Highest Salary/Highest World Ranking?

I was wondering what the highest salary anyone has been able to negotiate, and what the highest world ranking you have been able to achieve. Personally, I am currently on a contract with BHOTWG paying a little over $60,000 per month, but my world ranking only made it up to #35. This, despite the fact that I spent most of the year as the champion of the largest fed in the world, and went undefeated the entire year. I even teamed up with Kikkawa to win the BHOTWG Tag Titles. On the down side, I got injured and missed the last 6 weeks of the year, which may have hurt my rating. Still, as I'm champion of 1 of the 2 "global" feds. How can there be 34 guys rated ahead of me?

I reached #1 in the world in about year eight of my career. During that year, I was also Burning World Champion and most of my matches were B or B+ with about three A- (two of them losses!). As Adam says, it's all about performance and the JBL analogy is a good one! ;) You could try to stretch out your matches and take a well-received loss or two.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland]JBL is a champion in a global fed and has barely been defeated for a year, and there's definitely 34 guys who have better matches than him ;) [/QUOTE] Good point. Now that I've been compared to JBL, I feel pretty down. I guess I'll have to buy myself another monkey.

$60,000! Bloody hell! The most i have ever been able to negotiate with BHOTWG was $35,000! and i had 100 overness in japan.But still the most i have negotiated so far was $40,000 for the SWF.Also my highest ranking was No.4.

Archived