[RELEASE] JAN.1999: "The Fingerpoke of Hope" v.1.0

5fcycRy

This is an update for TEW 2016 of the the January 1999 Mod made by Genadi for TEW2010. I have used info from this mods and authors all credits to them:

-The Art of War by Genadi

-End of a Millenium by The_crippler_2004

-Shifting sands by Mammoth

Asaemon's Broadcaster Database

nGo generation Picture Pack by Justtxyank

-WWF, WCW, ECW are full updated, all other companies needs some work (pictures), but still playable.

LINKS:

DATA: (temporarily removed)

PICS: (temporarily removed)

<p>i never got a request</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="hammerglenn" data-cite="hammerglenn" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47186" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Did you ask and receive permission from these mod makers to use their work for this mod?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> i never got a request for permission....</p>

I don't planning take credit for this MOD even my name is not in the DATA. Basically is 90% the Genadi MOD for TEW 2010. Is the data that I used for a game played which I converted to TEW 16 and I am sharing here. Is completed with some data from other mods because of missing upgrades between TEW 10 and TEW 16.

Hi, this thread just came to my attention just now. I'm going to lock it for a bit and remove the links (at least temporarily) while I investigate things and make a decision.

No need to make things hostile or anything here, please keep things friendly in future no matter the end result. It's always appreciated to see mod makers put in time and work to put things together so let's all appreciate any efforts invested. :)

The original post here has been replaced due to me not being able to read things in my New Year's induced haziness. :p

I've talked to Genadi and hammerglen about the issues here, and upon clearing up my own misunderstanding there isn't permission to use Genadi's work as a base for this mod due to it already being used in another mod-in-progress. Due to the conflict of interest there the mod can't be posted here. It can be kept for personal use but using another modder's data as a base without permission won't be allowed for published mods on GDS.

For future reference, HERE are the forum rules that cover how to handle situations like this from all involved. I am aware that asking for permission might have been particularly hard in this case due to the mod being based on work by a forum user who was not around/available at the time of it likely being started and it's a lot to assume that anyone can know of everything happening on the forums when situations like that change. I'd also point out that there is a report post button on every post, so everyone can use that to draw attention to situations like this so that mods like myself can handle it.

Thanks to everyone for helping to keep things on the straight and narrow and for taking the time to clear up my own misunderstandings. :)

johnal881, please get in touch via PM if there is anything you want to talk about and don't feel discouraged. The only reason permission wasn't given was because the exact same mod/data has already been given permission to be used elsewhere too for something almost identical. Must be a good idea if more than one person has had it, right? :)

EDIT: I'm also going to remove a few posts just to keep the thread on the topic of the mod itself, but I do need to lock the thread again since the mod won't be able to be released.