'Optional' gimmick products

I feel it's a bit weird that - in product where gimmicks are entirely optional - we can just assign a gimmick, see how it turns out, and if it turns out awful we can just assign no gimmick, in which case everything is just fine. No time off TV needed. The only negative is that it'll take a long while before you can try again, and of course the morale drop (but that can be dealt with).

Just seems a bit OP to me because you can just "roll" for a legendary gimmick, stick with it and reap all the benefits. If you don't like it, your worker should be screwed for a while. The stain of a bad gimmick (or taste if you will) should stay in the heads of the fans. In my CZCW game, I had Swipe debut a comical gimmick. It bombed. Imo there should be a penalty up to at least one month after the introduction, so sim this "oh, it's thàt guy"-feeling.

I know abusing the gimmick system is probably unavoidable, as people used it in previous games to "reset" momentum after milking it, but still... feels too easy.