Game Log Issue

From the FOFC-BBCF league, week 3, my game against Wisconsin: [quote="Game Log"]Wisconsin ball, Q4, 3-1-NCST9 (10:21) 27-17 Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Quads, Play: Q-RB-corner-WR4-str Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 3-4, Play: 34-pass-MZ NC State ball, Q4, 1-10-NCST20 (09:49) 17-27 Offense: Outside Run, Set: Shotgun, Play: SG-RB-straight-LT Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-pass-Man-B10 RB G. Soto runs left end for -1 yards (SS R. Gomes).[/quote] I've seen others report this as well, including one game where it is apparently an INT (QB had an INT recorded in the stats that could not be found in the log, but there was a group like the above where the ball changes hands with no play result being shown).

Definitely not just interceptions that have missing play lines: [quote=Game Log]Missouri ball, Q2, 3-14-NCST35 (08:03) 14-3 Offense: Long Pass, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-TE-streak-SE-curl Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-pass-Man-B10 Missouri ball, Q2, 4-14-NCST35 (07:43) 14-3 Michael Murphy Punts 35 yards to the end zone, Touchback. [/quote]

I'm just reading my game log of my Wisconsin vs. Minnesota game in the FOFC-BBCF league. I'd like to post some (what I feel) are errors in the pbp, and some of the penalty decisions I run across. Here's one.... [I]Minnesota ball, Q1, 3-3-WIS28 (01:01) 0-7 Offense: Short Pass, Set: Shotgun, Play: SG-RB-streak-WR3-in Defense: Normal, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-norm-Man QB R. Mccloud throws an incomplete pass to WR F. Walker (SS R. Gomes). Minnesota ball, Q1, 4-3-WIS28 (00:53) 0-7 Edward Martin misses the 46 yard field goal. It will be Wisconsin ball at the WIS 28 False Start against WR Matthew Gutierrez on Minnesota. The Penalty is for 5 yards. The Defense will accept the penalty. It is now Fourth and 8 at the Wisconsin 33. Minnesota ball, Q1, 4-8-WIS33 (00:53) 0-7 Timothy Haley Punts 33 yards to the end zone, Touchback.[/I] That penalty should have been declined, I think.

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn]False starts are automatic penalties. The defense has no ability to decline them. If it was an illegal motion penalty, the defense could decline. But a false start is a dead ball foul which means the play is dead right from the snap.[/QUOTE] Then why was there a field goal attempt on a dead ball foul?

Archived