Which preferences do you use?

Fog of War: On - Makes sense that a worker's skills are only partially known until they've had plenty of matches.

Show stats as grades rather than numbers: Off - Numbers are more accurate.

Owner Goals are turned on: On - I don't often play as booker but when I do, I want this turned on. Otherwise, why not just play as owner? This changes the gameplay experience.

Penalties for small rosters are turned on: Off - Pointless punishment for small companies who aren't rich. Fans don't care about this, they just want to see good shows.

Penalties for repetitive booking are turned on: On - Nobody likes seeing the same thing over and over again. Too easy to spam matches with high chemistry and cheese the game without this.

Crowd management is turned on: Off - The only company in the world that books like this is WWE. It's a company I despise, I have no desire to emulate them and in real life this rule only makes their shows worse.

Gimmick effects are turned on: On - It's annoying when a gimmick fails for no good reason when a worker exceeds the requirements but a legendary gimmick really spices things up.

Worker morale effects are turned on: On - I find the management aspect as interesting (if not moreso) than the booking of shows, and this is part of it.

Locker room morale effects are turned on: On - See above.

"Dirt Sheet" match breakdown is hidden: Off - Lol why would I hide this? Why don't I just hide my finances and roster too? Assuming I'm an owner who actually watches his own company's shows, I'd know everything in the Dirt Sheet. Oh hey, maybe that's what this option is for, owners who don't know anything about wrestling - they don't know when a match is too long, when a finish is poor, when a worker is being lazy because he has low morale. Turn this "on" for a Dixie Carter simulator.

Your PPV buy rates are e-mailed to you: Off - Whether a 0.5 or a 1.0 is good or bad depends on my company, my broadcaster, etc. There are too many variables for this to be useful. The two indicators I watch are whether my popularity increased or decreased after a show, and whether the quality of the show surpasses the broadcaster's requirements. All else is spam.

Your TV ratings are e-mailed to you: Off - See above.

Industry and economy effects are turned on: On - Some things are beyond your control. What makes you a good owner is not whether or not your crowds decline, but what you do when they decline.

Pre booking reminders are turned on: On - I never use pre booking but if I did, I probably wouldn't forget what I booked. Turn "off" for Dixie Carter simulator.

Booking times are turned on: Off - I'll voluntarily stick to my TV show's time limit for the sake of immersion, but I want my 10 hour Japanese supercard on PPV.

Match ratios are turned on: Off - Not every TV show or PPV has to follow the same format, and I don't want to adjust my product after every event to avoid penalties. My crowds will get wrestling and angles, and a reasonable mix of both for their tastes, but I'm not going to time it with a stopwatch to get them to an arbitrary percentage.

"Left off show" complaints are turned on: Off - My written contract guys are getting a paid day off if I don't book them, and I never told the PPA freelance guys they'd be getting booked in the first place, why would they complain? Also, it's hilarious how they love me when I give them time off in the bonuses section, yet hate me when I give them time off by not booking them. Just disable this to avoid illogical complaints.

Match aim requirements are turned on: Off - TEW2016's most annoying handcuffs - restrictive, nonsensical, and unrealistic. I don't need these tags to designate which of my matches are comedy or car crashes, that's very evident without them.

Momentum effects are turned on: On - Booking doesn't make a lot of sense without this, you can't just throw a loser into a main event and expect it to get the same rating as if he'd won his last 10 matches, regardless of overness. When I find this system too harsh I cheese the game by booking some "major success" angles.

Sex appeal requirements are turned on: Off - I like sex appeal but I don't require the game to inform me how much is necessary.

Worker overuse penalties are turned on: Off - Not a bad idea in theory but too harsh in practice. I like the idea of being able to base a single TV show around a midcarder finally getting a shot. If he sucks that'll be in the rating anyway, he doesn't need another penalty on top of that. It would make more sense if this penalty was based on how often he was used in a month (or even a few months) rather than a single show.

Production effects are turned on: On - Outgunning other companies with presentation is a real thing. It's kinda stupid to watch all my opponents overspending on this and then collapsing into bankruptcy three months later, making me suffer all those penalties due to bad AI, but whatever.

Lifestyle effects are turned on: On - Heavy drug use would effect in-ring performance so this makes sense.

Show main events at the top of lists: On - This is how it's done irl but doesn't effect gameplay either way.

I keep everything default. I agree with everything that have been said. Some time, some of the preference are a bit unrealistic. But I keep them anyway because of the challenge it provide. It may be a problem with me but I feel like I am cheating if I turn them off. The only one I am scare to use is the pre booking.

I have a quick question about preferences: do any of them change the search feature to not save your previous search? For example, when I search workers for only a certain type and then next time it defaults to open what workers I previously searched for instead of resetting the fields.

<p>Only things I have off are:</p><p>

</p><ul><li>New style colored lists<br /></li><li>Mandatory Pre-Booking for TV<br /></li><li>Industry & Economy<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p>

I haven't actually done a TV Show in this version yet, but conceptually I don't think mandatory pre-booking makes sense for something that airs weekly.</p><p> </p><p>

I just haven't found Industry and Economy to add much to the game. Maybe if I played with National/Multi-national sized companies it might be more interesting. Otherwise it's just numbers that multiply everything for all companies in the same area, which doesn't feel like it really adds much to the games I'm playing.</p>

Fog of War: On - Makes sense that a worker's skills are only partially known until they've had plenty of matches.

Show stats as grades rather than numbers: Off - Numbers are more accurate.

Owner Goals are turned on: On - I don't often play as booker but when I do, I want this turned on. Otherwise, why not just play as owner? This changes the gameplay experience.

Penalties for small rosters are turned on: Off - Pointless punishment for small companies who aren't rich. Fans don't care about this, they just want to see good shows.

Penalties for repetitive booking are turned on: On - Nobody likes seeing the same thing over and over again. Too easy to spam matches with high chemistry and cheese the game without this.

Crowd management is turned on: Off - The only company in the world that books like this is WWE. It's a company I despise, I have no desire to emulate them and in real life this rule only makes their shows worse.

Gimmick effects are turned on: On - It's annoying when a gimmick fails for no good reason when a worker exceeds the requirements but a legendary gimmick really spices things up.

Worker morale effects are turned on: On - I find the management aspect as interesting (if not moreso) than the booking of shows, as this is part of it.

Locker room morale effects are turned on: On - See above.

"Dirt Sheet" match breakdown is hidden: Off - Lol why would I hide this? Why don't I just hide my finances and roster too? Assuming I'm an owner who actually watches his own company's shows, I'd know everything in the Dirt Sheet. Oh hey, maybe that's what this option is for, owners who don't know anything about wrestling - they don't know when a match is too long, when a finish is poor, when a worker is being lazy because he has low morale. Turn this "on" for a Dixie Carter simulator.

Your PPV buy rates are e-mailed to you: Off - Whether a 0.5 or a 1.0 is good or bad depends on my company, my broadcaster, etc. There are too many variables for this to be useful. The two indicators I watch are whether my popularity increased or decreased after a show, and whether the quality of the show surpasses the broadcaster's requirements. All else is spam.

Your TV ratings are e-mailed to you: Off - See above.

Industry and economy effects are turned on: On - Some things are beyond your control. What makes you a good owner is not whether or not your crowds decline, but what you do when they decline.

Pre booking reminders are turned on: On - I never use pre booking but if I did, I probably wouldn't forget what I booked. Turn "off" for Dixie Carter simulator.

Booking times are turned on: Off - I'll voluntarily stick to my TV show's time limit for the sake of immersion, but I want my 10 hour Japanese supercard on PPV.

Match ratios are turned on: Off - Not every TV show or PPV has to follow the same format, and I don't want to adjust my product after every event to avoid penalties. My crowds will get wrestling and angles, and a reasonable mix of both for their tastes, but I'm not going to time it with a stopwatch to get them to an arbitrary percentage.

"Left off show" complaints are turned on: Off - My written contract guys are getting a paid day off if I don't book them, and I never told the PPA freelance guys they'd be getting booked in the first place, why would they complain? Also, it's hilarious how they love me when I give them time off in the bonuses section, yet hate me when I give them time off by not booking them. Just disable this to avoid illogical complaints.

Match aim requirements are turned on: Off - TEW2016's most annoying handcuffs - restrictive, nonsensical, and unrealistic. I don't need these tags to designate which of my matches are comedy or car crashes, that's very evident without them.

Momentum effects are turned on: On - Booking doesn't make a lot of sense without this, you can't just throw a loser into a main event and expect it to get the same rating as if he'd won his last 10 matches, regardless of overness. When I find this system too harsh I cheese the game by booking some "major success" angles.

Sex appeal requirements are turned on: Off - I like sex appeal but I don't require the game to inform me how much is necessary.

Worker overuse penalties are turned on: Off - Not a bad idea in theory but too harsh in practice. I like the idea of being able to base a single TV show around a midcarder finally getting a shot. If he sucks that'll be in the rating anyway, he doesn't need another penalty on top of that. It would make more sense if this penalty was based on how often he was used in a month (or even a few months) rather than a single show.

Production effects are turned on: On - Outgunning other companies with presentation is a real thing. It's kinda stupid to watch all my opponents overspending on this and then collapsing into bankruptcy three months later, making me suffer all those penalties due to bad AI, but whatever.

Lifestyle effects are turned on: On - Heavy drug use would effect in-ring performance so this makes sense.

Show main events at the top of lists: On - This is how it's done irl but doesn't effect gameplay either way.

Pretty much ditto.

I have a quick question about preferences: do any of them change the search feature to not save your previous search? For example, when I search workers for only a certain type and then next time it defaults to open what workers I previously searched for instead of resetting the fields.

Right click the search button it reset the filters