A full universe Made by the community mod?

A full universe Made by the community mod?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. A full universe Made by the community mod?

• Yes! i'm interseted in being part of it.
    • No! That sounds stupid.

So I'm Wondering if there would be any interest in making a community

universe? Everyone could make their own company with their own workers (of course there would be parameters). It could use the c-verse pictures or other renders so those of us that are not artistically gifted can be involved.

I think I could be alot of fun and would be very interesting to play through.

What does everyone think?

So I'm Wondering if there would be any interest in making a community

universe? Everyone could make their own company with their own workers (of course there would be parameters). It could use the c-verse pictures or other renders so those of us that are not artistically gifted can be involved.

I think I could be alot of fun and would be very interesting to play through.

What does everyone think?

There's actually been one in the works since at least TEW2008. ;)

There's actually been one in the works since at least TEW2008. ;)

I don't know how in the works you could call it. I think that died a few versions back.

Its been my experience that community mods are tough. Nothing wrong with them but just like diaries or mods themselves people get busy, they get started on something and it never gets completed. So others are left picking up the pieces and sometimes (usually) it seems like its someone that is kind of off doing their own thing so you're not sure what they have going on and with these games everything is intertwined and so then you have to go back and figure out whats tangled up in what. Then you have to find an artist that is willing to do 20-30 logos, another 20-30 tv shows, some event logos, renders, now you throw in stable logos and finding an artist that is willing to do that and not just do their own thing is rare.

There are some successful multi person mods but I wouldn't per say call them community mods as in random people that aren't really connected all join up to create a mod. I think I've seen three people mention it for this incarnation though so maybe you guys can all sync up and start something awesome. Best of luck just sharing what I've seen happen from an old timer around here's perspective :)

I don't know how in the works you could call it. I think that died a few versions back.

Its been my experience that community mods are tough. Nothing wrong with them but just like diaries or mods themselves people get busy, they get started on something and it never gets completed. So others are left picking up the pieces and sometimes (usually) it seems like its someone that is kind of off doing their own thing so you're not sure what they have going on and with these games everything is intertwined and so then you have to go back and figure out whats tangled up in what. Then you have to find an artist that is willing to do 20-30 logos, another 20-30 tv shows, some event logos, renders, now you throw in stable logos and finding an artist that is willing to do that and not just do their own thing is rare.

There are some successful multi person mods but I wouldn't per say call them community mods as in random people that aren't really connected all join up to create a mod. I think I've seen three people mention it for this incarnation though so maybe you guys can all sync up and start something awesome. Best of luck just sharing what I've seen happen from an old timer around here's perspective :)

I still have the data, still been working on it. It's one of the things that kept me going when 6 family members passed in 2013 and then my wife in 2017.

I actually released a beta for it 6 days before my wife passed.

I still have the data, still been working on it. It's one of the things that kept me going when 6 family members passed in 2013 and then my wife in 2017.

I actually released a beta for it 6 days before my wife passed.

Yeah I knew you put out a beta, I looked over my contribution and it was mostly intact from what I recall it being ten years ago. Its less of a community mod these days and more you being the caretaker of something that had a lot of potential that just never came to be. Maybe some of the guys interested in a new mod and some of the guys still interested in the old mod can help each other out. Bring the parts of the old mod over that people want to preserve and let the new guys get cracking on a "whole new world" (I've watched Aladdin too many times since this pandemic started. Damn you Disney+)

Ok I understand. It was just an idea. I'm glad that everyone that posted on here were respectful though unlike the 2 private messages I got. I hope you all enjoy the game when it releases.

I'm still gonna be working on the OG community mod. I welcome people that want to jump in and help or if you want to crank up another feel free despite those 2 pm's. I haven't made another thread on it for 2020 because of a few alterations I'm considering before moving forward.

This idea has been done before with another mod too that I worked on in the past called Gloryverse btw ^^ you can still do it of course I'm just making you aware of that :)

What is the point of pointing this out? You know that it was done plenty of times before the Gloryverse (I could name at least two off the top of my head) and nobody seemed to want to make you aware of that fact. I just find it odd that you would go out of your way to make that post.

@mstiles: It is a good idea but as Stennick has pointed out it is a tough thing to do. Often times these types of things just never come to be for a lot of reasons. Be it one person hogging the data (Which I was guilty of when I tried to do one.), people trying to become "stars" on the site and leaving the project to start something else, real life taking over.

With that being said, I would not want to discourage you or have you give up on this idea if it is something that you truly want to do. Just surround yourself with people who you think will support you towards the end goal. I would say do not listen to the people who sent you the private messages, as nobody has ownership of this sort of concept.

Or you could see what Hellshock is doing as he has offered. The mod he is talking about was one that I helped out on and it might be a fun experience seeing that mod come to life.