Hawaii Shows and Broadcasters

I would like for player own broadcasters to be able to pay to upgrade "Part"of a country instead of "the whole country". I have noticed bigger companies, if they get a broadcast with national exposure, they will start running shows in places where they've never run them before and start suffering low attendances. It reminds me of the problems when people would set WWE to "world" and it goes bankrupt when the AI starts booking shows in weird places with very few fans.

Or if there were a way to discourage AI owned companies from running a show in a specific place? I don't want my US Great Lakes-East Coast company to start running Hawaii and Puerto Rico shows just because it has 8 popularity there from broadcasters.

Really, I would like to exclude Hawaii and Alaska when I upgrade broadcaster coverage. I start game with it in editor, but in-game to upgrade it upgrades the whole country?

Not the worst problem, but I've noticed it does cause occasional bad plays from AI companies. Or if they were a little smarter about avoiding "dead zone" areas such as an 8 popularity Hawaii that gained from having a broadcaster deal.