Attribute progression - how does it work

Ive ran a year on a current mod

:o

33 year old with time decline set for around 36 ish.

Fundamental skills (set potential to good or very good)

Jan 13 - jan 14

Basic 69 - 89

Selling 64 - 70

Consistency 66 - 93

Safety 67 - 89

Performance skills (potential set to very good)

Charisma 78 - 78

Mic 75 - 75

Acting 77 - 77

Star qual 78 - 82

Sex appeal 70 - 64

Menace 68 - 68

Something else noticeable

Stamina 75 - 67

The worker does have drugs (soft and hard) steroid and alcohol.

Another worker 35 year old with decline set around 38

Fundamental (potential set to good)

Basic 62 - 80

Selling 52 - 56

Consist 72 - 75

Safety 66 - 71

Performance (potential set to very good)

Char 83 - 83

Mic 77 - 77

Acting 83 - 83

Star qual 80 - 75

Sex appeal 70 - 70

Physical

Stamina 64 - 61

Athlet 60 - 57

Power 85 - 85

Just wondering what’s causing the difference in progression to try and get the mod balanced and not overpowered

Would be good to know stuff like how many matches they were in, what calibre of workers they were in matches with.

I’ll check later. Would be high calibre a lot of matches around the 90 mark. Rough estimate around 1 show per week plus 1 big event monthly.

Also take in mind that every worker has a hidden destiny value and might not even be able to reach the potential you've set in the editor.

The question is why are the fundamental skills going so high and quickly. While others are dropping and others aren’t moving.

Charisma, microphone and acting seems to move very slowly (if at all) looking at the world. Is this the case?

I just want to try and make he mod as balanced as possible and workers try and only end up obtaining something around their prime attributes before they hit decline.

It's pretty much a combination of:

• How much they work
  • What they do
  • Randomness

I'd guess neither actually did many promos and the 33 year old had lots of matches with wrestlers with very high consistency and safety.

It just seems a large rise. I suppose I need to go through the whole mod (it’s converted) and lower other people. But it seems they are going above what I would expect from the potential cap.

I’m not sure if it’s explained what each potential can go up to? I’d expect something like excellent to be anywhere up to 100 very good to Ben anywhere up to say 90 good to possibly 80 etc.

Obviously each worker has a different cap assigned but surely the potential destiny can’t be higher than a certain amount based on what we select?

It just seems a large rise. I suppose I need to go through the whole mod (it’s converted) and lower other people. But it seems they are going above what I would expect from the potential cap.

I’m not sure if it’s explained what each potential can go up to? I’d expect something like excellent to be anywhere up to 100 very good to Ben anywhere up to say 90 good to possibly 80 etc.

Obviously each worker has a different cap assigned but surely the potential destiny can’t be higher than a certain amount based on what we select?

In addition, wondering why some attributes are dropping too

So first of all check the handbook. Different stats are designed to progress at different rates.

For example reputation is very slow initially but gets fast once it gets high.

Basics, Safety are very steady linear progression so can appear to be faster than others at similar levels.

Consistency in the handbook notes that it is the most sensitive to age and often drops off the soonest.

Athleticism is negatively impacted by smoking & drugs so that is why that is declining if you're a soft drug user.

In-ring skills have an exponential growth to them so the higher it is the harder it is to increase but Brawling/Puro/Hardcore/Technical all degrade very slowly.

Aerial and Flashiness degrade sharply with age as well as with injury.

Charisma/Mic/Acting are "steep initial curve but accelerates the higher it gets" skills.

Star Quality doesn't normally change much. You get some initial bumps early on in the career as the worker is "finding their look" and you can give it bumps based on size changes (moving up in size and getting more musclar tends to increase it while getting flabby can hurt it) however it gets pretty static as the career progresses.

As for the actual method unlike previous games what happens is there is a "drip feed" method for increasing stats. Say you need 100xp to get to the next level and you do a match that gives you 100xp. Unlike 2016 and earlier where you would just "ding" and level up, instead it fills a virtual hopper with 100 potential xp and every day you convert 1 potential to 1 actual so after 100 days, you level up the skill.

What this means is that you don't have to grind out hundreds of matches with your youngsters to power level them as the "hopper" can only hold so much potential XP. It also means that even if they are injured or off the show they can still continue to develop.

The downside is that it does make it harder to track development as you can't just check after matches, they might develop days/weeks/months down the road.

So first of all check the handbook. Different stats are designed to progress at different rates.

For example reputation is very slow initially but gets fast once it gets high.

Basics, Safety are very steady linear progression so can appear to be faster than others at similar levels.

Consistency in the handbook notes that it is the most sensitive to age and often drops off the soonest.

Athleticism is negatively impacted by smoking & drugs so that is why that is declining if you're a soft drug user.

In-ring skills have an exponential growth to them so the higher it is the harder it is to increase but Brawling/Puro/Hardcore/Technical all degrade very slowly.

Aerial and Flashiness degrade sharply with age as well as with injury.

Charisma/Mic/Acting are "steep initial curve but accelerates the higher it gets" skills.

Star Quality doesn't normally change much. You get some initial bumps early on in the career as the worker is "finding their look" and you can give it bumps based on size changes (moving up in size and getting more musclar tends to increase it while getting flabby can hurt it) however it gets pretty static as the career progresses.

As for the actual method unlike previous games what happens is there is a "drip feed" method for increasing stats. Say you need 100xp to get to the next level and you do a match that gives you 100xp. Unlike 2016 and earlier where you would just "ding" and level up, instead it fills a virtual hopper with 100 potential xp and every day you convert 1 potential to 1 actual so after 100 days, you level up the skill.

What this means is that you don't have to grind out hundreds of matches with your youngsters to power level them as the "hopper" can only hold so much potential XP. It also means that even if they are injured or off the show they can still continue to develop.

The downside is that it does make it harder to track development as you can't just check after matches, they might develop days/weeks/months down the road.

I have tried going off he handbook. One thing I possibly didn’t think is stamina/athleticism dropped due to drugs etc.

I understand the new changes, but trying to grasp the ‘potential’

Say you are trying to create an historical mod. You have a worker with 70 basics, selling and safety, but 50 consistency and you want them to end up roughly 80, 80, 80, 60. What do you set the potential at?

Again I just don’t want workers to become unrealistically overpowered, already finding far too many 90+ rated matches compared to the same mod in 16.