause it? Also a side not, after these two crashes I went into options and selected autosave. After that I did not notice it saving after each week. Maybe I missed it or something. Matt

I received the exact same error on Saturday. After I just finished playing the National Championship Game I decided to quit playing the game for the night so I exited the game and saved. That's when I received the error. I tried yesterday to play again but it said that my file name was invalid.

• 2 weeks later...
I had this also... I had this same issue. It happened at the very end of the season, after the national championship game, when I tried to save. It was not in mid-sim, there was only one game that week, and it had finished completely. It probably occurred when I used the "x" to exit the game and then asked to save before exiting. I know I was going to stop for the evening, before the offseason, so it's likely I did those steps when exiting. I was coming here to find out if there was a solution, and I got that from this thread (look in the backup directory). Hopefully my adding to this thread will help you isolate the steps to recreate it. This post and the last one show remarkable similarities. By the way, I also got a "file already open" error once when loading, though that at least did not have the consequence of not saving your game data. But I don't recall the specifics of that instance to help you isolate the steps.

Archived