Can someone explain the logic behind the "Keep Strong" note hurting the match rating?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="adhodges94" data-cite="adhodges94" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51332" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Loads of good points here.<p> </p><p> The way I see it:</p><p> </p><p> Keep strong:</p><p> Should be given to a worker who is booked to lose against a lower perception worker but you don't want them to look bad from it or be pissed</p><p> </p><p> Open match:</p><p> Should be used when you want a lower guy to lose to a higher guy but still look good</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is pretty much how I use it. I will sometimes play around with the combination or WHEN I use it if a scenario pops into my head that warrants it, but essentially I see Open Match as a way to keep a lower rated wrestler more competitive in an audiences mind...and hopefully put on a more competitive/entertaining match. Sort of how Cody is currently 'elevating' his TNT Title opponents in AEW by making the matches more open than you might otherwise think. The Keep Strong is more for when you want a superior wrestler to lose, but not have their rep devalued too much from the L. I will still use Keep Strong for a lower rated wrestler, in that they're building up to being in an open match with Top Guy A, so you book them strong in match 1, then an open match in match 2...followed by ? depending on what story you're trying to tell. I use Domination when a guy is just pissed and unleashes on someone...or if in a Tag match I want someone to really stand out. I kind of like the fact that the resulting impact of using these is vague...as much as what they actually do.</p><p> </p><p> Great discussion.</p>