Bbcf In 2-d?

I have TCB, and I love the way you can watch the game play out in front of your eyes. I just tried the BBCF demo and was wondering if that feature will be coming in the future? I know that would seal the deal on my purchasing of the game.

2-d who cares.... I been trying to seal the deal with this chick I met.... we're way passed the 3 date rule,(we're goin dutch soon if this keeps up) if I can put up with that, you can buy the game without 2-d... seriously this is a great game just do it....

Basketball and soccer are both free-flowing sports, which is why they're tailor-made for 2D displays like in Gary's games and Football Manager. Football and baseball, on the other hand, are essentially static, making a 2D display less worthwhile in that regard.

Arlie would obviously know more about this then I but I have an idea of how to get this to work. Depending on how complex Arlie can get the PBP he could develop a flash player of some type that took these PBP's as scripts and draw the animation for it before playing the animation on screen. For example Shotgun formation vs Nickle FS Blitz. The engine would calculate the result of the play before the player took the result and created the animation for it. Its not like the player has to do it on the fly, it would have to be post play to get it do work properly. If it was real time then you have a problem. Because the play animation would occur post play, it should not affect the sim engine for non-watched games. There is a play making game out there called Playmaker football. It was simple but the results of my play designs were pretty damn accurate, and it was smooth playing animation. If anything I'm sure there is someone capable of creating an animation system that took the current output of PBP logs and develop an application that would generate the play via moving Xs and Os. I would definitely give it a go myself if I knew what I was doing, in fact I'm going to read up on Macromedia dna Flashplayer and see what can be done, I'm sure it would involve Access knowledge....or not.

Guest DirkGildun
I used to play XOR's "NFL Challenge" back in the early '90's with my first PC (a 386). It used O's and X's to represent the offensive and defensive players, respectively. It was fun to watch, and it was based on fixed offensive and defensive plays like BBCF. Maybe Arlie should look into how they did that back then. Since BBCF is primarily a text sim, even an animation with X's and O's would be a great improvement.

[QUOTE=DirkGildun]I used to play XOR's "NFL Challenge" back in the early '90's with my first PC (a 386). It used O's and X's to represent the offensive and defensive players, respectively. It was fun to watch, and it was based on fixed offensive and defensive plays like BBCF. Maybe Arlie should look into how they did that back then. Since BBCF is primarily a text sim, even an animation with X's and O's would be a great improvement.[/QUOTE] That is probably the quickest way of getting one to work right away. Have 100s of predesigned animations that play to a specific type of play result.

also see action PC football [url]www.dksports.com[/url]. It has IMO, the best playcalling of any game on the market. And it has a very smooth animation system to watch the play results. I disagree with the above post that football and baseball are not suited for a 2d display. I think those two sports being somewhat static would be easier to display. I think it would bring an entire new fan base if you included a 2d display of the play result. My perfect game would be like looking at a yahoo style sports page and when it came time to play the game, you went into a nice, clean, 2d display. Arlie, you should strongly consieder this as a new feature in the future. There are many of those old fbpro guys out there who are not very vocal, but want a game to fill their void.

[QUOTE=kenparker23] My perfect game would be like looking at a yahoo style sports page and when it came time to play the game, you went into a nice, clean, 2d display. Arlie, you should strongly consieder this as a new feature in the future. There are many of those old fbpro guys out there who are not very vocal, but want a game to fill their void.[/QUOTE] Agree with the above statements 100%

[QUOTE=kenparker23]also see action PC football [url]www.dksports.com[/url]. It has IMO, the best playcalling of any game on the market. And it has a very smooth animation system to watch the play results.[/QUOTE] That is the game I was looking at a while back, I was choosing between Total Pro Football and that PC Action Football game. I ended up choosing TPF because of the career play, the draft, contract talks and just the general feel of a front office type game. Can you recommend a fan site for PC Football? I want to see if there are any mods or something that would make me believe this is the Pro game to get? I've got BBCF, just looking for a Pro game.

apc football is not for career play. It is very customizable. Custom fields are available. I am not sure of sites, may check the forums. If you like online or solo play, it is challenging. Full college seasons are available from 1999 and every pro season (but it does cost money for each season). It is really only for single season use, but the playcalling and strategic aspects are second to none. It is the closest thing I have seen to calling a real football game.

Archived