(CornellVerse) Two Federations, One Dream (RRW/NIW)

Two Promotions.. One Dream In New York City, New York, USA: The room was a study of contrasts, the hotel penthouse with its flair towards conspicuous consumption, contrasted with video tapes strewn everywhere, and various wrestling magazines and newsletters (of both the everyday variety, and the so-called "Smart" magazines. Two men sat at a table, covered with folders and papers.. One man trying to convince another.. "I dunno, Thom.. I know you have plenty of money thanks to the dot com boom, especially since you somehow knew to get out at the last minute before the bubble burst.. but Pro Wrestling? That's a volatile investment.. the analysts say that the wrestling buisness could drop out at any moment.." "Oh, I agree. Buisness wise, it's a huge risk, Mike.." the 2nd man stated calmly.. sipping at a soda (he never drank alcohol..) on his desk. "But this isn't a business decision. It's something personal..." Confused, the first man tried to rally his thoughts.. "Personal, Thom?" Thomas Johanssen noded calmly. "You see, Mike.. I don't talk much about growing up with the old man on the road, driving his truck 300 days a year. But whenever he was home, we'd find a wrestling show, and watch. I got to see some of the top names in the businss. The Johnny Storms. Ace Daunton. The Masked Maulers.. even got to see The Golden Boy, Henry Gold defend the National Grappling Alliance championship against Tex Hutton at the Garden." He then sipped at his soda, trying to put the next words together. "I don't have any kids, and probably, if I ever get married, whatever society queen I marry won't let me take the kid to a "Wrasslin" show on a whim.. but this is to honor my father. It's something I want for the long haul. Give a new generation of fathers and sons something to see. Just like the kids who went to see the Supreme Wrestling Federation in 1980, and got in the ground floor of Wrestling's new era.. I want to create a new generation of wrestling fans." The first man was struck by the sincerity in his voice.. "But.. you're not even going with the dominant culture in wrestling, what do they call it.. "Sports Entertainment...?" "if I was gonna create another SWF or TCW, I wouldn't even get into the business. No.. National Independent Wrestling's gonna be something different. We'll fight our own battles. Have you looked over the list of folks I want to contact? We need to get this thing going soon.." "Yes, I thought we were going to try to take a big name or two from the big two.." "Forget that. We try to break their contracts, they'll tie us up in court for years. The name is National Independent Wrestling.. We'll get the best wrestlers who AREN'T written up to the Big Two. We will be the Independent Choice." "I hope you know what you're doing.. Thom.." "I do." ----- Osaka, Japan The salaryman was sweating bullets already, he could hear his boss ranting from where he was standing. He apparently had brought a TV in his office, and was cursing vehemently.. he stepped through and immediately ducked as the television remote hit the side of the door, shattering it.. He waited till his boss had finally calmed down.. He stole a glance at the screen, and winced, as he saw the source of the boss's anger.. where on the screen, Raul Hughes proudly held up the BHOTWG World Title, he had apparently defeated Kikkawa Tadiyuki in his latest defense. That was sure to have set the boss off. Finally, he got control of himself and faced the salaryman. "So.. you have gotten final approval from the council of oyabuns?" "[i]Hai[/i].. They agreed that it was time that a wrestling company be formed to show the best of Japanese wrestling. They agree with the prohibitions you have suggested, that while we may use gaijins sparingly, we do not make them the focus like the other federations. Finally, Japan will have a wrestling league that properly reflects its martial spirit!" The boss grinned, a rare and fearsome sight. Good. Tell the press department to release the statement. Royal Road Wrestling has begun. Get Kobashi Masaharu for me.. tell him the oyabuns have approved him as the general manager. Tell him that he is to guide Royal Road to be successful." (Both feds have an owner, (Thomas Johansson for NIW, Masaharu Kobashi for RRW), and two million dollars in the bank. They have been given enough prestige to make them cult feds, but will have to sign all their talent, announcers and negotiate shows on their own. Should be interesting)

New York City, New York, USA: The forty or so wrestlers in the hotel ballroom looked at each other wth various degrees of interest. They'd all been contacted by some group calling themselves "National Independent Wrestling".. none of em had ever worked for a group like that before, but they were all offered a double booking fee PLUS travel, just to come in and listen to a pitch to sign on with the new group.. and the money had been paid up front. Some thought it was a dodge for the Mafia or whatever.. but money talked, so damn if they were gonna walk, at least not right away. Finally, a man came from an adjoining hallway, and stood at the podium. "Thank you all for being here this morning. All of you here today have something in common. Either you are one of the best independent wrestlers today.. or you have the potential to be one of the best in the independent wrestling scene. What we want.. is you working with us to provide an alternative to the wrestling fan. Now.. two things. One, we are not going to attempt to lock you down. We'd prefer you work with us first if there are any conflicts, but we are not going to screw you out of making money or working closer to home if that's what you want. We have contracts up here, that depending on your position are straight pay per appearance deals, standard booking fees, all that.. or for those of you who want to work on retainer, we can arrange for a downside agreement.. although we would look for a bit more flexibility with regards to other companies if you have a downside." The meeting was not long, and it was not boring. Not everyone was convinced, but a lot of them, looking at each other, had the same idea.. [b]Hey, if it don't work out.. that money still spends as good as any other.. plus I could be on the ground floor of something different."[/b] There was plenty of negotiations that evening and throught out the next few days.

From NatIndyWrestling.Com: Updated Roster announced: Main Event Faces: Jungle Jack, Big Cat Brandon Heels: "The Fallen Angel" Cliff Wilson, Hell's Bouncer Upper Midcard: Face: Nathan Coleman, Donnie J, Wanda Fish (F) Heel: Hell Monkey, Cherry Bomb (F) Midcard: Face: Steve Flash, Daryl Devine Heel: Mean Jean Cattley, Black Eagle Lower Midcard: Heel: Matty Phatty, Nevada Nuclear, Prince Adam OPener: Heel: Champagne Lover Face: American Elemental Announcing: Rock Downpour and Helen Wheels There's likely a couple more signings soon, keep coming back for more info!

Royal Road Wrestling Press Conference: Sunday December 6th, 2005. The wrestling press had seen it all, and nothing really shocked them aboutthe conference. It was kind of interesting to see it was an all Japanese approach, but they looked to be heavy on the Junior Heavyweights and the female wrestlers (and it was a shock that such a traditionalist group would have men's and women's matches under the same banner.. but what do you know..) Then things got.. interesting. One of the men stepped to the podium.. he looked familiar.. but not quite.. The man spoke quietly. He said calmly.. "I used to be a wrestler elsewhere in Japan. But now I am in Royal Road.. because they share the same goals as I do.. restoring Japanese wrestling to its Royal Road roots. A couple of years ago.. you all sang my praises.. now I stand here ready to take my spot back.." The press looked at each other... who was he? Some nobody, trying to play the press for fools. The man grinned a bit to himself.. "Ah.. let me refresh your memory.." He pulled out a mask with a familiar logo and placed it on his head.. it was Burning Takasheta! "Three years ago, I told Kaneie Komine that BHOTWG was becoming too dominated by gajin, that it had lost touch with it's roots.. I was told that I was a rookie, and that rookies should not say such things. I insisted on a further place for talented JAPANESE wrestlers, but was told that the gaijin was a integral part of wrestling in Japan. I disagreed, and it became quite heated. Most of you know the result. Kaneie Komine fired me, to placate the foreigners on his roster... and tried to destroy my career. He, as you can see, has obviously failed. And now, I stand before you, ready to help Royal Road Wrestling show all the world the power of Japanese Wrestling..." The crowd was stunned, the only sound was click after click from the cameras, it was unheard of for a wrestler to be so direct.. Finally, Takasheta pulled the mask off and tossed it away again. "My Name.. Is TAKESHI JIN. And together, we shall walk the Royal Road, and restore Japanese wrestling to its rightful place!" (edit: Stupid word filter)

NIW was having a rocky start, as they were filling the last holes on their rosters, new ones were opening, as Matty Phatty, and Big Cat Brandon signed written deals elsewhere (Matty with NOTBPW, Big Cat with SWF) Days later, Hell's Bouncer also goes to SWF. Seems like we ARE a threat to the big two..

Royal Road was ready first, and they introudced their fist show, a weekly event.. They needed to wait a few more days as they hadn't set their road agents, and the card suffered.. [b][i]Walking the Royal Road[/b][/i] From the Kagawa Sports Field (in Shikoku Region, Japan) Att: 2,000 Before the card, the wrestlers come out and lead the fans in a Triple BANZAI chant.. (which is said will be done before every event) The First match was a dark match, and Gesshin Nishihara was immortalized as the first ever person to submit in a RRW ring, as Magnum Kobe locked him in a cross arm breaker for the win (Rating D) Dark Match 2: Strong Style Yoemon defeated Harumi Okazawaya by pinfall in 6:49 (rating C) Match 1: Gonnohyoe Kada defeated Namboku Makuda by pinfall in 6:52 (C-) Match 2: Chuichi Sanda defeated Hidekazu in 15:34 after the EXPLOSION KICK (C+) The press conference for Takeshi Jin was replayed (C-, they came to see action) Match 3: In a female match, Kit Hatoyame defeated Saeko Hiroyuki after a spinning toe hold in 15;41 (C) Match 4: Toshiharu Hyobanshi defeated Mamoru Nagahama by pinfall after a powerbomb at 18:51 (C) Match 5: In a 4 v 4 Elimination Match: Bairei Yasujiro, Eagle Kawasawa, Sensational Dragon and Jin Takashi defeated Dark Eagle, Masaru Ugaki, Spyder Yakuta and VENOM in 43:53; Masaru Ugaki was eliminated first, then Spyder Yakuta, then Jin Takashi, then VENOM, then Eagle Kawasawa, and finally Dark Eagle. (C+) Final Rating: C+.. and would have been much better if Masaharu Kobashi hadn't been the road agent ;)

It had taken most of a month to get started, and more people were being poached (Wanda Fish was the next to get a written offer), but finally, National Independent Wtrestling was about ready to take off. Thomas Johansson did all the negotiating for venues and such himself.... At one point, folks in the office heard Johansson and a venue director arguing, screaming curses at each other.. and finally Johansson lost his temper, told the arena manager that he could shove his rinky dink cow town dump where the sun didn't shine and slammed the phone down so hard they thought it had broken. A few seconds later, Johansson's head poked out the door, a silly grin on his face. "Geez, why didn't I start doing this before?" He asked the astonished group..

[b]Walking the Royal Road[/b], Year Ending Edition: They had announced to the press that the year ending show would see the first Royal Road Title match, as the Women's Strongest Title would be contested between Tara Hike and Kit Hatoyame, as well as the first round of a Tournament to crown the Royal Road All-Japan heavyweight Championship. Also, Fumihiko Uno and Stunner From the Hokkaido Sports Park in Hokkaido, Japan (Attendance:3,242) Dark Match 1: Saeko Hiroyuki defeated Kiko Sakakibara in 6:46 by pinfall with a Hiroyuki Bomb. (C) Dark Match 2: Sensational Dragon defeated Harumi Okazawaya in 8:34 by pinfall with a Dragon Slice. (C+) Main Card Match 1 (All-Japan Tournament Quarterfinal): Jin Takashi defeated Harumi Okazawaya in 16:35 by pinfall with a Takashi Driver. (Didn't click at all.. and I was hoping better for Takashi, in the storyline for this dynasty, he's important!, but it still got a C) Main Card Match 2: Thunder Hike defeated Kit Hatoyama in 21:26 by pinfall after a Thunder Driver. Thunder Hike wins the Women's Strongest Title. (B-.. great match, stretched a bit too far, but really good otherwise) Main Card Match 3 ((All-Japan Tournament Quarterfinal): Chuichi Sanda defeated Hidekazu in 17:08 by pinfall with an Explosion Kick. (B-), This makes the first semifinal Jin Takashi vs Chuichi Sanda. Hopefully Takashi can work with Sanda better then he did with Okazawaya ;) Main Card Match 4 Washichi Inao defeated Gonnohyoe Kada in 18:11 by pinfall. (another didn't click at all, plus Kada was gassed by the end.) (C) Main Card Match 5 (All-Japan Tournament Quarterfinal) In what was SUPPOSED to be the main event (I moved it to the wrong spot after booking it...) Bairei Yasujiro defeated Dark Eagle in 25:21 by pinfall. Was a great match, a bit too much no-selling (of course, to the bosses, it's just showing Fighting Spirit!) , but still easily the best match in RRW's short history (B+) Main Card Match 6: (All-Japan Tournament Quarter Final) Spyder Yakuta defeated Strong Style Yoemon in 9:31 by pinfall. (C+), This makes the other semi final, Bairei Yasujiro vs Spyder Yakuta. Final Rating: C+ (Rumor has it that the semifinals will be 2 out of 3 fall matches..)

Finally, National Independent Wrestling had a card ready to go.. and it was going to be a good one.. The wrestlers crowded by the booking sheet to see what the match order as.. A couple of folks were disappointed that they weren't higher on the list and in a couple of cases, not on the list at all! Dark: Prince Adam vs Darryl Devine Opener: Lee Rivera vs Canadian Dragon 2nd Flemmy Lemming versus Des Davids 3rd Nevada Nuclear vs American Elemental Quarter Main: Helen Wheels vs Cherry Bomb Semi Main: Steve Flash vs Hell Monkey Main: Fallen Angel vs Donnie J vs Jungle Jack v Nathan Coleman (NIW Title) The road agents went around, talking with folks, setting up promos and the like, and soothing bruised egos...

All the wrestlers came out to the ring to applause, before the first match. Thomas Johansson stood outside the ring with a microphone in his hand. "Ladies and gentlement, welcome to the first National Independent Wrestling show. First of all, thank you for coming. Hopefully this will be a day that will live in wrestling fans memories for a long time to come. Just to get everything straight, I am the owner.. but I'm not going to be in the ring, or in the camera view at any time. These guys are the stars.. not me. I can announce however, that while I'm here, I've made a four way elimination match to be the first NIW Independent Wrestling CHampion.. and that's between Jungle Jack, Fallen Angel Cliff Wilson, Nathan Coleman, and Donnie J. Enjoy the card folks.." Wow, the crowd apparently expected a long boring speech.. guess they wanted folks to wrestle.. (C-) Dark Match 1: Darryl Devine defeated Prince Adam in 8:58 by pinfall with a Devine Dream Drop. (C-) Fallen Angel taunted his opponents in a brief interview (D) Opener: Canadian Dragon defeated Lee Rivera in 6:09 by pinfall. (D) 2nd Match: Des Davids defeated Flemmy Lemming in 6:48 by pinfall. (D) 3rd Match: Nevada Nuclear and American Elemental had a nice match going on, Nevada using powerful moves to punish the young American high flyer, and American Elemental fighting back with aerial maneuvers. However, American Elemental's faltal flaw was when a woman came out and stood on the ring apron, and when he went to get her down, Nevada Nuclear grabbed him from behindand hit the NUCLEAR MELTDOWN for the win. (C) The lady introduced herself as "Lady" Persephone.. she said her father had gotten tired of her clubbing at the poshest hotspots in Malibu, Miami and Beverly HIlls, so she came here to manage the bst wrestlers that money can buy.. for example.. Her new wrestler, Nevada Nuclear. Not only is he.. big.. strong.. and tough.. but he'll do everything she says. For example.. If she told him to get a table and put himself through it from the top rope... And yes.. the insane Nuclear did JUST THAT! 4th Match: Helen Wheels dropped out of the announcing booth, and had a good match with Cherry Bomb, eventually defeating her with a Flying Fist Drop at 10:35 (C-) Fallen Angel came to the ring, and started insulting the other wrestlers again. However, someone had enough. The monster, JUNGLE Jack came out.. "You've talked to much. Maybe someone ought to shut your mouth, and that someone's gonna be me! He charged the ring, and the two began to fight wildly, but the lockerroom emptied, and they tried to keep them apart.. (Coach Norman, Des Davids, Whippy The Clown, Champagne Lover, Mean Jean Cattley and Darryl Devine were the "peacemakers") (C-) Semi Main: Hell Monkey defeated Steve Flash in 13:39 by pinfall with a Hell Fire Kick. (C+) Main Event: Jungle Jack defeated Fallen Angel, Donnie J. and Nathan Coleman in 15:40; the order of elimination was Fallen Angel first, then Donnie J., and finally Nathan Coleman. Jungle Jack wins the National Independent Championship title. (C+) After the main event, something strange happened, the Fallen Angel WAFFLED Jungle Jack with a steel chair, and took his belt! He then said.. "A savage like you could NEVER be a respected world champion.. Jack-ass.. The reign of the Fallen Angel begins now! He then went and celebrated in the crowd, but ran the second Jungle Jack started to get up.. Final Rating: C

DAVE's Danger Zone TV is dropped by East Coast Television. Perhaps emboldened by National Independent Wrestling starting up, a new fed opened up in Arizona, called Pro Wrestling MAX. They will wrestle somewhat in the same way that NIW does currently.

2006 has begun, not many awards, due to beginning in December 05. [b]Walking the Royal Road[/b] January 3rd, 2006, From the Kyoto Aren (Att: 2,000, SOLD OUT) It's the Semi Final Round of the RRW title tournament: The "Royal Road Rebel", as he's been called.. Jin "Burning" Takashi will take on Chuichi Sanda and Spyder Yakuta will take on the popular Bairei Yasujiro, but there's a few other matches scheduled. Dark Match [i]Sensational Dragon v VENOM[/i]: Two folks who look to figure in the upcoming Junior Heavyweight Championship Carnival tore things up to start. Sensational Dragon probably will be a big name right from the get go, and he and VENOM tore it up for the arriving crowd. Finally Dragon hit his DRAGON SLICE for the win at 17:54... (B-) The four semifinalists in the All-Japan tournament came out, and one to a corner, led the crowd in the triple BANZAI yell. Opening match [i]Dark Eagle v Namboku Makuda[/i] Dark Eagle has already been announced to be in the Junior Heavyweight Championship Carnival, and while he didn't totally outclass his opponent, there really was only one result possible, and Dark Eagle defeated Namboku Makuda in 13:45 by pinfall with an Eagle Shock. (B, the performance of Eagle was said to have been really good) 2nd match [i] Eagle Kawasaa v Strong Style Yoemon[/i] Yoemon has a pretty good following, as some are calling him the power behind the throne that is Royal Road.Well, he needed to work a bit harder, as he was a step and a half off tonight. Not really a BAD thing, except it kept the match from being as good as it should, and a frustrated Eagle Kawasawa was not entirely happy backstage after making Yoemon submit to a Funk-style spinning toe hold at 16:51 (C+) 3rd match: ALL-JAPAN CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT, SEMIFINAL 1: [i] Chuichi Sanda v Jin "Burning" Takashi [/i] This was a good match, as Jin Takashi seemed to be energized, and he took the first fall in about 9 minutes after a BURNING LARIAT. He looked to be ready to finish it off shortly there after, but Sanda saw the BURNING LARIAT coming again, and hit a Roaring Elbow on the arm of Takashi, and relentlessly worked it over, getting the 2nd fall after a shoulderbreaker at 15:45 The last nine minutes were fast paced and back and forth, but the storyline had been set, Sanda had taken out Takashi's arm, and he couldn't use it for his BURNING LARIAT, not even being able to hook the leg for a three count. Time and time again, Takashi would be close to winning, but Sanda would be able to use his legs to generate enough power to slide out of the pinfall. The finish came after a sequence where Sanda hit a couple Roaring Elbows, and bounced off the rope for a running Roaring Elbow, but Takashi had enough to duck under the Roaring Elbow, lift him as if he was going to backdrop himm and leaped backwards, hitting a Backdrop DRIVER!!!! He crawled over and covered Sanda, hooking one leg on the ropes to make up for his lack of leverage with the arm, and got the three count! (Total time: 23:54, 2-1 Takashi, B-), Jin Takashi is our first All-Japan championship finalist Fourth Match: [i]Hidekazu v Wasiichi Inao[/i] The match was designed to let the crowd fervor build back up after the last match, but the two soon had them going again, putting on a really good technical match that went back and forth, Finally Wasiichi Inao, locked the Fox Kami Hold (A Fujiwara armbar), and defeated Hidekazu at 20:02 (B-) Fifth Match: WOMEN'S STRONGEST TITLE MATCH [i] Saeko Hiroyuki (Challenger) v Thunder Hike (Champion) [/i] Well, Hike seems to be a fighting champion, putting her belt up at every opportunity. First up was midlevel Saeko Hiroyuki, who took advantage early, but Thunder Hike absorbed her early shots, and soon had the advantage, and wouldn't give it up, hitting an Uranage to put out Hiroyuki's lights and got the winn at 9:54 by pinfall. Thunder Hike makes defence number 1 of her Women's Strongest Title title. (B-) Main Event:ALL-JAPAN CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT, SEMIFINAL 2: [i] Bairei Yasujiro v Spyder Yakuta[/i] Jin Takashi was led to a front row seat, his arm in a sling and a giant ice bag on his shoulder, so he could scout whoever his opponent would be in the final of the ALL-JAPAN Championship Tournament. Yakuta had never been this close to a championship before, and he made a few mistakes, but this was a flat out WAR, as both sides were launching bombs that staggered the other man. Yasujiro took the first fall after 12 minutes, hitting a Fisherman's Buster which stunned Yakuta enough to get a three count. He started to exploit his advantage in the 2nd fall, but Yakuta would come back, hitting hard with punches, but eight minutes into the 2nd fall, Bairei locked Yakuta in a sleeper hold, which Yakuta tried valiantly to get out, throwing elbow after elbow, and even using all his spirit to back suplex Yasujiro to get him to release the hold, but Yasujiro immediately relocked it on. Finally, Yakuta crumpled forward, and watching at ringside, Takashi stood and looked Yasujiro right in the eye, and Bairei stared backa s the ref went through the motions of checking the arm, raising it.. it fell. 2nd time.. the same.. 3rd time.. it fell, caught just before it hit the mat.... and then dropped, putting an end to the Spyder's championship dreams in this tournament. (22:47, B-, Bairei Yasujiro 2-0) End of Show Rating: B-

1/4/06, [b]NATIONAL WRESTLING NIGHT[/b] from The Den in Providence, RI, (Attendance: 2,000, SOLD OUT) Dark Match 1: Whippy The Clown defeated Lee Rivera in 8:41 by pinfall with a Joke's On You. (D) Interview: Persephone led her man, Nevada Nuclear out, and tonight they promised to show the world that Steve Flash not only was a has-been, he was a never was, and Persephone made some comment.. "You shouldn't have turned me down, Stevie.. Daddy's Little Girl ALWAYS gets what she wants.." (C-) The "Fallen Angel", Cliff Wilson came out, with the stolen NIW title over his shoulder. He said that last week, he made a horrible mistake, and stole something that belonged to someone else, and tonight, he'd like to give it back.. calling out Jungle Jack.. Jungle Jack stormed to the ring, and took the title from the hands of Wilson. Jack didn't seem too inclined to accept the Fallen Angel's apology.. and decked him.. and the two started brawling.. But the Fallen one had a plan.. he had backup coming, in the form of PRINCE ADAM, FLEMMY LEMMING, and DARK EAGLE!!! The four beat down Jack unmercifully, and when the beatdown was complete, Prince Adam and Dark Eagle stretched out The hurting Jack, and Flemmy Lemming hit a frog splash that left Jack clutching his ribs.. "Tonight Jack.. tonight you faced all four Fallen Angels.. myself.. and my protoges.. later tonight.. you will face one of us, and we will take your title. NIW Will Fall to my Fallen Angels. You can bet on it.." The four new "Fallen Angels" left the ring, chuckling, and Jack had to be helped to the back. First Match: American Elemental and Mean Jean Cattley: This was back and forth, with both sides hitting good moves, but.. they just don't click together. It was rumored that the two were going to have a feud, but I think any plans will soon be scrapped, but like troopers, they finished strong, with American elemental getting the win after locking on his ELEMENTAL FURY Scorpion Deathlock (13:30, C-) 2nd match: Brendan Idol and Des Davids versus Canadian Dragon and Champagne Lover This was a good back and forth match, as NIW's version of NAFTA (The Canadian Dragon, and the Latin Champagne Lover took on a couple of Americans. It showed some good moves, but the end came when Champagne Lover defeated Des Davids by submission with a Champagne Breakfast. (12:57 C-) 3rd Match: Nevada Nuclear v Steve Flash: For a good portion of this match, Flash kept the bigger Nuclear grounded with good technical maneuvers, much to the (VOCAL) displeasure of Persephone on the outside. However, Nuclear would hit a good amount of power moves.. but Flash seemed to have it won when he locked Nuclear into a PROTOTYPE LOCK (STO), but Persephone had had enough. She stepped into the ring, and the ref was trying to force her out... but she confronted Flash, who released the hold, and after ducking a Persephone slap lifted her over his knee and SPANKED her, twice, earning the biggest pop of the evening! (pervert fans ;)).. but while the ref was finally getting a upset Persephone out of the ring, he forgot to get her purse out of the ring, and Nuclear had grabbed it, and WAFFLED Flash with it, putting his lights out, and sliding it out of the ring, and got the three count at 13:14. (C-) After the match, Persephone was upset with Nuclear (that was a Gucci bag he used!).. but he quickly made his way into her good graces again by grabbing a chair and smacking the fallen Flash with it a couple times before hitting Flash with a facebuster on the chair, busting him wide open. Semi-Main: Fallen Angel versus Darryl Devine The Fallen Angel had his stablemates watching the entrance just incase, the angry Jungle Jack would come back, and he soon had other problems, that of the Devine One who was flying at him from every angle. But Wilson was a canny veteran, he took some shortcuts and soon had the advantage, and when Jack appeared, trying to fight his way to the ring, he new his time was running out, as Jack was starting to have the upperhand.. and hit the DESCENT INTO HELL ON Devine for the pinfall win at 13:37. (C-) Wilson then escaped the ring as Jack battled his way into it, and seconds later, we had another match going! MAIN EVENT (NIW National Independent Championship Match) Jungle Jack (Champion) vs Black Eagle Jack was angry, hitting power move after power move on Black Eagle, but he was distracted by the Fallen Angels surrounding the ring, and several times during the match the Dark One took advantage, and at one point it looked like he was going to pin him after a flying splash.. but that just made Jack angry.. the Fallen Angels don't like Jack when he's angry.. and he tore into Black Eagle, finally finishing him with a JACK-HAMMER at 13:50 for the win. (C+) He then told the cursing Fallen Angel at ringside.. "Yeah, yeah, you got me good out there earlier. But you see, I beat you in our first event, so I don't have to face you for a while, if I don't want... but I know you're going to be a pain in my ass till I destroy you. So.. I offer you a deal, Wilson.. at the end of this month, they're holding a big NIW card, called CAGE RAGE. We fight in the cage.. for the title. Deal? The Fallen Angel thought about it for a few seconds.. then nodded.. and left with his group to plot strategy while Jack celebrated in the ring. Final Rating: C

[QUOTE=SirFozzie]Four Groups have signed PPV Deals CGC (Public Access Select) NOTBPW (North America Prime Select) UCR (Euro Your Demand) PGHW (Emperor Choice)[/QUOTE] Which leads to.. "Yeah, I know. they don't have quitethe amount of user base we want, but it's a good choice to at least get NIW out there, and it's only for six months.. yeah.. sign it.. we could use the revenue.. Besides, it doesn't get much bigger then them.. TCW uses them" NIW Signed a 6 month PPV Deal with USA Free Choice (Big)

The Groups for the 2006 RRW Jr Heavyweight Championship Carnival has been announced: 2 Points for a win, 1 Point for a Draw, 0 Points for a Loss or a Double DQ. 20 Minute Time Limits. The Top Two from each group advance to a 8 man tournament final. Group A Dark Eagle Sotatsu Sarumura VENOM Namboku Makuda Group B Eagle Kawasawa Hidekazu Sensational Dragon Magnum Kobe Group C The Great Hisato Mamoru Nagahama Tornado Nagai Wasichi Inao Group D Hirokumi Saito Gonnohyoe Kada Harumi Okazawaya Masaru Ugaki

[b] January 10th, 2006.. WALKING THE ROYAL ROAD[/b] From Nagasaki Sports Park in Kyoshu, Japan (Att 2000, SOLD OUT) Dark Match: Group C Attraction Match: The [i]Great Hisato and Mamoru Nagahama vs Tornado Nagai and Wasichi Inao[/i] The Dark Match featured all four wrestlers from Group C, which won't be on until next week as The Great Hisato and Mamoru Nagahama face off against Tornado Nagai and Wasichi Inao, and it was a good match, which bodes well for when these wrestlers start their group. The lower card wrestlers looked good too, and it stretched them out. The end came at 18:14 when the Great Hisato defeated Tornado Nagai after a MYSTIC DRAGON WAVE (B-) First Match: Group A ROUND 1, MATCH 1 [i]Dark Eagle vs Sotatsu Sarumura [/i] Sotatsu Sarumura hadn't wrestled in two weeks, and he was a half step off, but the 40 year old Dark Eagle did a very good job in covering for him, and the match was very competitive, which the crowd enjoyed, as there was some doubt as to the winner. Dark Eagle defeated Sarumura at 12:36 with a EAGLE STRIKE palm thrust. (B- ranking, 2 Points for Dark Eagle, 0 Points for Sarumura) Second Match: Group A, ROUND 1, MATCH 2 [i]Namboku Makada vs VENOM[/I] With the other two werestlers being near the top of the card, it was believed that VENOM would have to win this match to be able to advance, and he certainly acted like this would be a decider, controlling the match, and dismantling Makuda, finishing him off with his STING IN THE TAIL submission hold at 9:42 (C Ranking, 0 Points for Makuda, 2 points for VENOM) Third Match: Group D Attraction Match [i]Gonnohoye Kada and Hirokumi Saito vs Masaru Ugaki and Harumi Okazawaya[/i] Some folks are calling group D the weakest of the Four Championship Carnival brackets, but the wrestlers are still very good, at least in relationship to each other. This was a very even match, with all four wrestlers going as hard as they could for as long as they could, and the end came where all but Ugaki were starting to get winded, and Ugaki used his UGAKI CLUTCH submission hold on Hirokumi Saito for the win. (C) Fourth Match: Group B, ROUND 1, Match 1 [i]Eagle Kawasawa vs Hidekazu[/i] Hidekazu is a very good wrestler.. he's just faced off against the top wrestlers again and again, and really drew a tough bracket here, as Eagle Kawasawa and Sensational Dragon have to be considered favorites, with Magnum Kobe probably bringing up the rear. Eagle is a high flyer, and hit big move after big move, but missed a flying lariat, and Hidekazu controlled the middle of the match. As the time limit started to come in to play, and folks were thinking they'd see their first draw, but with a minute left in the match, Kawasawa hit a Lariat to stun Hidekazu, and finished him off at 19:35 with a 540 Splash. (B- Rating, 2 points for Kawasawa, 0 points for Hidekazu) Fifth Match: Group B, Round 1, Match 2 [i]Sensational Dragon vs Magnum KOBE[/i] This was exactly as it was expected to be, a showcase for Sensational Dragon, and he basically abused the rookie, who had a couple hope spots, but that was it, and Sensational Dragon finished off KOBE with a DRAGON SLICE at 8:31 (C Rating, 2 points for Dragon, 0 Points for KOBE) Special Main Event Attraction: [i]Bairei Yasujiro and Jin Takashi vs Spider Yakuta and Chuichi Sanda[/i] Yes, it was a special main event, with the two finalists for the heavyweight championship facing the two folks defeated in the semi finals. It was a really good match, with not a lot of repeat from the seperate singles matches, with Yasujiro taking it to his friend Sanda, and Takashi unleashing a BURNING LARIAT on Yakuta. At one point it looked like Yasujiro and Takashi weren't working as a team but they fought through it, and won the match, at 23:38 when Takashi used a TAKASHI DRIVER to defeat Sanda (B- Rating) Championship Carnival Standings [u][b]Group A[/b][/u] Dark Eagle 2 VENOM 2 Namboku Makuda 0 Sotatsu Sarumura 0 [u][b]Group B[/b][/u] Eagle Kawasawa 2 Sensational Dragon 2 Magnum KOBE 0 Hidekazu 0 [b][u]Group C[/b][/u] The Great Hisato 0 Mamoru Nagahama 0 Tornado Nagai 0 Wasichi Inao 0 [u][b]Group D[/u][/b] Hirokumi Saito 0 Gonnohyoe Kada 0 Harumi Okazawaya 0 Masaru Ugaki 0 C+ Rating in total

January 11th, 2006 [b]National Independent Wrestling Presents National Wrestling Night[/b] From The West Texas Coliseum, Attendance 2000 (Sold Out) Dark Match: [i]Helen Wheels vs Cherry Bomb[/i] These two just don't like each other very much, and this was a rematch from a match that Helen won two weeks ago on the initial NIW show. This time however, Cherry Bomb had the added impetus of getting her win back from Helen and she managed a somewhat cheap win, hotshotting Helen on the top rope and then hitting the CHERRY POPPER for the win at 8:32. It was announced that the two would have a match at CAGE RAGE to settle the score between the two of them, and the NIW Women's Title will be handed to the winner. (C) Angle: Persephone is hanging all over Mean Jean Cattley with no sign of Nevadea Nuclear.. they talk for a few minutes where the camera can't hear them, but then she takes Mean Jean's hand and leads him into a lockerroom and shuts the door.. what does Daddy's Little Girl want with the arrogant Cattley? (B-) Rookie Dark Match [i]Marat Kholov and Nomad vs Brendan Idol and Danny Patterson[/i] This was more of an attempt to get the powerful Kholov and Patterson some ring time, and attempt to broaden their skills, they are both long term projects, mind you. Nomad and Idol had to wrestle for four, and that was just NOT gonna happen, folks.. Khoklov defeated Patterson at 5:28 with a MOSCOW LARIAT, and fans were just glad it was over. So was Kholov, he broke a rib on a botched spot early in the match, but will attempt to work through it. (E) First Match: [i]American Elemental vs Whippy the Clown[/i] Well, Elementral is fresh off a win over Cattley last week, and he's facing Whippy the Clown, who despite his pre match antics can wrestle.. normally. Again, Elemental had to kind of lead Whippy through the match, and there was one bad spot, but they recovered, and Elemental took the win at 9:46 after a swinging neckbreaker. (C-) Angle: Steve Flash came in, still bandaged up from last week's beat down from Nevada Nuclear. That was alright he said. Tonight he'd get his revenge, because him and Nuclear were going one on one and if Persephone stuck her nose in, she'd get a double taste of what her daddy shoulda given her a long time ago. Second Match: [i]Des Davids vs Dark Eagle[/i] None of the other Fallen Angels were at ringside, leading to rumors that they were upset with the fact that Dark Eagle couldn't take the title away from Jungle Jack last week.. but it didn't matter, Dark Eagle took apart the young blue-chipper Davids, and finished him off after a NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE at 10:40 (C-) Angle: They threw up a graphic that said that Jungle Jack had a special announcement regarding the CAGE RAGE main event, and he'd bring it tonight.. (C-) Third Match: [i]Nevada Nuclear vs Steve Flash [/i] A rematch from last week, Flash was an angry man, and took the attack to Nuclear from the get go, which in a way, played right into the strange Nuclear's game plan.. he doesn't MIND getting hit, so long as he gets to hit back. Flash had it won again after grounding Nuclear with a dropkick to the knee, but when Persephone started to get up on the apron, he saw her coming and attempted to pull her INTO the ring. While the ref was trying to deal with an irate Persephone, Mean Jean Cattley slid into the ring, and hit a CATTATONIC Scorpion Death Drop.. Nuclear followed up with a NUCLEAR MELTDOWN at 13:09 and that was that.. again Flash had been denied.. (C-) Semi-Main: [i]Champagne Dragon (Champagne Lover and Canadaian Dragon) vs Darryl Devine and Donnie J[/i] This was a good match, and while Devine and Donnie J were the easy favorites, the mismatched team of Dragon and Champagne Lover more then held their own, but sadly, the upset wasn't on the cards, and Donnie J hit the DEATH ON MIAMI BEACH on Champagne Lover for the three count at 9:46 Angle: Jungle Jack Announced that he had signed the deal to face Cliff "Fallen Angel" Wilson at Cage Rage, and it was going to be simple.. that it didn't take anything to leave a cage, but it took a damn lot to defeat a man inside it, so it was going to be a NO ESCAPE Cage Match, the only way to win was to pin or submit your opponent. (c-) Main Event: #1 Contenders Match: [i]Hell Monkey vs Nathan Coleman[/i] The winner of this match would be declared the #1 contender, and face the winner of the CAGE RAGE Main event somewhere down the road. THis one.. was really good. Both Coleman and Hell Monkey wanted it bad, and their wildly divergent styles made for a REALLY good match, with high flying and high impact maneuvers contrasting with technucal wear down maneuvers and submission holds. Both men were still performing at a high level, but just couldn't pull out that one move to win, and to everyone's dismay, the bell rang, signifying the two had gone to a THIRTY MINUTE TIME LIMIT DRAW. After the match it was announced that the two would meet again at CAGE RAGE in a NO TIME LIMIT match to determine the #1 contender. (C+) (C Rating for Show) CAGE RAGE MATCHES SIGNED: NIW WORLD TITLE "NO ESCAPE Cage Match": Jungle Jack vs "Fallen Angel" Cliff Wilson NIW #1 Contender Re-Match: Hell Monkey vs Nathan Coleman NIW Women's Title: Helen Wheels vs Cherry Bomb Persephone locked in a cage at ringside: Steve Flash and ??? vs Nevada Nuclear and Mean Jean Cattley

[b]January 17th, 2006, WALKING THE ROYAL ROAD[/b], Live from Sapporo Sports Park in Hokkaido Japan (Att: 3,947) Dark Match: [i] Hidekazu vs Namboku Makada[/i] Hidekazu had been on a losing streak entering this match, and he promised that he would leave it all out in the ring tonight, and he did just that. Makada had a good amount of offense, but Hidekazu wrestled like a man posssessed, he had promised that he would not lose, and he didn't, picking up the win after a running powerslam at 17:41 (C+ Rating) 1st Match: Group C, Match 1: [i]The Great Hisato vs Mamoru Nagahama[/i] The Great Hisato is pretty much the favorite in this group, and he looked it against the overmatched Nagahama, toying with him for several minutes. Nagahama never gave up and nearly had the win with a Funk-style stump piledriver, but the Great Hisato finally kicked it into another gear, which Nagahama couldn't match, and finished Nagahama off with a MYSTIC DRAGON WAVE at 12:56. (C+ Rating, 2 pts for The Great Hisato, 0 for Nagahama) 2nd Match: Group C, Match 2: [i] Wasichi Inao vs Tornado Nagai[/i] We had our first real upset of the tournament, as Inao was favored to advance from the group, however, Tornado Nagai kept throwing suplex after suplex, and kept the Fox Spirit off his feet. He ended up getting the win at 11:36 with a STF variant via submission. After the match, Inao kicked the ropes a couple times, he knows his tournament hopes are on a very thin edge right now. (C+ rating, 2 Pts for Nagai, 0 for Inao) 3rd Match: Three Way Match [i] Sensational Dragon vs Eagle Kawasawa vs Magnum Kobe [/i] With Group A's fourth wrestler Hidekazu wrestling in the prelims, the other three wrestlers put on a show. Most of the match was whoever in the ring with KOBE dominating the youngster, and KOBE ate a LOT of offense, but near the end he seemed to have it one, hitting a Diamond Dust on Kawasawa, but Sensational Dragon kicked KOBE in the back of the head to stun him, dragged Kawasawa over to his corner, tagged himself in and hit a DRAGON SLICE on the stunned KOBE at 20:53 for the win. (C+ Rating) 4th Match: Group D, Match 1 [i]Hirokumi Saito vs Gonnohyoe Kada[/i]. Saito can't go as well as he would like, and he was winded in a nine minute match, but apparently, it's quality not quantity as he picked up the win via submission at 8:59 (C- rating, 2 Points Saito, 0 Points Kada) 5th match: Group D, Match 2 [i]Harumi Okazawaya v Masaru Ugaki [/i] This was a much anticipated match up, and it was very even. So even, in fact that neither man could even score a two count in the first 15 minutes. They tried a sprint last five minutes, but neither side could get the three count, and while both sides get a point, you get the feeling that they'll look at it as a point lost, not gained. (Result: Twenty Minute Time Limit Draw) (C+ Rating, 1 point for each) 6th match: Women's Strongest Title Match [i]Thunder Hike (Champion) vs Lioness Mushashibo (Challenger)[/i] Again, the popular Thunder is willing to take on all challengers to her belt, and she may be the best WRESTLER we have so far as she and the Lioness put on the match of the night so far, being no less brutal or skilled as the men. The crowd was into the last few minutes, applauding at every near fall, but Thunder Hike used her top rope THUNDER BOMB powerbomb for the win at 12:46. Thunder Hike makes defence number 2 of her Women's Strongest Title title. (B- Rating) Main Event: Bairei Yasujiro vs Strong Style Yoemon Jin Takeshi was at ringside for this one, the plan apparently was to let each man have a week off in the runup to BUSHIDO Warriors, the RRW's first PPV. Yoemon and Bairei led the triple BANZAI chant before the amtch, and then had a good match, just as good as the women's match before it. Takeshi was taking notes at ring side and nodded approvingly at several points. Yasujiro was the winner of this match at 17:41 after a gutwrench Powerbomb. (B-) [u][b]Group A[/b][/u] Dark Eagle 2 VENOM 2 Namboku Makuda 0 Sotatsu Sarumura 0 [u][b]Group B[/b][/u] Eagle Kawasawa 2 Sensational Dragon 2 Magnum KOBE 0 Hidekazu 0 [b][u]Group C[/b][/u] The Great Hisato 2 Tornado Nagai 2 Mamoru Nagahama 0 Wasichi Inao 0 [u][b]Group D[/u][/b] Hirokumi Saito 2 Harumi Okazawaya 1 Masaru Ugaki 1 Gonnohyoe Kada 0 B- Card Rating Currently, the line up for BUSHIDO Warriors: All-Japan Championship Finals: Bairei Yasujiro vs "The Royal Road Rebel" Jin Takeshi Women's Strongest Four Way Elimination Match: Thunder Hike (C) vs Saeko Hiroyuki vs Kit Hatoyama vs Lioness Mushashibo ALL Eight Second Round Junior Heavyweight Championship Carnival matches.

[b]National Wrestling Night[/b] From the War Memorial, Mid West (Only results with some fleshing out, as my first attempt to write this was lost to a power failure) Dark Match: Danny Patterson defeated Nomad in 8:26 by pinfall. (F, they didn't click, and Patterson was exhausted) Dark Match: Cherry Bomb defeated Tracy Brendon in 7:57 by pinfall with a Cherry Popper. Tag Team Championship Qualifier: American Elemental and Des Davids defeated Prince Adam and Flemmy Lemming in 14:37 when American Elemental defeated Prince Adam by submission. (C-) Revenge Match:Steve Flash defeated Mean Jean Cattley in 11:55 by pinfall with a Flash Bang. (C) After the match, Nevada Nuclear attacked Steve Flash, and the two contiunued to beat down the popular veteran, much to the delight of Persephone, when DONNIE J made the save.. Much to Persephone's shrill complaints, Steve Flash announced that Donnie J would be his partner at Cage Rage, and maybe when they had beaten down her men, that they would paddle Persephone's butt till it glowed.. (the young male crowd loved the idea, Persephone, who was holding her bottom just thinking about it, was less then enthused..) Tag-Team Title Qualifier: Canadian Dragon and Champagne Lover defeated Brendan Idol and Lee Rivera in 13:35 when Champagne Lover defeated Lee Rivera by submission with a Champagne Breakfast. (C-) Nathan Coleman defeated Black Eagle in 13:37 by pinfall. (C) Hell Monkey defeated Jungle Jack after the Fallen Angel Cliff Wilson distracted Jungle Jack, allowing Hell Monkey to hit the HELL FIRE KICK at 16:35. A VERY upset Jack ran off both Hell Monkey and Wilson, chasing them to the back (C+) Rating: C

Contest: Time for a Picks contest. Person with the most right picks gets to choose a push for a member of NIW, or get NIW to sign a free agent out there. NIW WORLD TITLE "NO ESCAPE Cage Match": Jungle Jack vs "Fallen Angel" Cliff Wilson NIW #1 Contender Re-Match: Hell Monkey vs Nathan Coleman NIW Women's Title: Helen Wheels vs Cherry Bomb Persephone locked in a cage at ringside: Steve Flash and Donnie J vs Nevada Nuclear and Mean Jean Cattley NIW World Tag Team Title: American Made (American Elemental and Des Davids) vs The Knights of North America (Champagne Lover and Canadian Dragon Post picks in this thread.

Archived