Oh! A question I haven't seen from anybody else yet!

Hey, I was wondering if booking style changed from area to area and/or Fed type to fed type? For example, does a Mexican promotion book differently from an American one? Does a Mexican Lucha fed book differently from a Japanese one? Will an American Sports Entertainment fed book differently than a American Pure Fed, etc.? That was a rather sore point for some people about TEW as I recall, and I was thinking it would be fun (as a person who's never watched their style) to do a tour in Japan at least once. :D I was also thinking about character retirement, I know injury and not meeting your character's needs can end your game, but is their anything else, or can you pull a Terry Funk/Hulk Hogan and wrestle all the way to the end of time? I can see it now, get ready for Vladamire Dracos part 2, Dracos coming to the ring with a wooden leg and an adult diaper! ;)

The promotion's style will effect how it books, yes. A Pure promotion will generally stick to the singles or tag team bouts with no special circumstances. Meanwhile, a Garbage promotion will likely have all sorts of crazy stuff, like Six Man Blood Elimination Bouts. Almost by default, you will also find that the matches feel different too, as the promotions will obviously hire workers who suit their style. So most people working for a Lucha group are going to be high fliers, so if you work for them you can expect to be wrestling fast-paced match with lots of risks, whereas Pure promotions will have workers who work body parts with low level moves, and build up their offence slowly. Unlike TEW, you can set promotions to tour (so as you can simulate the Japanese environment better). So you could find yourself wrestling 4 shows a week for three months with a Japanese promotion, then not have another match with them for six months. The game can end when either your character's morale drops to 0 and he quits wrestling, you receive a bad injury, or you hit 65. 65 is the mandatory age, you can never go higher than that (unless you begin with a character who is already older than that, in which case he will retire on his next birthday).

Archived