im sensing my first cap...

panix04

...following the news that england supremo sven goran erikkson has called up Theo walcott up to the England squad ahead of Darren Bent, Andy "AJ" Johnson and Jermaine Defoe i am now thinking maybe i have got a shot. Ok i have only played division 7 saturday league - but like Mr walcott i have never played a premier league game either!

Assuming Owen and Rooney aren't fit in time, that selection just leaves Crouch and Walcott as central strikers, which is the weakest strike force of any of the major nations IMO. I thought for sure they'd take either Bent or Beattie so at least they had a "proper" English center forward who can provide some power to lead the line - it's not like it'd would have been a gamble, just take them instead of Hargreaves who doesn't add anything to the team at all. Now it looks like Lampard and Gerrard are going to have to score all the goals from midfield instead.

i think i'd prefer frankie lampard up front, to crouchie tbh! Or if Walcott's in there because he's quick why not go with Defoe (as much as it hurts to say that being a hammers fan) As for hargreaves inclusion, isnt he steve mcmanaman in disguise? - its a crap disguise if he is! Ok he can play 2 or 3 positions but so can Phiilip Neville atleast he does a solid job in an england shirt (we'll forget about the odd penalty incident)

Archived