First day in the job

Hi all. This is the first time I’ve played TEW. I used to play EWR a lot so I’m a bit overwhelmed by the detail in TEW so looking for some help.

I’m on the 1990 Mod and have took control of WWF. I’m looking for general tips on how you pros organise yourself on the first day of the job to get your storylines booked and a bit of a plan going forward in place.

I started to try to get organised by putting people in lists of which title division they belong to but it’s a huge job with a big roster. Any help at all appreciated

Thanks

Andy

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="WCGreyghost" data-cite="WCGreyghost" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You might find it easier to start another game with one of the smaller companies in the CVerse to get the hang of the mechanics before diving into something like WWF. The learning curve for this game is pretty steep....</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agree with this statement.</p><p> </p><p> A few things to look at before advancing from the first day(but not a complete list).</p><p> </p><p> Finances- How much money do you have?</p><p> </p><p> Roster - DO you have enough wrestlers? Announcers? Referees? What are there strengths and weaknesses? What kind of contracts do they have and when do they expire?</p><p> </p><p> Product - What does your audience expect? Do you have the workers that suit this product? Do you need to change the product?</p><p> </p><p> Production - Do you have a good enough setup to get the results you want? do you need to upgrade/downgrade? </p><p> </p><p> Events & TV - What events and TV shows are scheduled? Do you want to add or subtract anything? Do you need to get (more) TV deals for your TV shows and/or events?</p><p> </p><p> these are just the first few things that come to mind and the first few questions that come to mind. If I looked at a company like the WWF on the first day it could take me 30 minutes it could take me 10 hours before I advance to the next day.</p><p> </p><p> On the other hand, most companies are already running close to the way they were running in reality so you could make no changes and just start advancing with no changes and you will be okay, so it might be the best idea to make the changes you want and just wing it because you're going to screw up tons of times and thats perfectly fine, thats the best way to learn. If you come to a point where its not fun or its not working the way you tried or wanted all you have to do is start over, no big deal.</p><p> </p><p> So , don't worry too much, just play and learn and then apply what you learn in the next new game. Everybody learned how to play mostly by just playing, and EVERYBODY screwed up MANY, MANY TIMES.</p><p> </p><p> HAVE FUN</p>

The way I did it was just play only advice I can give is.

.Play a trial run don't get creative with story lines just pump out shows and learn the game

.watch twitch or YouTube videos of people setting up shows

you will get it eventually but just play the game don't get deterred because once you understand how the game works you will have fun and you will keep finding tips but don't worry about being creative yet with intricate story lines just bump out shows and when you feel you are doing an okay job then start a new game and go. ive played tew for years and I'm always learning tips and tricks just learn the basics and then go have fun.