January 1991 Peaking Tides [Release]

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JamHead" data-cite="JamHead" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49480" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>New Japan left NWA in 1985 and rejoined in 1992.<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> That didn't stop Fujinami from winning the title in March 1991. I don't really think there was that much difference between their relationship with the NWA in '91 and '92 in practice.</p><p> </p><p> If anyone wants to realistically represent the WCW/NJPW/NWA relationship in 1991, they should just edit NJPW into the NWA a year early. It's probably the only way to actually run the WCW/NJPW supershows. Based on the way 2016 worked, I doubt there's any way to convince NJPW to join the NWA in 1992 once the game's begun anyway.</p>

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've ran into a problem and have no idea where to go with it. I don't think it's an issue with the mod per-se, but an issue.

WCW, in real life, leaves the NWA in January 1991. As similar to real life, I had WCW leave as well. The problem I've ran into is, Sting is still the NWA world champion and I can't find a way to vacate the title.

I would have assumed that once leaving the Alliance, if I have the world champion on my roster, that would cause the title to then be vacated. It doesn't. So how do I get the NWA world title off of Sting?

I also am at a crossroads with my other titles. They are NWA titles, which are, in the game, owned by WCW. Do I just edit the names from NWA (NWA US Champion) to WCW and continue the lineage, or retire the titles and make new WCW ones and put the same champions back on them?

I've ran into a problem and have no idea where to go with it. I don't think it's an issue with the mod per-se, but an issue.

WCW, in real life, leaves the NWA in January 1991. As similar to real life, I had WCW leave as well. The problem I've ran into is, Sting is still the NWA world champion and I can't find a way to vacate the title.

I would have assumed that once leaving the Alliance, if I have the world champion on my roster, that would cause the title to then be vacated. It doesn't. So how do I get the NWA world title off of Sting?

I also am at a crossroads with my other titles. They are NWA titles, which are, in the game, owned by WCW. Do I just edit the names from NWA (NWA US Champion) to WCW and continue the lineage, or retire the titles and make new WCW ones and put the same champions back on them?

Don't think there's anything you can do about Sting now. I vacated the belt before leaving the NWA in 2016's version of the data.

As for the rest of the belts, I just renamed them WCW because they were owned by WCW, not the NWA.

Sting will eventually lose it or the NWA will vacate it due to him not being able to defend it. As for the other NWA titles in WCW, those ARE the WCW titles. They continued the lineage from the NWA versions and just changed the name to WCW titles. In fact, the NWA US title is currently the WWE US title.

Also, new data updated. Nothing major beyond some attribute tweaks and some of the other things mentioned in the thread.

You did a great job with this mod dude. I'm still playing it daily. I've finished a full year as my company Wild West Wrestling. I've edited things along the way like some stats to my liking, I do that with any mod. I wish there was even more venues for certain areas like the Mid West. Also I think you could have set WWF and WCW taping schedule a little better. They taped a lot of shows 3 or 4 weeks in advance. Perhaps the AI booker will change that anyway, IDK. Great job and thank you!

You did a great job with this mod dude. I'm still playing it daily. I've finished a full year as my company Wild West Wrestling. I've edited things along the way like some stats to my liking, I do that with any mod. I wish there was even more venues for certain areas like the Mid West. Also I think you could have set WWF and WCW taping schedule a little better. They taped a lot of shows 3 or 4 weeks in advance. Perhaps the AI booker will change that anyway, IDK. Great job and thank you!

Thanks. I've had some fun working on it.

Venues are coming as soon as Asaemon finishes his venues addon. The AI will actually change the taping to multiple shows on its own, so I decided to just let it take care of it on its own.

Don't think there's anything you can do about Sting now. I vacated the belt before leaving the NWA in 2016's version of the data.

As for the rest of the belts, I just renamed them WCW because they were owned by WCW, not the NWA.

Yeah, I did just go and rename the titles to WCW.

As for Sting and the NWA title, I was going to vacate it prior to leaving the Alliance, but I couldn't find where I could vacate the title. I'm still trying to get used to the 2020 layout. It seems like many of the sections are "hidden."

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Henderson" data-cite="Henderson" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49480" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've ran into a problem and have no idea where to go with it. I don't think it's an issue with the mod per-se, but an issue.<p> </p><p> WCW, in real life, leaves the NWA in January 1991. As similar to real life, I had WCW leave as well. The problem I've ran into is, Sting is still the NWA world champion and I can't find a way to vacate the title.</p><p> </p><p> I would have assumed that once leaving the Alliance, if I have the world champion on my roster, that would cause the title to then be vacated. It doesn't. So how do I get the NWA world title off of Sting?</p><p> </p><p> I also am at a crossroads with my other titles. They are NWA titles, which are, in the game, owned by WCW. Do I just edit the names from NWA (NWA US Champion) to WCW and continue the lineage, or retire the titles and make new WCW ones and put the same champions back on them?</p></div></blockquote><p> WCW didn't leave the NWA until 1993. They began recognizing WCW-branded titles in January 1991, which is different. Flair held both the WCW and NWA World titles separately until he left WCW -- he was stripped of the WCW title when he was fired in June, but held onto the NWA title until he began showing up in the WWF in September, and then the title was back on WCW television throughout 1992 and 1993. Leaving the NWA or vacating the NWA World title at the point you're at does not reflect real life, so it's not a problem, just a choice you made.</p><p> </p><p> Also, there were really only two NWA championships at this point -- the men's and women's World titles. The NWA only introduced their own World Tag Team titles in 1992, in WCW (because WCW was still in the NWA). Every other "NWA" title was just a regional company using the NWA's name for credibility. All of those titles just changed their names and kept their lineage going. According to Wikipedia, there were THIRTEEN different versions of the NWA World Tag Team titles in 1957.</p>

So I have gotten over 6 months into this mod as WCW. I have Tom Zenk on an exclusive written deal, but literally every show he takes a morale hit for feeling isolated backstage. I even went into the editor and changed him to a people person to no avail. What is it that is causing this? Certainly it isn't supposed to be happening. I'm currently in the process of jobbing him out now to release him simply because he's a detriment. He torpedoes his own segments, and if he's going to act like a wuss then we're just better off without him.

Just wanted to throw it out there to see if anyone else has experienced it or knows what is causing it.

So I have gotten over 6 months into this mod as WCW. I have Tom Zenk on an exclusive written deal, but literally every show he takes a morale hit for feeling isolated backstage. I even went into the editor and changed him to a people person to no avail. What is it that is causing this? Certainly it isn't supposed to be happening. I'm currently in the process of jobbing him out now to release him simply because he's a detriment. He torpedoes his own segments, and if he's going to act like a wuss then we're just better off without him.

Just wanted to throw it out there to see if anyone else has experienced it or knows what is causing it.

It is because of personal relationships. He's got 3 strikes against him in Dusty, Martel, and Ole. Edit those relationships and he'll be fine.

So, I've forwarded a year and turned that save into a database, so I could start Jan 1992 and play as ECW. I'm using the real roster from that time and was thinking people like Jimmy Snuka, Ivan Koloff, and Don Muroco should have the "Easy To Do Business With" attribute so that they would be more willing to lose to the ECW wrestlers without rage quitting because they lost to JT Smith.

I actually think a lot of the old guys should have this as it was considered good for the business to put the next generation over.

What do you think?

Love the mod, by the way.

Small thing, but Kazushi Sakuraba is not in the database, he should as he debuted for UWFi in late 1993. Looking at the mod so far besides that's, it's looking good!

I'll look into getting him into the next patch.

The AAA should be Lucha Libre Entertainment, not Attitude Entertainment.

Companies will change products as time goes by. AAA start out with Lucharesu Entertainment

So, I've forwarded a year and turned that save into a database, so I could start Jan 1992 and play as ECW. I'm using the real roster from that time and was thinking people like Jimmy Snuka, Ivan Koloff, and Don Muroco should have the "Easy To Do Business With" attribute so that they would be more willing to lose to the ECW wrestlers without rage quitting because they lost to JT Smith.

I actually think a lot of the old guys should have this as it was considered good for the business to put the next generation over.

What do you think?

Love the mod, by the way.

I wouldn't say all of them. But I'll throw an older than 39 filter on the workers editor and look through them.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JamHead" data-cite="JamHead" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49480" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm unable to duplicate. Is this when starting a new game?<p> </p><p> Edit: Something in the 1.10 update borked it. I'll have a hotfix soon.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks!</p>

[...IMG...]

WCW's popularity in the upcoming patch. Japan was reduced to 30 each after this image was taken.

One year later. It doesn't seem to matter. As long as TBS is happy their pop goes up.

https://i.imgur.com/yDPjKoC.png

I'm a (little bit) late, but this looks good to me.

Any idea why WCW in that linked picture with those numbers in Jan 92 wasn't a Big company?

After listening to Taker's interview with Austin I think it's fair to say that Taker strongly disliked Ole Anderson after Ole told him "nobody will ever pay to see you wrestle".

Bobby Heenan had a troubled neck which led to him stop being on the road and being a manager.

------

This is not directed @ OP and not the smallest critique of the mod, but it's to me it just sucks seeing those salaries in the game, knowing the real numbers, and far apart they are.

The Brian Pillman number is ok (~200k per year when IRL his base contract that he signed in 1992 under Kip Frey was 225k + bonuses that would get him to 280k), but the numbers that Heyman, Ventura and Jim Ross are making ... man.

Heyman's contact in 1992 was 275k, on the same level as a main event level heel. In this mod, even before he's elivated through his year with the Dangerous Alliance, he's making half a million per year.

If you wanna lock Jesse Ventura up you either have to pay him almost 1 million dollars if you pay him per month, or only 72k if you per him for 60 shows per year. IRL he was making 350k in 1992.

I don't know exactly what JR was making back then, but only after Ventura got that monster contract, announcers were valued a lot more. It's fair to assume JR was in the 150-200k margin, and certainly not making half a million like in the mod.

I'm a (little bit) late, but this looks good to me.

Any idea why WCW in that linked picture with those numbers in Jan 92 wasn't a Big company?

After listening to Taker's interview with Austin I think it's fair to say that Taker strongly disliked Ole Anderson after Ole told him "nobody will ever pay to see you wrestle".

Bobby Heenan had a troubled neck which led to him stop being on the road and being a manager.

------

This is not directed @ OP and not the smallest critique of the mod, but it's to me it just sucks seeing those salaries in the game, knowing the real numbers, and far apart they are.

The Brian Pillman number is ok (~200k per year when IRL his base contract that he signed in 1992 under Kip Frey was 225k + bonuses that would get him to 280k), but the numbers that Heyman, Ventura and Jim Ross are making ... man.

Heyman's contact in 1992 was 275k, on the same level as a main event level heel. In this mod, even before he's elivated through his year with the Dangerous Alliance, he's making half a million per year.

If you wanna lock Jesse Ventura up you either have to pay him almost 1 million dollars if you pay him per month, or only 72k if you per him for 60 shows per year. IRL he was making 350k in 1992.

I don't know exactly what JR was making back then, but only after Ventura got that monster contract, announcers were valued a lot more. It's fair to assume JR was in the 150-200k margin, and certainly not making half a million like in the mod.

I don't have that sim save anymore, but I think it was because they rose to large once and then fell back to medium shortly after. They were in the cooling off period so it coudn't officially raise to large again for a while.

Yeah, I wish there was some sort of finance setting for decade and inflation. Several workers had predetermined contracts when I converted, but I mass edited them all out. If I hadn't you'd have tons of people demanding raises and they would have just ended up pretty much there anyway.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rawisericho" data-cite="Rawisericho" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49480" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm confused, I'd like to download this mod but is it a 2016 conversion or a real 2020 mod?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Both? It is already converted from 2016 and has had a lot of work done on it since being turned into a 2020 database.</p>