ping Arlie: football sim engine

Arlie: Have you ever considered making your sim engine available to other developers for a cost? I'd love to build a multiplayer only pro football game but I don't have the time/desire to build the actual sim/playbook engine. But I'd probably find time to build the rest of the game (draft, interface, multiplayer server, etc) around an engine. My only problem is a dislike of VB6 (that is so 90s). :) So you'd have to build it as a COM component.

[QUOTE=StormEd]Hope it's not multiplayer only. That seems to be a fairly slim slice of the total market.[/QUOTE] I am near certain that it won't be multiplayer only... Usually it is the opposite, the games are designed as single player, with multiplayer as more of an afterthought... hopefully the multiplayer experience will be more integrated in his upcoming title... i.e. importing of draft classes, rosters, coaches, editing of players, coaches, owners, stadiums, head to head gameplay via online, every possible report imaginable and exportable to html.

[QUOTE=moring]...editing of players, coaches, owners, stadiums, head to head gameplay via online, every possible report imaginable and exportable to html.[/QUOTE] This is where an .mdb file for building your league (a la the two basketball sims, TPB and TCB) should come in.

It can be a great little randomized factor. Just imagine the surprise of receiving the e-mail that your prize draftee, the quarterback who was going to lead your team back to glory, has just been busted. :eek:

Also the ability for the league to expand... even adding in something along the lines of NFL Europe would be so awesome I know it could never happen... Great ideas and suggestions I hope Arlie is taking notes... :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived