CV 2013 Mod - Hype

Okay so I don't have a big cool awesome opening post or some awesome graphic here.

My plan is to bring the TEW 2013 data over to TEW 2020. '13 holds a special place for me as it was the first game that I really got into. Also, I just really like that data. My goal is to create a new database and then try to see how age everybody backward works and then go from there. I will do my best to see this project to its final completion and will keep this updated.

Okay so work has slowly begun on this database. I imported everything and have dragged everybody (the easy stuff). I am going to be going through and updating the title histories next.

Once title histories are done I plan to begin to contracts. I just decided to not import contracts, so I have to go through each company and add them.

Careful when you plan this out. I personally have no clue what the least work is. You could ask DerekB. Either you start from the 2020 database where the positive is that you don't need to convert the workers, or you start from the imported 2013 database. If it's the former, you need to go to the mass editor and isolate everybody who had made his debut and use the "de-age skills by 5" edit. However, the popularity will still be the same so you're going to have to equalize that with 2013 by using Access and sorting out the worker ID's, which would hopefully be the same, and copy paste the whole section.

If it's the converted database, I think it'll be quicker. You can just copy paste the attribute list in Access, which will save you ages of work, but I'm not sure how this all works, as we don't have the password of the database.

Careful when you plan this out. I personally have no clue what the least work is. You could ask DerekB. Either you start from the 2020 database where the positive is that you don't need to convert the workers, or you start from the imported 2013 database. If it's the former, you need to go to the mass editor and isolate everybody who had made his debut and use the "de-age skills by 5" edit. However, the popularity will still be the same so you're going to have to equalize that with 2013 by using Access and sorting out the worker ID's, which would hopefully be the same, and copy paste the whole section.

If it's the converted database, I think it'll be quicker. You can just copy paste the attribute list in Access, which will save you ages of work, but I'm not sure how this all works, as we don't have the password of the database.

I'm working on converting my 2018 mod....what is this about copy and pasting attributes??? That sounds good, how do I do that? lol

I am going to try to de-age everybody and go from there. The 13 to 16 I would have a lot of work to do with the extra skills and body types. It is going to be a lot of work either way. I got some stuff done today, but still got a lot to do.

I'm working on converting my 2018 mod....what is this about copy and pasting attributes??? That sounds good, how do I do that? lol

I think it could work, because you can make a save game into a database, supposedly.

You start a 2020 game and export it to an Access file through the in-game editor.

Then you start a game with your mod on 31 december 2017, sim one day and export the Access file. And then you copy-paste the contents of attributes into your mod.

It could be a lot easier, but Adam locks the Access files to stop people from screwing up. If you're serious about modding, perhaps you can ask him later (not now, obviously :p).

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47931" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Adam has stated numerous times he will not provide tech support for anyone who modifies the access file. Only use the game's built in editor</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Which is why you only ask if you're serious about modding. And you need to watch out you're only using it for your mod and don't meddle with anything in the default data.</p><p> </p><p> But the ol' way is of course perfectly fine.</p>

• 4 weeks later...
I wouldn't say it is dead, it's just a lot more work than I thought. I have done some basic work, but I have to go through every single worker and fix their stats, attributes, and contracts still. I was hoping I could use the de-age option but it doesn't let me filter by years active, only by age so that won't work.

I wouldn't say it is dead, it's just a lot more work than I thought. I have done some basic work, but I have to go through every single worker and fix their stats, attributes, and contracts still. I was hoping I could use the de-age option but it doesn't let me filter by years active, only by age so that won't work.

that does sound very tedious. the effort is appreciated either way.