Clarity's Alternate Logos/Banners

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took a punt at Championship Wrestling From Wigan. With their Bio pitching them as a real mans promotion, I worked on a recreation of Wigan Warriors (a rugby club aka American Football without pads :D)

This was their logo next to the new CWW logo

Wigan-badge-2020.jpgCWW.png

and the in-game version

CWW.jpg

In the words of Trevor from Jagged Alliance 2:

BEAUTIFUL :D

Thanks a bunch, I am switching to these as we speak! :)

Edit: Now, I just need to learn how to create logos, so that I can create new ones for Uprising, Supreme TV, Elite and all the PPVs, with your template. I really love it, major props!

Edit: Now, I just need to learn how to create logos, so that I can create new ones for Uprising, Supreme TV, Elite and all the PPVs, with your template. I really love it, major props!

On that note.. For this logo I actually documented some of my process. What did I know about them already, what came to mind when I thought of it..

MindMap.jpg

The blackhole theme resonated with me so I sketched up a basic plan and then went hunting fonts (font name next to it for easy referral)

FontTest.png

Having settled on the Andtioh font, it just meant putting it all together.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

Started with a black circle and used that as a guideline to create a ring. Copious amounts of colour overlay and outerglow

Added a background and added a twirl effect at various speeds as it went out

Brought back up the background opacity, and added a lens flare to the top left

Finally added the font and....

MAW.pngMAW.jpg

Again, amazing work! I love the fact that you explained your process, at least, in part.

Also, I really did download gimp and created some very basic logos for the TV Shows and PPVs. :D

P.S. By ''very basic'' I mean as simple looking as possible, but hey, I tried. You really inspired me, so thanks! :)

Again, amazing work! I love the fact that you explained your process, at least, in part.

Also, I really did download gimp and created some very basic logos for the TV Shows and PPVs. :D

P.S. By ''very basic'' I mean as simple looking as possible, but hey, I tried. You really inspired me, so thanks! :)

If you'll indulge me with a few pointers.

1) YouTube.. get on there and search the hell out of photoshop tutorials. I used it as a refresher for creating circular text for the Wigan logo. Theres tons on there

2) Look into Font websites. 1001fonts, dafont, theres loads of free fonts that will do a lot of the heavy lifting for you

3) Stick em up.. Make them public. Seek feedback and critique

Thansk for the pointers! :)

I did actually start watching the video about GIMP on YouTube, there's a 2-hour version that goes pretty in depth. I didn't watch all of it, though, got my kids running around here like crazy :D

I didn't know about the fonts, that's great! I was disappointed with the lack of options, but now that I know where to look, I will download a bunch and experiment! :)

Lastly, I will definitely upload them at some point, as I know this community treats newbies very well, with honest but not condescending replies.