How do you guys use Excel for your promotions?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always wished the game itself would track worker performance ratings. The game can already feel like work sometimes as it is, especially if you're doing a dynasty to go along with your save, so it would be great if I didn't have to log the performance ratings myself.

I'm sure I read in the journal that TEW 2020 will do so.

Yeah, the journal does say the in-ring performance ratings will now be stored. BUT, and that was a big but, it says it will be visible when looking at old match results. Which, while better than nothing, could still be a pain for players to track depending on exactly how it's implemented. I guess we'll know in a little less than a week!

<p>i use to use excel until it became too big. ive used the time to make an access database to help create storylines on the fly and plot out a years worth of storylines for my titles and who my "next in line" pushes were. </p><p> </p><p>

Excel became too much work, i needed something i could code somewhat to automate a lot of functions. now when the game comes out im going to be working on programming forms to record data from shows and create reports after 3 months to track peoples pushes and see if i need to alter story plans.</p><p> </p><p>

basically a functional database running alongside a functional database to enhance immersion in said database.</p>

<p>I used Excel to create myself a Worker Generator.</p><p> </p><p>

Depending on which nationality you pick it kicks out different names based on that country, home towns. I've added gimmicks it, as well as Quirks, Positive traits, neutral traits and negative traits. </p><p> </p><p>

This allows me to create my own workers and kick start my imagination.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Larrikin" data-cite="Larrikin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47486" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I used Excel to create myself a Worker Generator.<p> </p><p> Depending on which nationality you pick it kicks out different names based on that country, home towns. I've added gimmicks it, as well as Quirks, Positive traits, neutral traits and negative traits. </p><p> </p><p> This allows me to create my own workers and kick start my imagination.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> i was very confused about this post for a second</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Larrikn" data-cite="Larrikn" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47486" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>i was very confused about this post for a second</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Whoa!</p><p> </p><p> I sat for a second thinking why did I post to myself. I don't remember typing this at all.</p><p> </p><p> Insert Spiderman meme</p>

I used Excel to create myself a Worker Generator.

Depending on which nationality you pick it kicks out different names based on that country, home towns. I've added gimmicks it, as well as Quirks, Positive traits, neutral traits and negative traits.

This allows me to create my own workers and kick start my imagination.

super interested in this tbh.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bonafide_Bluffa" data-cite="Bonafide_Bluffa" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47486" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>this is what i used in my last 2016 save <a href="https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZBuoRpjS2-5Tas9YV1irSbc4FZakXVx-" rel="external nofollow">https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZBuoRpjS2-5Tas9YV1irSbc4FZakXVx-</a></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Man,</p><p> I just downloaded your sheet for PPV and TV Booking. I will use your templace. Thank you so much.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Quintillus89" data-cite="Quintillus89" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47486" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>super interested in this tbh.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I am some what close to completing it. Its taken about 6 months. </p><p> </p><p> I have to add the ladies names to it too.</p><p> </p><p> All locations are based off population. So for the US towns New York has more entries than a small town. Anything under 10,000 in population doesn't show up. (Except the Pacific Northwest where I reside). </p><p> </p><p> It is very formula based so I'd have to figure out how to lock some columns down.</p>

I am some what close to completing it. Its taken about 6 months.

I have to add the ladies names to it too.

All locations are based off population. So for the US towns New York has more entries than a small town. Anything under 10,000 in population doesn't show up. (Except the Pacific Northwest where I reside).

It is very formula based so I'd have to figure out how to lock some columns down.

If you ever do make this public id download to use. I create my own database companies/stories ect. The hardest part is coming up with names. This would be perfect.

i use to use excel until it became too big. ive used the time to make an access database to help create storylines on the fly and plot out a years worth of storylines for my titles and who my "next in line" pushes were.

Excel became too much work, i needed something i could code somewhat to automate a lot of functions. now when the game comes out im going to be working on programming forms to record data from shows and create reports after 3 months to track peoples pushes and see if i need to alter story plans.

basically a functional database running alongside a functional database to enhance immersion in said database.

This is my end goal, very nice!

I mainly use excel to book tournaments. It's really useful for keeping round robin tournaments organized and on track, and I can easily see what matches I've booked and what the results were. Traditional tournaments I just pen and paper or, if they're small enough that I only need to really see the first round competitors, notepad.

Hoping someone can help me.

I want to keep track of the relations between my characters, but i don't want it to be a pain to search every single time. What i would to do it's to select one character and being able to see all of his relations or\and select the two characters and see their relationship.

Can someone tell me if this is possible to do in excell (even if i'm using LibreOffice Calc :D) ? And if yes, how?

Thank you.

I usually set up something like this to keep track of my roster: push, strengths, storylines, tag teams, injuries, managers, debuts, turns etc. Then I have a seperate file to write down show reports and ideas and to plan ahead for the upcoming shows.

ewr-sheet.thumb.jpg.86abd409f40f1b5bda22aa595b48c061.jpg

I pretty much do what most people do and condense things down into the most important commonly used info, particular info that the game doesn't track for you.

So like name, face/heel, gimmick rating, and various markers like young female appeal, scripted/improv ability, etc. Those will also have some kind of symbol or formatting to provide additional ability such as marking face/heel with something to denote that they're best as a face and so I shouldn't turn them in most situations.

I may also add markers for other reasons like marking people that I've only hired to job out or that they're currently injured. I do have a handful relevant/most important stats for my promotion (Sex Appeal for instance with a risque thing) and make a note of standout stats/stat modifiers, but in general, I tend to condense most stat info eg X is unsafe or needs development.

Generally, I also setup a means to sort characters by some kind of ranking, whether it's age or company ranking. Usually it's an option.

Everything generally fits into one line and one screen width.

Pretty much everything else is referenced so infrequently or in very specific contexts that I don't need it at short notice 90% of the time when company managing or booking.

One thing I did spent a lot more time on is a narrative generator. Since narratives are one of the few things that don't change and don't get generated, I set up a sheet to generate narrative outlines/guidelines such as "The 5th worker starting with the letter B in Europe sees a 1 intensity pop boost." or "A new venue opened in Australia" or "The economy in the US/Worldwide changes by X" or "A worker gets created in Japan". I'll usually poke it at the start of every month and have it determine if something happens and if so, at what point in the month and what it is.

<p>I would normally just figure out where I want to go storyline and match-wise, maybe have a few "big" matches pre-booked down the line, and messily jot down any future plans in the game's notepad.</p><p> </p><p>

But booking is the one area I can say 2020 definintely outshines 2016 so far. I love the intricateness and layers around putting together matches in this game, so I might branch out and use a seperate program for planning in the future.</p>

I feel like we get one of these threads every few months.

I keep a pretty detailed one myself. One tab keeps track of my roster -- color coded by push/perception and disposition -- then I have tabs for each feud I have going. There are three tabs: the type of angle it is, what is going on in the angle (I can get detailed on these) and what show it's on (STV 1-Aug or UPR 4-Oct). Another tab keeps track of my show ratings and company pop level week by week, then another has each worker's popularity month by month, with how much they've risen or fallen.

Then there are notes all over to keep track of potential hires, ones listed as 'hot property' in the news section, names of workers' finishers, etc...

I'm interested in connecting it with an exported database file, but I don't have the time to figure that out right now. It would save me a lot of typing though.

It's a jumbled mess but it works for me.

Really digging this -- but I'm curious about the formula you're using at the bottom of the "time" column for each show/PPV.

=COUNTIF(A3:A12, "Match")*2 + SUM(C3:C12)

Can you give some insight into the thought process behind this? Wouldn't you just want to track the total length of the event?