January 2004 Ruthless Aggression TEW 2020 Mod

I did a decent comb through thus far, an awesome update! Well worth the wait. I'm sure I speak for everybody in saying we appreciate the hard work you put into this, probably the best one going imo.

I came across two duplicates thus far besides the above mentioned too I figured I'd drop for you here:

Brian Christopher / Brian Lawler

Tank! / Tank (looks to be the same person, not 100%)

Didn't even realize there were two Brian's in the database! This is why I love feedback!!! I am so sorry that the release of the update took so long but glad to see it was worth the wait!

I did a decent comb through thus far, an awesome update! Well worth the wait. I'm sure I speak for everybody in saying we appreciate the hard work you put into this, probably the best one going imo.

I came across two duplicates thus far besides the above mentioned too I figured I'd drop for you here:

Brian Christopher / Brian Lawler

Tank! / Tank (looks to be the same person, not 100%)

Tank and Tank! are 2 different people. Tank mainly worked for NWA promotions and just recently wrestled for ICW:NHB. Tank! was a Canadian worker.

edit: Tank! is also set to be based in USA when he should be based in Canada but that is really minor.

Not trying to pick a fight, but I feel transparency is kind of important.

Is there any reason why you have removed any credit of my name considering that this entire mod was based on my TEW 2016 Beta and I created the intro screens as well? You seem to credit multiple other board members and mod makers but my name has been scrubbed from the first post and within the database itself?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A few language errors:

Edge shouldn’t speak French

Al Snow shouldn’t speak French or Japanese

Lita shouldn’t speak French

Test shouldn’t speak French

Brian Kendrick shouldn’t speak French (not sure on Japanese either)

Chris Benoit shouldn’t speak French

Chris Jericho shouldn’t speak French

Christian Cage shouldn’t speak French

Gail Kim shouldn’t be set to speak Japanese

Kane shouldn’t be set to speak Spanish

James Gibson (Jamie Noble) shouldn’t be set to speak Spanish

James Maritato shouldn’t be set to speak Mediterranean

Bradshaw shouldn’t be set to speak Spanish (maybe basic since he did work in Mexico for awhile)

Johnny Stamboli shouldn’t speak Mediterranean

Kimo (Rosey) shouldn’t speak Spanish

Kurt Angle shouldn’t speak French

Linda Miles shouldn’t speak Spanish

Matt Bloom (A-Train) shouldn’t speak Japanese

Matt Hardy shouldn’t speak French or Spanish

Mick Foley shouldn’t speak French, Spanish or Mediterranean

Pat Patterson shouldn’t speak Spanish

Paul London shouldn’t speak French or Spanish

Shane Helms shouldn’t speak French or Spanish

Triple H shouldn’t speak French or Spanish

Trish Stratus shouldn’t speak French

Vince McMahon shouldn’t speak French or Spanish

Tajiri shouldn’t speak French or Spanish (maybe basic Spanish)

Abyss shouldn’t speak French or Spanish

AJ Styles shouldn’t speak French or Spanish

Chris Sabin shouldn’t speak French or Spanish

Christopher Daniels shouldn’t speak Spanish

Don Callis shouldn’t speak French

Jeremy Borash shouldn’t speak French or Spanish

Joe E. Legend shouldn’t speak French

Sinn shouldn’t speak French

Doug Williams shouldn’t speak Japanese, French or Spanish

Slyck Wagner Brown (Should be spelled Slyk) shouldn’t speak Japanese

Chris Hero shouldn’t speak French, Spanish or Central European

Harry Smith shouldn’t speak French

JJ Dillon shouldn’t speak Japanese

Norman Smiley shouldn’t speak French

Ricky Reyes shouldn’t speak French

Rocky Romero shouldn’t speak French

Steve Corino shouldn’t speak French (not sure if he should be Fluent in Japanese)

Teddy Hart shouldn’t speak French

TJ Wilson shouldn’t speak French

Vampiro shouldn’t speak French

Belle Lovitz shouldn’t speak French

Karnage shouldn’t speak French or Spanish

Keith Hart shouldn’t speak French

Kid Nichols shouldn’t speak French

Ross Hart shouldn’t speak French

Bret Hart shouldn’t speak French

Is there any reason why you have removed any credit of my name considering that this entire mod was based on my TEW 2016 Beta and I created the intro screens as well? You seem to credit multiple other board members and mod makers but my name has been scrubbed from the first post and within the database itself?

A few language errors:

Bradshaw shouldn’t be set to speak Spanish (maybe basic since he did work in Mexico for awhile)

Steve Corino shouldn’t speak French (not sure if he should be Fluent in Japanese)

We got into a pissing match last year and I got mad so I removed your name. I will readd your name for credit. I want to clear the air, whatever I was fed from others I have ignored and moved on from. I will give you the credit you deserve. Sorry for being petty.

Anyways, that's a great list man and I appreciate it

A few language errors:

And I also feel like we should work together and not against each other! If you wanna talk more i am more than happy too and you can pm me pal.

Tank and Tank! are 2 different people. Tank mainly worked for NWA promotions and just recently wrestled for ICW:NHB. Tank! was a Canadian worker.

edit: Tank! is also set to be based in USA when he should be based in Canada but that is really minor.

Ahh cool I wasn't sure on that one, thanks for clarifying.

I found one more I think:

Charles Wright / The Godfather

I think by now I've just about made my way through a good 70% of (mostly the American) workers and everything looks awesome!

I seem to have an issue where as TNA I'll offer someone a deal, they'll get an offer from someone else (like PWG or IWA:MS), and even if I improve on their offer in every way (higher cut of merchandise, a 1000 more) they'll say that their offer is better. Any idea why?

I seem to have an issue where as TNA I'll offer someone a deal, they'll get an offer from someone else (like PWG or IWA:MS), and even if I improve on their offer in every way (higher cut of merchandise, a 1000 more) they'll say that their offer is better. Any idea why?

That probably has to do with the game itself than my mod. I've noticed that sometimes you need to offer quite a bit more once in a while

Let me know how pushing Chavo works. I became sick last night so I'm.working on fixed right now

Yeah certainly, I have a whole elaborate Eddie vs. Chavo storyline that starts with what happened irl but developing it into a massive thing. Chavo would beat Eddie in early 2004 and move on but Eddie will become Undisputed Champion like he did. They'll pick it up again in the summer after Chavo would be built up a bit more and it might stretch to Wrestlemania 21.

Yeah certainly, I have a whole elaborate Eddie vs. Chavo storyline that starts with what happened irl but developing it into a massive thing. Chavo would beat Eddie in early 2004 and move on but Eddie will become Undisputed Champion like he did. They'll pick it up again in the summer after Chavo would be built up a bit more and it might stretch to Wrestlemania 21.

Chavito is one of the most underrated workers ever. His WCW run had some questionable angles, but dude put the work in. At the end of WCW, he was one of the handful of people that were putting consistent effort into good performances. He and Helms in particular had some fantastic matches

I loved his WWECW run too. There's a reason he's been recruited by Lucha Underground, Glow, and other wrestling related shows to help train actors and help with behind the scenes stuff.

ATTENTION:

I have posted the update just now. I removed dupes and fixed language errors

Just a heads up, I noticed 2 duplicates of Victor Quinones and QT Marshall slipped by. The one without the accent is set as the owner of IWA so I removed the one with the accent.

Some promotions that should be closed are currently "Set To Open" with random dates: Smoky Mountain Wrestling, World Wrestling All-Stars, X Wrestling Federation and Xtreme Pro Wrestling. 3 Lions Wrestling, Canadian Wrestling Coalition, DOKU Puroresu, Empire State Wrestling, Paradise Pro Wrestling and United States Pro Wrestling are all fictional (though some share names of real promotions), however I don't know if these are intentional additions or not.

Another thing to note is some active promotions have small number of contracts and are missing owners and bookers: AJW, BJW, EWP, GAEA, GSW, HWA, IWRG, JWP, Memphis Wrestling, M-Pro and wXw. I personally just chose to close most of these because there are already so many promotions and I'm personally not interested in playing as most of these, but I thought I'd just point it out.

edit: Just noticed the ECW Arena/Viking Hall/Alhambra Arena whatever you want to call is missing.

edit 2: Dusty Rhodes should be an active Occasional Wrestler as he wrestled multiple times for HUSTLE and TNA in 2004. Bob Orton also should be made an active Occasional Wrestler in case someone wants to redo the Randy Orton and Undertaker feud in 2005. Bas Rutten is active and wrestled his last match in 2002, but it's very much in the realm of reality for him to come back to wrestle in a promotion like IGF. Terri Powers (aka Tori in the WWF) to my knowledge left the business in 2001 and didn't return.

Thanks again for this mod. Have just started a 2004 game as TNA and am looking forward to getting deep into it. Playing with the 5.1 update, two things I've noticed: So Cal Val/SoCal Val duplicate - also, the Stampede Women's Pacific title is set to be for any gender as TJ Wilson just won it, haha.

This is a really interesting period to try and play with, for me. I was ignorant of any wrestling outside of WWE at this point and TNA's roster seems to have a lot of guys with not much upside so it's going to be fun to try and push a few of them just for kicks whilst also building and turning over the roster into something more impressive. The indie scene is so loaded with talent but they're all quite young and need lots of seasoning which is good if you're planning on a long-term game.

Thanks again for this mod. Have just started a 2004 game as TNA and am looking forward to getting deep into it. Playing with the 5.1 update, two things I've noticed: So Cal Val/SoCal Val duplicate - also, the Stampede Women's Pacific title is set to be for any gender as TJ Wilson just won it, haha.

This is a really interesting period to try and play with, for me. I was ignorant of any wrestling outside of WWE at this point and TNA's roster seems to have a lot of guys with not much upside so it's going to be fun to try and push a few of them just for kicks whilst also building and turning over the roster into something more impressive. The indie scene is so loaded with talent but they're all quite young and need lots of seasoning which is good if you're planning on a long-term game.

Actually the Stampede Women's Pacific title should be left as is as in real life Dusty Adonis won it twice. However the title also wasn't active until 2005 so it could be made inactive for the start of the save.

Another dupe: Bradshaw and John Layfield

I don't see that either. For WWE he is wrestling under the alter-ego Bradshaw while in the worker section he is named John Layfield, could you be confusing this as a duplicate or do you have 2 separate entities listed in the worker section?