Southern Pro Wrestling- An Effganic Dynasty

SPW World Title Match- Daniel Loiselle © vs. Friedrich Herzog

Herzog is someone who I could see taking the belt of from Loiselle, especially with help of his stable mates but I still go with champ retaining here.

Number 1 Contenders Match- Joe Boone vs. El Espiritu

Since I have Loiselle keeping the belt over Herzog, I do pick heel here as next challenger. If memory serves, Loiselle vs. El Espiritu is pretty much as good match as you could get early on with this mod so why not go with it?

Mike Lewis vs. Leroy Disco

Oops, completely missed the fact that Lewis interfered on Night Fevers last tag match. I could see this one going either way as Lewis could use few more wins but I go with Disco getting a win via interference from Cool since Lewis got the match against Cool and could likely get wins over other lower card guys who aren´t in storylines right now in order to help his win-loss record a bit.

Saita Kuroki & Beau Joslin vs. Levi Andrews & Nathan Hayes

Kuroki and Andrews are pretty much equal footing in my papers so their team mates are the deciding factor and while I don´t have much info about either just yet, Hayes being allied to Andrews and Herzog instantly made him guy to watch for me as I figure that you wouldn´t have done that without planning on pushing him at least a bit.

John Baratheon vs. Sir Anthony Henry

Henry picks up some momentum here.

Dustin David vs. Perry Bryant

I have my eyes on David after some decent in-ring performances while Bryant haven´t yet done anything that would separate him from other lower card guys.

Roland Pascual vs. Austyn Taylor

Taylor have gotten two wins in last two shows so wonder if he is receiving a bit of a push right now. Pascual is more of a tag guy right now so he could afford singles loss without losing much steam.

Dragon Lee vs. Danny Cool

I do see Lee as number one guy on his team while Cool looks so far like number 2 on he´s team so picking Lee over Cool here based on the idea that perhaps their team mates will clash in near future to tie the score.

6 out of 8- not bad at all, I'm enjoying reading the reasons you are giving for the predictions you make as it's giving me a really good perspective on whether what I am booking is at the right level of predictability- I believe that most good booking is relatively predictable to longer-term fans because it means it makes sense, the trick is to throw in the odd curveball here and there to keep people on their toes!

Loiselle

El Espiritu

Disco

Andrews and Hayes

Henry

Bryant

Taylor

Lee

5 out of 8- decent score, and thanks for the predictions. On your previous point about the newgens, I am about 5 years ahead of this thread on the actual save, and so far I'm finding the newgens to be okay- though obviously they are all still quite early in their careers and so not many of them have reached a peak as yet.

1921 Event Schedule

Below is the event schedule for 1921:

1st January 1921 - Jackson, MS - SPW Pro Wrestling 11

3rd February 1921 - Beaumont, TX - SPW Pro Wrestling 12

28th February 1921 - Jackson, MS - SPW Anniversary Show

7th March 1921 - Jackson, MS - SPW Pro Wrestling 13

5th April 1921 - Jackson, MS - SPW Pro Wrestling 14

3rd May 1921 - Jackson, MS - SPW Pro Wrestling 15

7th June 1921 - Jackson, MS - SPW Pro Wrestling 16

4th July 1921 - Jackson, MS - SPW 4th of July Show

6th July 1921 - Beaumont, TX - SPW Pro Wrestling 17

4th August 1921 - Jackson, MS - SPW Pro Wrestling 18

2nd September 1921 - Jackson, MS - SPW Pro Wrestling 19

7th October 1921 - Beaumont, TX - SPW Pro Wrestling 20

21st October 1921 - Jackson, MS - SPW Octoberfest

5th November 1921 - Jackson, MS - SPW Pro Wrestling 21

3rd December 1921 - Beaumont, TX - SPW Pro Wrestling 22

26th December 1921 - Jackson, MS - SPW Festive Fury 1921

<p>SPW Pro Wrestling 11 Preview</p><p> </p><p>

Here is the press release for SPW Pro Wrestling 11:</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><em>It's a new year, and for a new year comes another new innovation as Southern Pro Wrestling present the first ever 10-man tag team match!</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Last month Daniel Loiselle made his 7th defence of the SPW World Title against Friedrich Herzog. Before that match, Herzog's colleagues in The Alliance looked to aide Herzog in his quest for the gold, but they were neutralised by the presence of Saita Kuroki and Beau Joslin.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

In the meantime, El Espiritu had secured himself the position of number 1 contender having overcome Joe Boone in an earlier bout and engaged in a tense stare down with the Champion at the end of the Festive Fury show. Now The Alliance members are coming together with El Espiritu and Sir Anthony Henry to face Daniel Loiselle, Joe Boone, Saita Kuroki, Beau Joslin and Mike Lewis in a gigantic 5 on 5 collision!</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Two teams that have been fighting it out over the past couple of months are Night Fever and Young Guns and this month they continue their battle in a double header of matches. Leroy Disco will be up against Dragon Lee while Danny Cool will face Roland Pascual. With both teams looking to make their way up the tag team ranks these two matches could be very important for their future aspirations.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

At Festive Fury in December, the match between Perry Bryant and Dustin David ended when Bryant got so frustrated at his opponent out wrestling him, that he ended up getting himself disqualified when he kicked David low right in front of the referee. David may have got the victory, but he didn't look like a winner in the aftermath and so he has requested a rematch with Bryant, this time with the stipulation that there will be no disqualifications and rather than suspend Bryant for his actions, SPW management have decided to accept David's request and booked the match at SPW Pro Wrestling 11.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

A fifth bout will be taking place at the show featuring Austyn Taylor against John Baratheon. Taylor has now managed 3 victories in a row and he'll be looking to keep that run going here. For his part, Baratheon is still looking for his first victory in Southern Pro Wrestling, but will be no pushover.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

It's going to be a great way to kick off the new year as the stars of Southern Pro Wrestling take to the ring for a night of bodyslamming grapple action!</em></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Full Card:</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Daniel Loiselle, Joe Boone, Saita Kuroki, Beau Joslin & Mike Lewis vs. El Espiritu, Friedrich Herzog, Levi Andrews, Nathan Hayes & Sir Anthony Henry</p><p>

Dragon Lee vs. Leroy Disco</p><p>

Dustin David vs. Perry Bryant</p><p>

John Baratheon vs. Austyn Taylor</p><p>

Roland Pascual vs. Danny Cool</p>

<p>Daniel Loiselle, Joe Boone, Saita Kuroki, Beau Joslin & Mike Lewis vs.<strong> El Espiritu, Friedrich Herzog, Levi Andrews, Nathan Hayes & Sir Anthony Henry</strong></p><p>

<em>Picking heels here for two reasons 1) champ is face and next challenger is in this match so challenger picks a win over champ here and 2) with all 7 starting guys in here , I go with the side which have more of them since I doubt any of the other guys would be on their level yet.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Dragon Lee vs. <strong>Leroy Disco</strong></p><p>

<em>These two tag team matches are likely to go 1-1 the question is which team will win were? I go with Disco over Lee mostly because I rate Cool as least out form these four although it is a close call on both matches and could see them going either way.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Dustin David</strong> vs. Perry Bryant</p><p>

<em>Thinking this is here to push David and to give him another win. I could also see Bryant winning if this is actual feud instead of a one shot rematch but right now my money is on one shot thing.</em></p><p> </p><p>

John Baratheon vs. <strong>Austyn Taylor</strong></p><p>

<em>Picking the guy here who seem to be getting bit of a push</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Roland Pascual</strong> vs. Danny Cool</p><p>

<em>With me picking Disco over Lee, I go with Pascual on this one</em></p>

SPW Pro Wrestling 11

Southern Pro Wrestling 11

2epe58T.jpg

5th January 1921. Jackson, MS.

Attendance: 362

Match 1: Danny Cool vs. Roland Pascual

AkyeJir.jpg vs. F0SO0Oy.jpg

In a bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Roland Pascual defeated Danny Cool in 8:29 by pinfall with a Face-Plant.

Rating: 16

Match 2: Austyn Taylor vs. John Baratheon

1O264UX.jpg vs. B1QqHys.jpg

In a bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Austyn Taylor defeated John Baratheon in 7:27 by pinfall with a Top Rope Headbutt.

Rating: 22

Match 3: No Disqualification Match- Dustin David vs. Perry Bryant

xmDEPG9.jpg vs. b3eCW1P.jpg

In a bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Dustin David drew with Perry Bryant in 11:12 when the match descended into chaos and they brawled all the way to the back effectively ending the match in a no-contest.

Rating: 23

Match 4: Dragon Lee vs. Leroy Disco

9TS3Mud.jpg vs. kAlHp55.jpg

In a bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Leroy Disco defeated Dragon Lee in 13:24 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics.

Rating: 21

Match 5: Levi Andrews, Friedrich Herzog, Nathan Hayes, El Espiritu & Sir Anthony Henry vs. Daniel Loiselle, Joe Boone, Saita Kuroki, Beau Joslin & Mike Lewis

jee5VHL.jpg6RNouzl.jpglj2pNRH.jpgMZGEcR1.jpgdX61G2L.jpg vs. DIrVef3.jpg0GMbMmW.jpgsMHj4ZP.jpgxdkaygP.jpgif10UOT.jpg

In a poor match, El Espíritu, Friedrich Herzog, Levi Andrews, Nathan Hayes and Sir Anthony Henry defeated Daniel Loiselle, Beau Joslin, Joe Boone, Saita Kuroki and Mike Lewis in 23:06 when Sir Anthony Henry defeated Mike Lewis by pinfall.

Rating: 39

Overall Show Rating: 33

January 1921 Aftermath & News

Aftermath

"Ten men in the ring for one match? It'll never work!" those were the words of Frank Norris a couple of weeks prior to the show after Jay Lutter had suggested that rather than do a 6-man tag, involving just the 6 men directly involved in the finish of the main event of Festive Fury, they expand it to include El Espiritu, Joe Boone, Sir Anthony Henry and Mike Lewis. Norris had been outvoted when Don Loomis decided he liked he idea and the match was set.

Minutes after the show Norris had certainly changed his tune when talking to the talent "I said, you know, 'you put 10 guys in one match, the place will be rocking!'"

Don Loomis took Saita Kuroki to one side and promised they would discuss a new contract later in the week- Kuroki's deal was expiring as he'd only committed to a year when the promotion was set up initially. There had been a brief conversation in the booking meeting about whether to extend Kuroki's deal- Norris, who had built up a good friendship with Kuroki, was adamant that he must be given a new deal, actually on this point Lutter had agreed, but Loomis was unconvinced. Kuroki's performances had in the main been disappointing, he was popular enough but any time a match went over 10 minutes Kuroki was exhausted and that was fine during tag matches, but in singles competition was very limiting.

News

Following the deal with Kuroki being done, a brief press release was put out by Southern Pro Wrestling:

"SPW is very proud to announce that it has come to agreement with Saita Kuroki on a new 1 year deal that will see the popular Japanese Sumo Wrestling legend continue to compete against the greatest fighters in the world. Kuroki is a grand Sumo Yokozuna and one of the top ranking competitors in Southern Pro Wrestling".

Don Loomis was busy in January, not only extending Kuroki's deal, but also signing three new wrestlers to the promotion.

He was bringing Rollan Bartlett and Aubrey Turcotte in as a tag team- both were actually from Canada but Loomis wanted to bring in a masked Mexican duo and saw the pair as ideal for the role, and so Chico de Oro (Bartlett) and La Oscuridad (Turcotte) were born as the tag team 'Escuadron'.

zWG0y1A.jpguKbM6t2.jpg

Donald Ambriz was a tough looking guy from South Carolina who Loomis envisioned as a no-nonsense customer who was all business. Loomis however wasn't a fan of the name Donald (he had actually been christened Donald, and had changed it to Don the minute he was old enough to do so) and so Donald Ambriz became Anderson Ambriz.

woi6tgy.jpg

Team Espiritu

Disco

David

Taylor

Pascual

Daniel Loiselle, Joe Boone, Saita Kuroki, Beau Joslin & Mike Lewis vs. El Espiritu, Friedrich Herzog, Levi Andrews, Nathan Hayes & Sir Anthony Henry

Picking heels here for two reasons 1) champ is face and next challenger is in this match so challenger picks a win over champ here and 2) with all 7 starting guys in here , I go with the side which have more of them since I doubt any of the other guys would be on their level yet.

Dragon Lee vs. Leroy Disco

These two tag team matches are likely to go 1-1 the question is which team will win were? I go with Disco over Lee mostly because I rate Cool as least out form these four although it is a close call on both matches and could see them going either way.

Thinking this is here to push David and to give him another win. I could also see Bryant winning if this is actual feud instead of a one shot rematch but right now my money is on one shot thing.

John Baratheon vs. Austyn Taylor

Picking the guy here who seem to be getting bit of a push

Roland Pascual vs. Danny Cool

With me picking Disco over Lee, I go with Pascual on this one

Okay, both you guys got 4 out of 5 and to be honest, I kind of cheated you both out of a full house here because of the no-contest in a no-disqualification match between Dustin David and Perry Bryant.

I actually booked this show on the game back in February, and looking back now, I'm not sure what I was thinking at the time!

SPW Pro Wrestling 12 Preview

Here is the press release for SPW Pro Wrestling 12:

Southern Pro Wrestling returns to Beaumont, Texas with an amazing card of action featuring the best fighters in the world!

In the night's main event, Saita Kuroki and Beau Joslin get a shot at The Alliance's SPW Tag Team Championship in what promises to be an almighty collision. Back in December, Kuroki and Joslin defeated The Alliance pair of Levi Andrews and Nathan Hayes and from that victory SPW management felt it only right to give them a crack at Andrews and tag title partner, Friedrich Herzog. In addition to the high professional stakes on the line in the match, there is a tremendous personal importance as Kuroki has been embroiled in combat with The Alliance pair all year. Can Kuroki and Joslin heap more misery on The Alliance, or will they recover from recent set backs to hold on to the tag titles? Find out at SPW Pro Wrestling 12!

The show will also see Young Guns and Night Fever face each other once more as the two teams look to finally settle their differences . The bad blood between the two teams goes all the way back to October and the tag team title tournament where Young Guns overcame their rivals in the Semi-Final. They met once again the last time SPW were in Beaumont where Young Guns once again prevailed. Now Night Fever are looking to get that elusive win, but Young Guns will be as up for this as much as any contest.

Last month Joe Boone and Nathan Hayes were on separate sides of a huge 10-man tag team war, this month they face one another in singles competition with both men looking to move their career forward. Joe Boone is on the back foot after losing to El Espiritu in a number 1 contender's match at Festive Fury so a win here is critical for his chances of a future title shot. Nathan Hayes' last singles match meanwhile, was for the title where he was soundly beaten. Now both men are eager to put themselves back in the title picture.

Speaking of the World Championship, later this month, SPW's First Anniversary Show will play host to the big face off between Champion, Daniel Loiselle, and challenger El Espiritu. At SPW Pro Wrestling 12 the two men will be appearing to sign the contract in public for the bout. Thus far negotiations for the match have been complex, with El Espiritu eager to remove or extend the normal time limits for a World Title bout, while Daniel Loiselle is keen to ensure there will be no outside interference- these final points are likely to be up for discussion when the two men stand in the ring opposite one another and sign the contact for the big match.

In addition to all of the above, there are 2 other matches for you to look forward to at the show. Firstly Austyn Taylor continued his excellent run of wins in January with victory over John Baratheon. When SPW visits Beaumont, Texas this month Austyn Taylor will face Dustin David. David was the last man to beat Taylor when they met back in September so Taylor undoubtedly faces a stern test to keep his run going in this one.

Also, there will be 3 debutants involved as John Baratheon teams with the rookie, Anderson Ambriz, as they face new tag team Escuadron, made up of Chico de Oro and La Oscuridad. Beaumont, Texas will be getting an exclusive look at these young talents as they take their first steps in the world of professional wrestling.

All this and more as Southern Pro Wrestling hits Beaumont, Texas once again- tickets are on sale now, so get yours today!

Full Card

SPW Tag Team Title Match- The Alliance vs. Saita Kuroki & Beau Joslin

Joe Boone vs. Nathan Hayes

Night Fever vs. Young Guns

Austyn Taylor vs. Dustin David

Escuadron vs. John Baratheon & Anderson Ambriz

Too early for the Alliance to lose the belts yet.

Don´t see Hayes beating Boone, not quite yet anyway.

These two teams will likely clash a lot during the years (assuming all four will stay of course) so giving win to Night Fever here as losing the third time on the row would make them look like a lesser team compered to Young Guns.

This is an interesting one since both have looked to receive bit of a push lately. Taylor´s push has been more consistent in terms of wins though so I go with him. Perhaps Perry Bryant will interfere here to give David an excuse to lose here while continuing the likely feud between him and David?.

Named team over random pairing.

Daniel Loiselle, Joe Boone, Saita Kuroki, Beau Joslin & Mike Lewis vs. El Espiritu, Friedrich

Herzog, Levi Andrews, Nathan Hayes & Sir Anthony Henry

SPW Pro Wrestling 12

SPW Pro Wrestling 12

2epe58T.jpg

3rd February 1921. Beaumont, TX

Attendance: 145

Match 1: Escuadron vs. John Baratheon & Anderson Ambriz

zWG0y1A.jpguKbM6t2.jpg vs. B1QqHys.jpgwoi6tgy.jpg

In a bout that had terrible wrestling and non-existent crowd heat, Escuadron defeated John Baratheon and Anderson Ambriz in 7:32 when Chico de Oro defeated Anderson Ambriz by pinfall with a handful of tights.

Rating: 28

Match 2: Austyn Taylor vs. Dustin David

1O264UX.jpg vs. xmDEPG9.jpg

In a terrible match, Austyn Taylor defeated Dustin David in 9:37 by pinfall with a Top Rope Headbutt following interference from Perry Bryant.

b3eCW1P.jpg

Rating: 24

if10UOT.jpg

Mike Lewis came to the ring next and said that he was ashamed of the fact that he had let his team mates down by being pinned at last month's show. In order to atone for that loss, he challenged Sir Anthony Henry to a match later that night.

dX61G2L.jpg

Henry then came out and said that Lewis is a nothing and there is no incentive for him to take the match so he refused.

Rating: 27

Match 3: Young Guns vs. Night Fever

9TS3Mud.jpgF0SO0Oy.jpg vs. kAlHp55.jpgAkyeJir.jpg

In a terrible match, Young Guns defeated Night Fever in 15:53 when Dragon Lee defeated Danny Cool by pinfall with a Face Crusher.

Rating: 22

Match 4: Joe Boone vs. Nathan Hayes

0GMbMmW.jpg vs. lj2pNRH.jpg

In a poor match, Joe Boone defeated Nathan Hayes in 13:08 by pinfall.

Rating: 32

4lD9Ews.jpg

Next up, the signing for the World Title match between Daniel Loiselle and El Espiritu took place. Don Loomis hosted the signing and announced that both competitors had agreed that if anybody interfered on their behalf, they would instantly forfeit the match. They had also agreed that the match would have no time limit, to avoid a draw. Don Loomis then invited both men to make a brief statement.

DIrVef3.jpg

Daniel Loiselle said: "at The 1st Anniversary show it will mark 1 year since I won this title, but one thing has been eating away at me- that I haven't been able to beat you. When we fight in 3 weeks time, I HAVE to beat you". Loiselle then signed the contract.

MZGEcR1.jpg

When offered his chance to speak, El Espiritu signalled his focus by declining the microphone, signing the contract, and then simply walking away.

Rating: 12

Match 5: SPW Tag Title Match- The Alliance © vs. Saita Kuroki & Beau Joslin

6RNouzl.jpgjee5VHL.jpg vs. sMHj4ZP.jpgxdkaygP.jpg

In a bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, The Alliance defeated Saita Kuroki and Beau Joslin in 13:32 when Friedrich Herzog defeated Beau Joslin by pinfall. The Alliance make defence number 2 of their SPW Tag Team titles.

Rating: 27

Overall Show Rating: 28

SPW Pro Wrestling 12 Aftermath

Aftermath

Given that they had sold about the same amount of tickets as they had for their first jaunt to Beaumont in December, the signs were looking good that they had established a nice little fan base in the city. The crowd's reaction when they announced at the end of the show, that their next event in the building would be in July also suggested that the fans were eager for more as it was greeted by boos due to the long wait.

There were mixed feelings in the management team meeting later that evening. Jay Lutter was disappointed with the way the big match signing had gone. He had made the character decision to never have El Espiritu talk but Daniel Loiselle wasn't the best speaker either and so what should have been a major happening on the road to the main event of the Anniversary Show had actually fallen pretty flat with the live crowd (though in truth, the main purpose of the exercise was to give the papers the excuse to talk about it the next day providing them with some free publicity for the Anniversary Show back in Jackson).

There was also disappointment on the part of Don Loomis about the lack of progress being made by the Young Guns tag team. Their match with Night Fever was the worst of the night, despite the 2 teams being relatively familiar with one another by now. On top of that, the stand out performer in the bout had actually been Leroy Disco. They were happy however with Nathan Hayes' contribution in his match with Joe Boone, and pleased to see Beau Joslin holding his own in the main event matches he'd been in recently.

The major bright spot however, was the surprisingly good quality of the opener, which was mainly due to the excellent performance of La Oscuridad. In what was his debut pro wrestling match, he'd carried the contest to being the 2nd best of the night (behind Joe Boone vs. Nathan Hayes), and so hopefully here was a young man worth watching for the future.

Too early for the Alliance to lose the belts yet.

Don´t see Hayes beating Boone, not quite yet anyway.

These two teams will likely clash a lot during the years (assuming all four will stay of course) so giving win to Night Fever here as losing the third time on the row would make them look like a lesser team compered to Young Guns.

This is an interesting one since both have looked to receive bit of a push lately. Taylor´s push has been more consistent in terms of wins though so I go with him. Perhaps Perry Bryant will interfere here to give David an excuse to lose here while continuing the likely feud between him and David?.

Named team over random pairing.

Another 4 out of 5! And you got the Taylor vs. David prediction spot on.

Daniel Loiselle, Joe Boone, Saita Kuroki, Beau Joslin & Mike Lewis vs. El Espiritu, Friedrich

Herzog, Levi Andrews, Nathan Hayes & Sir Anthony Henry

Think you missed the show write up for this one, Herrbear as you put these predictions in after I posted it!

Never mind, only 2 out of 5 from this lot I'm afraid (show notes here) in fairness though, much like Zergon and ThePastor, you missed out on that middle match where I weirdly booked a no contest in a no DQ match, also the other two matches were a 50/50 as to which way they would go.

SPW 1st Anniversary Show Preview

Here is the press release for SPW 1st Anniversary Show:

Join Southern Pro Wrestling in Jackson, MS as it celebrates its first birthday with 6 matches of the highest quality fighting action you'll find anywhere!

In the night's featured attraction the wait is finally over- Daniel Loiselle will defend his title against the masked Mexican sensation, El Espiritu. Loiselle has defended the World Championship against all comers since winning it 1 year ago in SPW's first show, but one man he's never beaten decisively is El Espiritu. In their first bout against one another back in April, the pair went to a time limit draw and in their rematch in July, El Espiritu actually got the victory, but by count out, when Loiselle took a nasty spill to the outside, hitting his head on the guard rail and being unable to get back in the ring in time. As is the rule in SPW, a title cannot change hands via a count out or disqualification.

Since then it has not been lost on Daniel Loiselle that the one blot on his record is that match and he's desperate to round off his first year as champion with the victory that will once and for all confirm his position as the best in the world. El Espiritu however has never once been pinned or submitted during Loiselle's entire reign and in order to ensure we get a winner at this show, both men have agreed to two key stipulations- the first is that there will be no time limit, the second is that if anybody interferes in the match, on either of their behalf, they will forfeit the match!

As well as the World Title, the SPW Tag Team Titles will also be on the line at this titanic event as The Alliance defend the belts against perennial rivals Young Guns who have been hot on their heels ever since the tag championship was first introduced in October. It was at the tournament to crown the first champions that these two teams reached the final, with The Alliance coming out on top. It was the same result in Beaumont, Texas in December when The Alliance made their first successful defence of the belts against them. Now Dragon Lee and Roland Pascual are coming back for one more go- will it be 3rd time lucky for Young Guns? This question will be answered at SPW's first Anniversary Show!

In another major collision, Saita Kuroki and Sir Anthony Henry will do battle for the first time ever in singles action. Both men have been with Southern Pro Wrestling since our debut show one year ago, and have been on opposite sides of the ring in the past, albeit in tag team affairs, but this encounter will see the winner take a big stride towards a future World Title shot, so the stakes couldn't be much higher when they do battle at the First Anniversary Show.

Another man who must be due a World Title shot in the near future is Austyn Taylor who has now managed 5 singles victories in a row. He will be looking to do his case for a shot further improvement with a win over his opponent at the Anniversary show, Anderson Ambriz.

Taylor was the beneficiary of interference from Perry Bryant in his match at SPW Pro Wrestling 12, with Dustin David. Tensions have been running high between Bryant and David ever since SPW Festive Fury when Bryant resorted to a low blow after being frustrated by the wrestling skill of his opponent, when the two met in the ring that night. The pair had a rematch in January which ended in an inconclusive way when order was completely lost by the referee. At the Anniversary Show, both men will be joined by 2 partners apiece in exciting 6-man tag action- Perry Bryant will be joined by Leroy Disco & Danny Cool, also known as Night Fever, while Dustin David will have SPW original, Joe Boone, and Beau Joslin on his team.

It's a card bursting at the seams with matches involving personal issues, vendettas and lots of history as the pro wrestlers of SPW battle for supremacy- and tickets are available now!

In addition, the following poster was found among Don Loomis' records shortly after his death years later:

hC2HlUP.jpg

Full Card

SPW World Title Match- Daniel Loiselle © vs. El Espiritu

SPW Tag Team Title Match- The Alliance © vs. Young Guns

Saita Kuroki vs. Sir Anthony Henry

Anderson Ambriz vs. Austyn Taylor

Dustin David, Joe Boone & Beau Joslin vs. Perry Bryant & Night Fever

John Baratheon vs. La Oscuridad

Hmmm, this is an interesting one and I´m not sure which way I would lean into. On one hand, Loiselle winning here would make him look really strong champion and likely help building the title´s prestige and I do see slightly larger group of good heel challengers than faces. On the other hand, him losing to El Espiritu would make an interesting storyline and make that eventual win over his nemesis (I would expect both of these men to become multiple times champion in SPW assuming they stay long enough to achieve that) that much more meaningful... I was going to pick El Espiritu when I started writing but think that I managed to change my mind while writing this... yeah, I go with Loiselle on this one but could easily see this one going the other way.

Considering that you said that you (or the booking trio but I´d assume there is bit of our true feelings in there) have been slightly disappointed with Young Guns, I don´t think they are getting the belts yet, especially when Escuadron showed promise in their first match and managed to get better rating. So Alliance retains for now.

Thinking this one depends on who wins in the main event since there is a very potential next challenger for the main belt on this match regardless of who wins the title match. And since I picked Loiselle to retain, I will pick Henry to gain momentum here.

Taylor picks another win here. Thinking Taylor might actually be decent one of challenger for Loiselle as his win streak makes him a challenger even though I won´t expect him to win or even be a longer term feud option for Loiselle. Again, not quite yet anyway.

Kind of hard to see past Boone on this one so I go with his team.

You said that Oscuridad was the main reason why the last shows opener was as good as it was and based on that I´d assume he picks a win here.

SPW 1st Anniversary Show

SPW 1st Anniversary Show

2epe58T.jpg

28th February 1921. Jackson, MS

Attendance: 361

Match 1: La Oscuridad vs. John Baratheon

uKbM6t2.jpg vs. B1QqHys.jpg

In a terrible match, La Oscuridad defeated John Baratheon in 7:02 by pinfall with a fast roll up.

Rating: 23

Before the next match, The Alliance walked to the ring, and it was noticeable that Friedrich Herzog had a limp.

jee5VHL.jpg6RNouzl.jpg

Levi Andrews grabbed a microphone and cut the following promo: "The Alliance have always been fighting champions, ever since we won the titles back in October, and like the fighting champions we are, we defended our belts in Texas earlier this month. During that match, my partner, Friedrich Herzog, injured his leg. Friedrich has been resting his leg for the past 3 weeks, to make sure that he was ready for tonight's match with Young Guns, but having just come from the doctors, the news is not good, and according to the medical professionals, Friedrich needs at least another week off. It is therefore my duty to regretfully inform you that tonight's tag team title match is off."

Rating: 37

Match 2: Perry Bryant & Night Fever vs. Dustin David, Joe Boone & Beau Joslin

b3eCW1P.jpgkAlHp55.jpgF0SO0Oy.jpg vs. xmDEPG9.jpg0GMbMmW.jpgxdkaygP.jpg

In a poor match, Dustin David, Joe Boone and Beau Joslin defeated Perry Bryant and Night Fever in 11:04 when Joe Boone defeated Danny Cool by pinfall.

Rating: 38

Match 3: Austyn Taylor vs. Anderson Ambriz

1O264UX.jpg vs. woi6tgy.jpg

In a bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Austyn Taylor defeated Anderson Ambriz in 7:59 by pinfall with a Top Rope Headbutt.

Rating: 15

Before the next match, Don Loomis walked to the ring, and called Levi Andrews out to speak to him.

4lD9Ews.jpg

Loomis had the following to say: "As you might imagine Mr Andrews, the injury to Friedrich Herzog has come as a bit of a surprise, not only to these fans who were expecting to see a tag team title match tonight, but also to me and SPW management as you gave us no prior warning of the injury you claim he picked up 3 weeks ago. As such, I feel it necessary to inform you that tonight's tag team title match WILL go ahead, and whether you face Young Guns alone, or pick another partner to temporarily help you defend the belts, is up to you!"

jee5VHL.jpg

Levi Andrews, is angry and goes to protest, but Loomis cuts him off, "If I were you I wouldn't waste any time complaining, there's only one more match until you will be expected to defend the belts!" Andrews, visibly panicking, runs to the back to sort out his game plan for tonight".

Rating: 12

Match 4: Sir Anthony Henry vs. Saita Kuroki

dX61G2L.jpg vs. sMHj4ZP.jpg

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but terrible wrestling, Saita Kuroki defeated Sir Anthony Henry in 10:44 by pinfall following interference from Mike Lewis.

Rating: 29

Match 5: SPW Tag Team Title Match- Levi Andrews & Nathan Hayes © vs. Young Guns

jee5VHL.jpglj2pNRH.jpg vs. 9TS3Mud.jpgF0SO0Oy.jpg

Levi Andrews unveils his replacement for Friedrich Herzog in tonight's title match- fellow Alliance stablemate, Nathan Hayes.

In a bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Young Guns defeated Levi Andrews and Nathan Hayes in 15:30 when Dragon Lee defeated Nathan Hayes by pinfall with a Face Crusher. Young Guns win the SPW Tag Team titles.

Rating: 25

Match 6: SPW World Title Match- Daniel Loiselle © vs. El Espiritu

DIrVef3.jpg vs. MZGEcR1.jpg

In a decent match, El Espíritu defeated Daniel Loiselle in 23:12 by pinfall. El Espíritu wins the SPW World title.

Rating: 48

Overall Show Rating: 42

February 1921 Aftermath & News

Aftermath

As first, Daniel Loiselle, then El Espiritu came through the curtain they were both given a standing ovation from the boys in the back. The World Title match had been the best match the promotion had put on yet, so both men were given the appropriate amount of praise publicly by Don Loomis as well.

The decision to switch the title was one Don Loomis, Jay Lutter and Frank Norris had gone back and forth on over the previous couple of months. On the one hand, Daniel Loiselle was the best wrestler on the entire roster, he had a year's worth of credibility as the company's top star and a victory over El Espiritu would certainly have confirmed him as the number 1 in the eyes of the fans.

On the other hand, Loomis was concerned that, at least until the company managed to create some new top level stars, Loiselle's options for future opponents was limited- having already had major programs with Friedrich Herzog and El Espiritu as well as headlining bouts opposite Levi Andrews and Joe Boone- it was difficult to see what they would do next with Loiselle as champion. In the end this was the key point that made Loomis' mind up, he felt it was important to freshen up the main event picture, and the title change would allow them to do that.

The Friedrich Herzog injury storyline, wasn't just a storyline. About 4 days after SPW Pro Wrestling 12, Don Loomis had received a phone call from Herzog informing him that he had been diagnosed with a percussive ankle stretch which would keep him out until the first week of March, just days after the Anniversary Show. When Loomis had told Lutter and Norris, Lutter beamed with excitement at what he called a 'great opportunity' and then laid out his vision for what should happen in the tag title match.

There was only one thing that Norris suggested changing about the idea- Lutter had the match ending in a count out victory for Young Guns to give them an excuse for another title shot in the future, Norris however suggested they give Young Guns the belts and see if they were going to sink or swim. Loomis liked the idea, even though Young Guns had thus far failed to live up to his expectations, there was only one way to see if they had what it took, and that was to give them the ball and see if they could run with it.

News

Following the 3 signings that had been made a couple of months ago, the roster was now at an uneven number (meaning that at least 1 worker would have to miss out on a match each show) and so Loomis made the move to sign a young man named Earl Masters on the morning of the Anniversary Show.

PoaDhOG.jpg

Marsters at age 21 had done some boxing in his home state of Maine, he wasn't actually that good, but had come to ring for his few fights wearing a mask with a jigsaw motif on it and Loomis had liked the visual so contacted Marsters to come work for Southern Pro Wrestling and wear the mask through his matches. Upon signing, Loomis gave him the name 'The Puzzler'.

Hmmm, this is an interesting one and I´m not sure which way I would lean into. On one hand, Loiselle winning here would make him look really strong champion and likely help building the title´s prestige and I do see slightly larger group of good heel challengers than faces. On the other hand, him losing to El Espiritu would make an interesting storyline and make that eventual win over his nemesis (I would expect both of these men to become multiple times champion in SPW assuming they stay long enough to achieve that) that much more meaningful... I was going to pick El Espiritu when I started writing but think that I managed to change my mind while writing this... yeah, I go with Loiselle on this one but could easily see this one going the other way.

Considering that you said that you (or the booking trio but I´d assume there is bit of our true feelings in there) have been slightly disappointed with Young Guns, I don´t think they are getting the belts yet, especially when Escuadron showed promise in their first match and managed to get better rating. So Alliance retains for now.

Thinking this one depends on who wins in the main event since there is a very potential next challenger for the main belt on this match regardless of who wins the title match. And since I picked Loiselle to retain, I will pick Henry to gain momentum here.

Taylor picks another win here. Thinking Taylor might actually be decent one of challenger for Loiselle as his win streak makes him a challenger even though I won´t expect him to win or even be a longer term feud option for Loiselle. Again, not quite yet anyway.

Kind of hard to see past Boone on this one so I go with his team.

You said that Oscuridad was the main reason why the last shows opener was as good as it was and based on that I´d assume he picks a win here.

3 out of 6- yeah I had a tough decision to make between Loiselle and El Espiritu, I was hoping that one (or more) of our new roster talents would make it to main event level by 1 year in, but as it hadn't happened, I just didn't know what major challenges Loiselle would face to sustain a World Title reign.

As for the tag titles, I can't actually remember anymore whether I was going to switch the titles before Herzog got injured, but as it happened I liked the idea of beating Andrews and Hayes for the belts so went with it.

2 out of 4- This was a classic case of one match impacting the result of another- had you gone the other way in the title match, you no doubt would have gone the other way in the Kuroki/Andrews match, and this would have been a much different score.

3 out of 6- yeah I had a tough decision to make between Loiselle and El Espiritu, I was hoping that one (or more) of our new roster talents would make it to main event level by 1 year in, but as it hadn't happened, I just didn't know what major challenges Loiselle would face to sustain a World Title reign.

As for the tag titles, I can't actually remember anymore whether I was going to switch the titles before Herzog got injured, but as it happened I liked the idea of beating Andrews and Hayes for the belts so went with it.

Yeah, I was going back and forth between Loiselle and Espiritu when I made that pick and I did consider the fact that Loiselle had already beaten Alliance before but figured that Austyn Taylor could get a one shot opportunity justified by his win streak and after that I saw Henry as potential next opponent with either Henry or Espiritu (who still would have legit shot at Loiselle with only losing once on three matches) eventually getting the belt. It will be interesting to see who rise to challenge Espiritu after the obvious trio of Kuroki, Boone and Loiselle are done. Rising new talent is one of the big challenges to me on this type of game as you can´t just pick guys outside your company and put them into main event (since none likely have any popularity or experience at this point) so you just patiently have to push guys you already have. Other problem I tend to run into is that things tend to become bit stale in the long run with same guys being on top (I find it hard to let main eventer or upper midcarder go when you likely have to replace him with green rookie) so will be interesting to see how you handle these problems.

Switching tag titles made a lot of sense with Herzog´s injury as well, I was figuring you might wait a bit to see if Escuadron could be better option but giving Young Guns a shot first makes complete sense since they have been your only face team until recently and while they are not likely to rise past midcard with their current skills, I don´t really see it as a bad thing as pair of decent midcard guys makes perfectly viable long term tag team in my eyes (I mostly think this way because if one or both of them would be good in-ring guys I might personally want to push them into main event and break their team and I tend to value long term tag teams over short term ones).

SPW Pro Wrestling 13 Preview

Here is the press release for SPW Pro Wrestling 13:

Southern Pro Wrestling is back once again for more premier grappling action as all the biggest stars of the sport descend on Jackson, MS for what is sure to be another exciting night.

In the main event, El Espiritu, fresh off of capturing the World Title from Daniel Loiselle, makes his first defence of the belt when he faces the Japanese Sumo Giant, Saita Kuroki. Kuroki defeated Sir Anthony Henry at SPW's 1st Anniversary Show to secure himself a shot at the title and El Espiritu has agreed to put the belt on the line at the first opportunity. The last time these two men met in singles action was back in August when El Espiritu walked out of the match getting himself counted out in the process. To this day that is the only singles loss El Espiritu has suffered in SPW and so the threat posed by his opponent should not be underestimated.

The man El Espiritu defeated for the title, Daniel Loiselle, will be in the house at SPW Pro Wrestling 13 as well, and has promised to speak to the fans about his future following the loss. What will the former champion have to say for himself? Find out by grabbing a ticket for the show today!

The SPW Tag Team Titles also changed hands at the 1st Anniversary Show when Young Guns overcame Levi Andrews and Nathan Hayes, who was standing in for the injured Friedrich Herzog for the match. It's been a tough few months for The Alliance who having failed to prise the World Title away from Daniel Loiselle in November and December, have now dropped the title belts they did have. As such you can bet they will be looking to bounce back at SPW Pro Wrestling 13, and this card gives them just the opportunity to do that as Herzog and Andrews will be back in tag competition versus Joe Boone and Dustin David, while Nathan Hayes faces John Baratheon in a singles encounter.

The new tag team champions, Young Guns meanwhile, will be taking part in 8-man tag action as they are joined by the new pairing of No Nonsense, made up of Anderson Ambriz and Beau Joslin, to take on Escuadron and Night Fever. Young Guns may have been celebrating their title win at the 1st Anniversary Show but the tag division has never been stronger and they will need to work hard in this match to ensure they stay ahead of the chasing pack.

Back in January, Sir Anthony Henry took the deciding fall in a massive 10-man tag match by pinning Mike Lewis. It was the biggest match of Lewis' short career to date, and he felt like he had let his team mates down. That's why last month in Beaumont, Texas, Mike Lewis challenged Sir Anthony Henry to a singles encounter, a request that Henry not only refused, but also insulted Lewis while doing so, acting as if the blue collar fighter was below him. Lewis wasn't going to stand for that and got Anthony's attention at SPW's First Anniversary Show by interfering in Anthony's bout with Saita Kuroki, costing him the match. Having ensured Henry could dismiss him no longer, Mike Lewis will face him at SPW Pro Wrestling 13 in an emotionally charged fight.

Finally, Austyn Taylor continued his brilliant run of victories at SPW's 1st Anniversary show by overcoming Anderson Ambriz. At SPW Pro Wrestling 13, Taylor will be challenged yet again, this time by The Puzzler, a man making his debut at the show and who little is known about.

It promises to be another wild night of SPW action, where anything can, and probably will, take place. Make sure you don't miss out!

Full Card

SPW World Title Match- El Espiritu © vs. Saita Kuroki

Sir Anthony Henry vs. Mike Lewis

The Alliance vs. Joe Boone & Dustin David

Austyn Taylor vs. The Puzzler

Escuadron & Night Fever vs. Young Guns & No Nonsense

Nathan Hayes vs. John Baratheon

SPW World Title Match- El Espiritu © vs. Saita Kuroki

Espiritu ain´t dropping the belt on first defense

Sir Anthony Henry vs. Mike Lewis

This looks to be a feud so wonder if Lewis actually have shot a win here especially since you likely need to build face or two up now that you have heel champ. However, Henry is still higher on my books so I go with him but I could see an upset here to help build Lewis up quickly.

The Alliance vs. Joe Boone & Dustin David

Another tough one here with Alliance being your best tag team, (or that´s how I currently see it) them losing to random pairing would slightly hurt your tag division in my eyes. That said, win here would help to build David up as potential challenger for Espiritu if David gets few wins against lower card heels afterwards. More importantly, loss here would be reason to keep Alliance away from tag titles as I´m not sure if Young Guns would be over enough to go over Alliance without hurting them and that´s the main reason why I pick Boone and David to win here.

Austyn Taylor vs. The Puzzler

Don´t see Taylor dropping his win streak against a rookie.

Escuadron & Night Fever vs. Young Guns & No Nonsense

For some reason I thought Escuadron would be faces. :o Well, that mistake aside, thinking heel teams pick the win here in order to claim title shots for the belts.

Nathan Hayes vs. John Baratheon

Hayes has more going on thanks to him being part of the Alliance