100.thumb.jpg.b05b4e1d8fa90753b1db675d38ec3780.jpg

I finally did it. I beat the road to glory. After literally a quarter of a year in real life, 5 years and 7 months in game, I finally beat this challenge. And needless to say, what a hell of a save it was. It was my longest, and probably my most favorite save. Now I can finally see what else I can do on this game. Maybe make a mod, maybe another road to glory, a local to global, I guess I'll have to see.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Aidenw723 said:

100.thumb.jpg.b05b4e1d8fa90753b1db675d38ec3780.jpg

I finally did it. I beat the road to glory. After literally a quarter of a year in real life, 5 years and 7 months in game, I finally beat this challenge. And needless to say, what a hell of a save it was. It was my longest, and probably my most favorite save. Now I can finally see what else I can do on this game. Maybe make a mod, maybe another road to glory, a local to global, I guess I'll have to see.

image.thumb.png.dc9e28fcd53a10c840bc15d96c66e599.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

image.png.01d7df651584be8d5c7a3987ebd8954c.pngimage.thumb.png.df26df6ffd32406538798dc1855af0c8.png

Better late than never right? 

WCW, South Australia, CVAI Mod, let's see how far this goes

p.s 
chose option 2 of character creation, brawler.

Edited by wyldekr

I've been making a few attempts at this running a women's fed out of Britain and initially struggled a lot with shipping workers in from around the world, but I finally have a run that's going well so I figured I would post about it. Dayalan's render was made by Sockpuppet in the render thread and the London SS graphics shamelessly stolen from willr0ck's Women's Revolution mod, but I only used those graphics and didn't bring in any workers from the mod.

Dayalan at Start.png

Company at Start no Owner.png

I started with no owner and ended up with Leo Price, who gave me the owner goals of not dropping below #36 in company rankings, not hiring any workers with the MMA Crossover style and not hiring any workers over 42. My first show was rated 54 and I had a 57 rated tag match teaming with Christy Higgens vs Lilly and Rose which gave me my first 2 destiny rolls. 20: You can dance if you wanna +10 safety and 32: As real as it gets +10 split between toughness and menace add one of the 3 pro fighter attributes, put all 10 in toughness and added boxer.

Yu Hashimoto walked out of 5SSW in February so I hired her in time for my March show and made her my first champion, she paid me back by immediately relocating to Southern England after her first show with me.

A bunch more people relocated, Dayalan got her first shape change to get 77 star quality, finally started making money in July, released Thea Davis to cut costs after she tore her rotator cuff working for 5SSW and got my year end destiny roll 43: It's not arrogance if you can back it up add Plays Swagger Well and Selfish Performer attributes.

In January Dayalan debuted a swagger gimmick which got an initial rating of poor, just my luck, but I did finally make it into the black. I'm now thinking about expanding a little, though I'm not sure if I should add a second show each month in Northern England to spread some extra pop and get Dayalan more experience, or add a few new girls to the roster. I also really need to upgrade my music value so I don't get fined. All while the economy and industry are circling the drain.

First 50 rated match and show.png

Finances end of year 1.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've wanted to do this challenge for a long time. I am using the RWC April 2024 database. I will give yearly updates alongside with all the major stuff to go with it! I am looking forward to this one! Also, I just noticed the double "The" I am going to fix that lol

NEOeLh8.png

a8IS3iv.png

RP2CRw2.png

• Like 1

Alright the first year is done, well it is 2025 at least. It hasn't been 12 months yet since the game started in April. Still, we've made some great leaps. Both British Columbia and Northwest, USA, have hit 7 pop while Toronto is 4. I run three shows a month, all free, in each region. BC being the home region and where I put on the biggest matches. And my money is finally coming around.

viiBb2I.png

Nicole Matthews is my top star, and with her Psychology and solid skills, she has matches with the youngest of my workers, along with Christina Von Eerie, Cat Power, and Alexia Nicole for the Rising Star Femme Fatale belt. 7 successful defenses so far.

My UC Tegan Raines has Great chemistry when teaming with Super Scorpion, a new gen, who also came with the prodigy attribute AND a decent set of Top Row skills and a great set of Fundamental Skills. Her rolls have been great so far, as well.

Sunday, Week 1, October 2024
First 50+ Rated Show
Rolled:
17. "Chance to Train" You have been offered the chance to train with a Wrestling Legend. Gain +20 points to spend on any Fundamental skill. (Basics, Selling, Consistency, Safety & Psychology) +20 into Psychology

Sunday, Week 1, November 2024
First 50+ Rated Match
Rolled:
12. "Fists and Feet of Fury" Heavy bag, speed bag, heavy bag, speed bag…you’ve been working hard, +10 to your Brawling, Puroresu or Hardcore skill +10 to Puroresu

Monday, Week 1, January 2025
23. “Quick Learner” You suddenly have an eureka moment in the ring +10 to Experience Skill

gxkpgrM.png

Alright second year is done, and we've been in the black for awhile now. I've been running 4 shows a month now: British Columbia, Ontario, Kanto, and Northwest. With BC and Northwest at 16 pop, Ontario at 11, and Kanto at 4. Haven't cracked the 70 rating show or match yet. Nicole Matthews lost the Femme Fatale title to my UC Tegan Raines at the Seattle show at the end of June. Thinking of having her drop it back to Nicole as she puts on the better matches, but it has also been good for Tegan as well.

Anyways, 2026 is looking to be a great year for Rising Stars. We will advance in size, upgrade merchandise for the third time, and probably keep it there for a bit. Then add some more workers, got a few shortlisted. Hopefully this year will have nothing crazy in store.

qgie6Os.png

Monday, Week 1, December 2025
Tegan Raines Increased in size from Very Small to Small - Random Event

Monday, Week 1, January 2026
Rolled:
30. “Casting Call" You have been cast in a small TV show, next stop Hollywood! +10 points to spend across Charisma and Acting. Also add TV Actor to Misc for your character. If previously your character had "TV Actor" add "Movie Star" +10 Charisma

FD7Ogm8.png

Year 3 is in the books! Tegan grew A LOT. And I got some great rolls, as well. Nicole Matthews retired and now does commentary for the group, as well as a pretty good road agent for Rising Stars size. Tegan won the Femme Fatale title again this year off of a surging Lena Kross. She must have gotten a great roll as her stats are damn good, she's cheap, and regularly puts in performance of the nights.

qccctEs.png

Monday, Week 2, January 2026
Rose To Tiny
Rolled:
33. "Runaway Runway" Can't always be easy being a wrestler, at least you've got your modelling career to fall back on. +10 points to spend between Sex Appeal and Star Quality. Add Modelling Experience to your character +10 Star Quality

First 75+ Rated Show
Monday, Week 3, August 2026
Rolled:
44. "Living the Gimmick" You are now comfortable playing a role and you know it takes time to build a story, add "Plays Gimmicky/Cartoonish Well" and “Slow and Steady” to your attributes if you choose +Better As A Babyface

First 75+ Rated Match
Monday, Week 4, October 2026
38. “User Character 3:16”. You can’t print t-shirts quickly enough! Add ‘A Marketing Dream’ to you character. Add +10 to your Star Quality (I cheered when I got this roll)

Monday, Week 1, January 2027
35. “Whose line is it anyway?” You have taken some improv training to get better on the mic. Add ‘Improv Training’ to your character. +10 points to spend across Charisma and Microphone. +10 Charisma

Been a great year for Star Quality rolls. +20 as well as 2 that just came naturally. She's the Figurehead of Rising Star with her high popularity, thanks to a good broadcasting deal with internetwrestling.tv

W15XKdT.png

Onwards through year 4! I should hit small with Rising Stars. Also been pumping merchandise, and that's paid off. Not sure what happened to the workers' wages. I know a lot moved to BC or close to it, maybe that is it?

x0A5Flk.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, batnuna said:

I haven't took the jump until now, but this looks fun. Really looking forward to trying this when the new game comes out.

I just found out about the new game today and I am thinking about potential changes. I'll probably keep this thread going while I test a few RTG games when the new game is out and evolve the rules accordingly.

Second RTG completion, this time using the CV77 mod. I was going to try a diary where I played 50 years and tried to get as many RTG completions as possible but that will have to wait for the new game now.

100 Match.webp

• Like 1

Updated Hall of Fame. Let me know if I have missed you out:

2020 Road to Glory Hall of Fame:

Calvin King (Chisoku)

Calvin King defeated Jay Chord

Pro Wrestling Eternal - PWE Unscripted - Sunday, Week 4, April 2026 (5 years, 4 months)

Raymond Mathers (Evilman) 

CV22 Mod

Tsubouchi & Furusawa defeated Notorious and Booths Matter

Big Smack Wrestling - BSW Clash 76 - Monday, Week 2, July 2027 (5 years, 7 months)

Revel (Evilman)

CV97 Mod

Tommy Cornell defeated Revel

FUSION - The Last Dance 2005 - Sunday, Week 4, December 2006 (9 Years)

Chloe Chaos (Bad Collin)

Chloe Chaos defeated Shiori Jippensha

Valkrie Pro Wrestling - Winter Warfare 2029 - Saturday, Week 4, December 2029 (10 Years)

Aaron Phoenix (Aidenw723)

CV97 Mod

Aaron Phoenix defeated Yosuke Narita

Supreme Wrestling Federation - Supreme Challenge 21 - Thursday, Week 2, July 2002 (5 Years, 7 Months)

'Superperm' Kevin Burn (Bad Collin)

CV77 Mod

Rocket Burn (Kevin Burn and Ryusei Kanai) drew with Wild Men (Robbie Gordon and Major Havoc)

QUEST Heritage Wrestling - Quest Calling XXIX - Saturday, Week 2, May 1983 (6 years, 5 months)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I'm just using this post to collate announcements for TEW IX which may affect RTG games:

• Creative Ideas - Creative Finishes could make getting 100 easier?
  • Extended Bankruptcy Grace Period - 3 years grace period before going bankrupt
  • New Owner Goals - New goals should keep things interesting, goals are more specific too
  • Enhanced Eras - An era change roll could be really interesting
  • More Realistic Avatars - User talents are gone! No more Iron Fist / Velvet Glove. Do we need to put points into booking/business skill at the start?
  • Crowd Heat Display - Should make managing the crowd easier
  • Wrestling And Crowd Ratings - More info to help see who is worth pushing
  • Lower Attendance Levels - Will make it harder to make money (and presumably grow pop)
  • Owner-Booker Relationships - Owner goals affected by your relationship, be nice to them!
  • Attribute Additions - More attributes to spend your 750 points on
Edited by Bad Collin
  • Like 2