Allow multiple TV deals irrespective of exclusive rights

Let's say I have a TV deal with a broadcaster that shows my TV show everywhere in Canada that involves exclusive rights. I'd also like to broadcast the same TV show in other countries, and one possible broadcaster for that would be an internet subscription provider that is accessible in the whole world, including Canada.

In reality, I'd likely be able to make a deal with this internet-based broadcaster, but would require them to block access to my TV show for all viewers in Canada since I already have a TV deal with exclusive rights in place. My show would, however, be available for viewers in all other countries of the world since those countries aren't influenced by the exclusive rights clause.

TEW does not let me do that. It just blocks me from signing a deal with the internet-based broadcaster (blocks in that this deal would only become active after my old TV deal is canceled/runs out). I don't think that's realistic, and it makes it significantly harder to make your company a little more popular in other regions of the world.

TL;DR: "Exclusive rights" should prevent other broadcasters from showing events or TV shows in the same regions as the broadcaster with the exclusive deal shows them in, but it should still allow the other broadcasters to show them in other regions and countries, rather than plainly blocking the new contract in its entirety.