[BETA RELEASE] T-Zone presents January 1997 - The War Rages On

Just booked an episode of Raw. If someone can explain this to me...

Main Event: HHH & SCSA v Goldust & Hart - 78

Segment 5: Angle feat. Sid and HBK - 81

Segment 4: Mankind v Rocky Maivia - 70

Segment 3: Angle with Taker, Mankind and Vader - 83

Segment 2: Taker v Sincere - 66

Opener: Angle with Bret, SCSA, Goldust and HHH - 91

Show rating - 58!?

First thing that comes to mind.....how many "hot" storylines are you required to have, and how many do you actually have?

Also, How many storylines did you advance in the show?

The penalty for not meeting the above can ding a show pretty heavily.

First thing that comes to mind.....how many "hot" storylines are you required to have, and how many do you actually have?

Also, How many storylines did you advance in the show?

The penalty for not meeting the above can ding a show pretty heavily.

All of my storylines are considered hot as they are the default, and I advanced four.

All of my storylines are considered hot as they are the default, and I advanced four.

How far into the save are you? I just looked at the default storylines and only 3 of the 5 are considered "hot" at the start of a save. WWF's product requires 5 at 70+ heat and two of the starting storylines are only at 65. Unless you have increased the heat of those two storylines or started others that are above 70, then there is the issue.....you would get a major penalty for not having enough "interesting" storylines going on for your product.

Show rating - 58!?

Possibly not enough angle time. TV shows for WWF are expected to be 60% angles and 40% matches.

Show rating - 58!?

One thing I'd suggest is skim through an episode of RAW from the time, and try to match the segment times. I did this with a 2006 save on TEW2016, and it helped my numbers exponentially. I use Freestyle Angles to do VTRs like intros, backstage stuff, etc. Make sure you have enough angles, especially with Attitude WWF.

I think eras need to be adjusted a bit:

- First one starts in December 1997 (game starts in January 1997).

- There are a few months that are in-between eras (so it defaults to the default era).

I think these workers could have their stats and/or popularity toned down a bit (they are a bit overpowered compared to others):

Carlos Colon

Dennis Rodman

Dusty Rhodes

Gary Coleman

Harley Race

Jake Roberts

Jay Leno

Jimmy Snuka

Mike Tyson

Mil Mascaras

Pamela Anderson

Pete Rose

Stan Hansen

William Shatner

I would also adjust Shane McMahon's potential and possible roles so that he could be a Wrestler and have reasonable stats. He started wrestling in December 1998. I think it could be done by adjusting his potential or adding a narrative "Worker fulfills potential" set at a later date.

Ref: http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers/shane-mcmahon-285.html?res=5000

I think Vince McMahon could also be adjusted to be able to be used as a wrestler with reasonable stats.

Ref: http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers/vince-mcmahon-278.html?res=5000

I also suggest adding the attribute "Wrestling In The Blood" to:

- Terry Funk

- Eric Bischoff

- Shane McMahon

- Stephanie McMahon

- Hulk Hogan

- Kevin Nash

- Terry Funk

- Bret Hart

- Sting

- Glenn Jacobs

As well as adding the attribute "Desperado" to:

- Shane McMahon

- Hulk Hogan

- Kevin Nash

- Bret Hart

- Shawn Michaels

- Sting

- Glenn Jacobs

I think eras need to be adjusted a bit:

- First one starts in December 1997 (game starts in January 1997). This is intentional

- There are a few months that are in-between eras (so it defaults to the default era). I will take a look at this

I think these workers could have their stats and/or popularity toned down a bit (they are a bit overpowered compared to others):

Carlos Colon

Dennis Rodman

Dusty Rhodes

Gary Coleman

Harley Race

Jake Roberts

Jay Leno

Jimmy Snuka

Mike Tyson

Mil Mascaras

Pamela Anderson

Pete Rose

Stan Hansen

William Shatner

Some may be a little high i will have a check

I also suggest adding the attribute "Wrestling In The Blood" to:

- Terry Funk

- Eric Bischoff

- Shane McMahon

- Stephanie McMahon

- Hulk Hogan

- Kevin Nash

- Terry Funk

- Bret Hart

- Sting

- Glenn Jacobs

As well as adding the attribute "Desperado" to:

- Shane McMahon

- Hulk Hogan

- Kevin Nash

- Bret Hart

- Shawn Michaels

- Sting

- Glenn Jacobs

This is again something I will take a look at however I'm not sure I agree on all of them and some i could have sworn were already done like Funk

Couple of other points..

Agers will be the last thing done if done at all as they are not something that really bothers me as a user is quite capable of changing a picture themselves and they don't really work if the user goes a different direction to real life...like for example taker picture changing to aba when the user never dies that change in their game.

To the guy who got the ipw hard-core logo were you meaning iwa hard-core the Tony condello promotion?

<p>alot of realationships are missing for example:</p><p>

eddy and chavo jr. blood relative</p><p>

edge and christian best friends</p><p>

hennig and rude strong friendship</p><p>

pillman and hart family</p><p>

and alot more</p><p>

also alot of title history is missing like rick rude and brian pillman wcw titles.</p><p>

and more.</p><p> </p><p>

besides that this is a great mod love playing it!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jarelskovic" data-cite="Jarelskovic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49922" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>alot of realationships are missing for example:<p> eddy and chavo jr. blood relative</p><p> edge and christian best friends</p><p> hennig and rude strong friendship</p><p> pillman and hart family</p><p> and alot more</p><p> also alot of title history is missing like rick rude and brian pillman wcw titles.</p><p> and more.</p><p> </p><p> besides that this is a great mod love playing it!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Whilst I appreciate the feedback saying things like "and more" does not really help identify what else you think is missing</p><p> </p><p> For example i have just looked and rick rude one time wcw us title is in as is pillman and his 1 tag title reign in wcw</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="forlan" data-cite="forlan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49922" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Whilst I appreciate the feedback saying things like "and more" does not really help identify what else you think is missing<p> </p><p> For example i have just looked and rick rude one time wcw us title is in as is pillman and his 1 tag title reign in wcw</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> relationships missing:</p><p> british bulldog\the rest of hart family\jim neidhart-strong friendships or loyalty.</p><p> benoit\eddy guerrero\dean malenko- strong friendships.</p><p> vince mcmahon\undertaker- loyalty.</p><p> </p><p> titles and lineages missing:</p><p> wcw light heavyweight (pillman) </p><p> WCW International World Heavyweight (rude).</p>

<p>Relationships wise the ones you mention have been brought up and altered for next release already..if you think of anymore let me know. </p><p> </p><p>

Titles I get you now.. you mean defunct titles..i will look at adding those in and again if you think if any more just let me know. Where I was confused at first was I was thinking you meant they were not assigned to their existing title reigns</p>

To make the game more interesting for the player, I suggest adjusting these:

1) Companies relationships: WWF / WCW - Opinion of WCW: Extremely negative - Opinion of WWF: Extremely negative

It makes both companies try to compete more against each other and way less likely to accept "positive actions" between each others.

As mentioned in the help guide, companies will slowly move towards a "Neutral" opinion based on what happens between them.

2) Set WWF Superstars as dormant

It aired mostly summaries in 1997.

Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWF_Superstars_of_Wrestling

3) Change WWF Raw's length to 2h

The actual change happened February 3 1997 which is quite close to the start date of the mod.

It'll make it more interesting for the player as Nitro and Raw will have the same length.

The first hour could be considered the adjustment of WWF Superstars as dormant which is suggested above.

Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_WWE_Raw

4) Change WWF Raw's episodes to be taped one at a time

Will go well with suggested changes above.

5) Set WCW WorldWide as dormant

There was actually a time when the set was unavailable. No shows were shot there between November 1996 and May 1997.

First WCW WorldWide shows in 1997 aired in July.

Text from wikipedia: The last set of tapings at Disney occurred in November 1996 and aired in February 1997;

afterward, Disney evicted WCW from the studio space it was using and the company moved the set across Orlando to Universal Studios Florida, where a new set was eventually constructed.

Ref:

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=106695&page=10

https://www.ranker.com/list/full-list-of-wcw-worldwide-episodes/reference

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WCW_WorldWide

Thanks for the suggestions

1. I will look at changing the companies opinions of one another

2. There were still original content matches on superstars as of the start of 1997 so that will stay.

3. As this is a mod covering from January and some people like to mimic real life closely which is the purpose of a historical mod raw will be staying at one hour with two taped at a time. The reason for this is that it would be immaculate to the tine period go change it to two hours. For example in my game I am running I waited until post rumble to go two hours live..it is very easy for the end user to do this so there is no need to sacrifice historical accuracy.

4. Answered in 3

5. I will consider making worldwide dormant as wcw has a lot if shows already

5) Set WCW WorldWide as dormant

There was actually a time when the set was unavailable. No shows were shot there between November 1996 and May 1997.

First WCW WorldWide shows in 1997 aired in July.

Text from wikipedia: The last set of tapings at Disney occurred in November 1996 and aired in February 1997;

afterward, Disney evicted WCW from the studio space it was using and the company moved the set across Orlando to Universal Studios Florida, where a new set was eventually constructed.

5. I will consider making worldwide dormant as wcw has a lot if shows already

I have all of wcw worldwide from 1997 and every show has matches on them, so I'd keep it active unless you feel wcw has too many tv shows.

I have all of wcw worldwide from 1997 and every show has matches on them, so I'd keep it active unless you feel wcw has too many tv shows.

Were they pre-taped matches, matches that also aired on other TV shows (Nitro, Saturday Night or Pro) or new exclusive matches? Was the show format like Nitro and Saturday Night?

I'm unsure if WCW Pro aired entirely exclusive matches in January 1997 or if it had a percentage of summaries.

Were they pre-taped matches, matches that also aired on other TV shows (Nitro, Saturday Night or Pro) or new exclusive matches? Was the show format like Nitro and Saturday Night?

I'm unsure if WCW Pro aired entirely exclusive matches in January 1997 or if it had a percentage of summaries.

Worldwide were pre-taped matches from disney mgm studios (jan-feb) and universal studios (from march on). It also included highlights from nitro.

WCW Pro would be the same format as worldwide with pre-taped matches at universal studios but using a different set.

WCW Main Event was more of a recap show with highlights from Nitro, showing matches from saturday night and pro and usually 1 exclusive match which was pre-taped dark match from nitro.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="miamarsden" data-cite="miamarsden" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49922" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Have you considered any other products or years like 98, 99, 95? It would be cool to see more years from you.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Once I get 97 totally to the standard I want i was thinking of using it as a base for a 1998 mod</p>

Worldwide were pre-taped matches from disney mgm studios (jan-feb) and universal studios (from march on). It also included highlights from nitro.

WCW Pro would be the same format as worldwide with pre-taped matches at universal studios but using a different set.

WCW Main Event was more of a recap show with highlights from Nitro, showing matches from saturday night and pro and usually 1 exclusive match which was pre-taped dark match from nitro.

This. Though (if it matters) Worldwide usually aired on a one week delay for some reason (at least it did in the KC market), while Pro was up to date. To my knowledge Pro was also on TBS at the very beginning of the year on Sunday afternoons, before making the transition to syndication, though I could be wrong about that (Pro was syndicated on late Saturday nights in my market, whereas Worldwide was on Saturday Afternoons, so I watched much of the latter and very little of the former). I know it was on TBS at least through the fall of 1996 (Glacier actually debuted on Pro in 96, before he had his "official" debut match on the following Nitro).

Not sure if this is mentioned, but in my save I added some more announcer experience, you might want to add including

Jim Ross & Tony Schivone (Worked together in WCW)

Jim Ross & Bobby Heenan (In his book he mentioned how well they worked together in WCW and early WWF)

Vince McMahon & Jesse Ventura (Classic WWF pairing)

Bobby Heenan & Steve McMichael (Had done Nitro for a year, moving in mid 96)

Bobby Heenan & Tony Schivone (Same)

Also, from what I read Chyna was dating Triple H by the start of 97

Love the mod, thanks!

Just a quick note, is there any suggestions people have around the new attributes and who they may be suitable for. I have put a couple in (patterson being agent of rumbles, hogan not putting anyone over etc) but would be interested in people's thoughts.

Golden Mane, Control Freak, Faithful, Desireless, Life Long Underdog, Talent Spotter, That Doesn't Work for Me, Brother, Voice Of... (x5), Agent Of... (x7)