p4rk's Venue/Location Pack

p4rk's Venues/Locations Pack

I'm embarking on a project to flesh out a huge set of venues and locations to be used in real world mods, and any mods that wish to use them. These places add a ton of flavor to the game, and give a real sense of consistency and reality to the world. I'm a geography nerd, so I love that kind of stuff. Hopefully you all do too.

I plan to include every region and area of the game. The plan as it stands is to have at the very least 10 venues in each state/area, and 10 locations. Of course, some larger states will have much, much more.

I will be posting updates here in the thread, and taking suggestions.

If you have any suggestions for venues or locations you'd like to see added, leave them below, and I'll put them in for you :) (I'm mostly looking for small venues, so feel free to promote your local small town wrestling spot, it helps a lot!)

The current order the mod is going in:

USA

Canada

Mexico

Europe

UK

Japan

India

Australia

This mod also aims to include areas which are just outside of the traditional TEW area/region definitions. These extra areas include:

Alaska included in Northwest - USA

Nunavut included in Manitoba - Canada

Northwest Territories included in Alberta - Canada

Yukon included in British Columbia - Canada

Caribbean nations like Cuba, Haiti, etc included in Puerto Rico - USA

Progress Report:

Currently in progress: USA

MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS stadiums are all in. NCAA stadiums and other mid sized venues in progress. (Big shoutout to TLLK for helping with college stadiums and arenas and being an overall good dude)

After this, the real work begins: Scouring for stadiums of 7,500 and less and filling in gaps in coverage.

Useful Links:

This spreadsheet is going to be the best look into the progress being made. It shows how many arenas, and of what size, have been put into each area, and state, as well as giving an overview of what states/countries I've added to each region

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wy54Q_GeWuw21i7bz9WMZrcLHfJSoVhq1lccQDAUEsY/edit?usp=sharing

This map shows the real life locations of the venues existing in the mod, providing a brief overview of how many venues are available in each city.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?hl=en&hl=en&mid=1zmGDSQLGDuolurB5tR_R4bKhLZbOrCP2&ll=34.124728773812144%2C-82.0470834848772&z=5

Go for it, 100%. Opening dates are accurate, so it will translate well to historical mods, as well as modern, hopefully. I also hope to add historic/closed venues to add to that functionality

Historical venues would be amazing! Love that idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Another quick organizational update: I'm putting together a map, to show the cities which house venues in the mod. I'm hoping this will make it easier for me to spot areas which are lacking in coverage, but it also might be a good tool on the user side, to see what kinds of places you can run shows or house a promotion.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?hl=en&hl=en&mid=1zmGDSQLGDuolurB5tR_R4bKhLZbOrCP2&ll=34.124728773812144%2C-82.0470834848772&z=5

• 2 weeks later...