Anyone Else Miss Trainers?

One cool thing about EWR was that you didn't just have one trainer visible, but you could hire multiple trainers with the one with the best stat being the "Head Trainer".

In '16 it was also great being able to sign vets with great performance skills (Steve Flash was my go to) and making them a head trainer for my school.

It would be awesome to see something like that in '20. Not that they should scrap facilities or training equipment, but I'd like to see a seasoned wrestler overseeing everything.

Basically if you have a good head trainer you could get a small bonus chance to generating a above average-strong worker, and maybe to even things out you actually get slightly less of a bonus if you're running a Performance Center with a head trainer, since the facility all those guys in are such a well oiled monstrous machine it's a bit tougher for everyone to get that one-on-one love they get at a dojo and/or wrestler owned school.

Now more than anything the quality of training for the player is just reduced to a slider and how much money you have to throw at it. But I feel bringing back head trainers could add a funner, more challenging and more realistic experience.

What happens if I end up signing a vet with great performance skills but my facilities are shit?

Maybe the new personality system could come into play. What if I have a great facility, but my head trainer has negative personality traits?

Hell, in WMMA you could even run an Ultimate Fighter Scenario. What if something like that was added to TEW2020 that basically just worked like tough enough, with the AI picking winners and losers based off of their skill levels?

I assume many miss it. It sucks to have "names" replaced by out-of-the-industry professionals. It's not very realistic at all. I'm sure people like that are present at the performance center, but so were Bill DeMott, Sara Del Ray, Sarah Stock, etc. These are all people that would be "in the database" and definitely contributed to the daily practice of the center.

A psychologist can help with the implementation of ring psychology, but they're not going to instruct the wrestlers on it.

Personality of the head trainer could come into play. We've seen the whole drama around DeMott (talk of the devil :p). On the other hand a positive personality can take a protege or become friends outside of the job. There's a lot of options there. Due to the limitations of the demo we weren't able to test the feature much, but on the surface is seems more shallow than TEW16.

As for the reality show: wouldn't it make a lot more sense if we picked who advances? This isn't cagefighting... ;) I'm not really sure, but I don't think the AI "picks" the winner in WMMA. It simulates an invisible match. The most skilled fighter doesn't always win.