Instantaneous Signings?

Hi all,

I was in a bidding war with SWF for Hollywood Bret Starr that lasted a couple of days. I made an offer that shut out SWF's offer, with him saying he'd seriously consider signing with me and the negotiations screen saying my offer was the only one he was considering. I advanced to the next day and he had immediately signed with SWF after they changed their offer.

How am I supposed to beat an offer if I'm never even given a chance to look at it? Is there a way to trigger instant signings for my own company?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="heilyeah" data-cite="heilyeah" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51396" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi all,<p> </p><p> I was in a bidding war with SWF for Hollywood Bret Starr that lasted a couple of days. I made an offer that shut out SWF's offer, with him saying he'd seriously consider signing with me and the negotiations screen saying my offer was the only one he was considering. I advanced to the next day and he had immediately signed with SWF after they changed their offer. </p><p> </p><p> How am I supposed to beat an offer if I'm never even given a chance to look at it? Is there a way to trigger instant signings for my own company?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Realistically people don’t always come back and say I’ve got x offer from someone else. On TEW we generally find ourselves ‘just’ beating the other offer so we get the worker for as little as possible.</p><p> </p><p> Sometimes you may need to just make an offer you’re happy to pay.</p>

All negotiations have a maximum time frame that they can last before the worker is forced to make a choice (otherwise they could conceivably go on for weeks or months if the bids kept getting incrementally better). As the AI makes its offers in the PM mode (i.e. always being "second" after all the players) it can potentially get a final offer in just before that deadline that you wouldn't have time to counter. So yes, they have a mild advantage in that respect (although it'd be hard to cry "unfair" given how many other advantages the player has).

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51396" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>All negotiations have a maximum time frame that they can last before the worker is forced to make a choice (otherwise they could conceivably go on for weeks or months if the bids kept getting incrementally better). As the AI makes its offers in the PM mode (i.e. always being "second" after all the players) it can potentially get a final offer in just before that deadline that you wouldn't have time to counter. So yes, they have a mild advantage in that respect (although it'd be hard to cry "unfair" given how many other advantages the player has).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That makes sense. I'll just have to shortlist him in the meantime, I suppose. Thanks for the reply!</p>