How do you guys use Excel for your promotions?

I have a new thing I'm trying out for my new probably-going-to-be-a-dynasty game. Because it's probably going to be a dynasty I've removed the names and jumbled up the colour coding, but you get the idea. :p

The top section plots out when feuds are going to start/end (the gold one is pretty obvious, right? :p). Different shades of each colour (the greens, oranges and light blues) indicate that the storyline will progress in some way but involve at least one of the same workers.

For instance, the green line would indicate a feud got blown off at Malice, then changed to the same worker being involved in another short storyline, before changing again to involve a different storyline until The War To Settle The Score. All the same "storyline" but involving slightly different workers.

Same with the oranges, starts off as Benson vs. Hocking, then progresses later to Hocking vs. Arsenal. There's no way to tell which of Benson or Hocking carries on and which drops out, but the assumption is that as the author, you'd know. I experimented with using two colours for people in two storylines (see Freddy Huggins) since the names are all two merged cells, but I don't think my OCD can cope with it not being centred if I do that...

Then below that, the entire roster is displayed sorted by starting perception and then by disposition. Each worker is colour coded depending on the storyline they're most involved with. Some are grey, which indicates they ARE involved, potentially in multiple storylines, but are not the focus of them (Eddie Peak and Floyd Goldworthy for instance is in all storylines involving the Sinners, and likewise for Chris Flynn and the Syndicate, but they don't have a storyline that's all about them).

This allows me at a glance to see any workers who don't have a storyline for the next few months, and I can then judge whether I need to give them one (One Man Army should probably have one...) or whether it's fine that they're just filler/jobbers for the moment.

I have an Evernote file (considering moving to Trello...) loaded with all the descriptions of what actually happens in the feuds, and ideas for the future as and when I think of them, but this helps give an overview of what's happening when, and who's left without a feud.

Just thought I'd share it in case anyone found this method useful.

Edit: In the unlikely event it confuses anyone, I've just noticed that in my haste to jumble up all of the worker's colours to prevent spoilers, I've got a Josh Taylor vs. Dave Diamond storyline (mmm, money...) developing into Devine Fortune vs. Nick Booth and Maverick. If this was real, the Fortune/BoothMaverick storyline would be on a different line because they're involving totally different workers, but because this is just random sample data, I screwed it up.

https://i.imgur.com/iVLMQbU.png

iVLMQbU.png

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a Microsoft Word. I make a column that is six down and two across (symbolizing the calendar). I will then put the months in each spot. I will book from MAJOR SHOW TO MAJOR SHOW.

Wrestle Mania to Summer Slam then Summer Slam to Wrestle Mania

If I have longer term plans I will lay them out as well. Usually it is just the World Title feud