[BETA RELEASE] "It All Begins Again"... April 2004 Real World Mod

Wow I love it! The dedication and effort you put into this data is plausible. 

Question for you- how much work have you or will you put into broadcasters? Will they reflect real life tv ratings/buy rates? 

I notice some data’ makers reflect this element and you end up having TNA do 3 million buy rates, making them super rich. Or CMLL ending up on a prime time slot on one of Americas biggest networks 

40 minutes ago, Booker2021 said:

Wow I love it! The dedication and effort you put into this data is plausible. 

Question for you- how much work have you or will you put into broadcasters? Will they reflect real life tv ratings/buy rates? 

I notice some data’ makers reflect this element and you end up having TNA do 3 million buy rates, making them super rich. Or CMLL ending up on a prime time slot on one of Americas biggest networks 

I don’t go by real life buy rates or ratings, I try and let it work how the game plays. Same with show attendance. It’s far less important to me to see that the show attendance reflects whatever TNA was doing in real life, than if they are set up in the game to be able to make the kind of roster signings that they did.

I’ve done a lot of work on broadcasters in the game. Here is a post I made about it way back in the thread:

Getting away from the promotion roster building work a little bit, I spent the past three days and a ton of hours totally redoing the broadcasters, media groups and broadcasting deals in the game world. 

I completely deleted all of the broadcasters from the base data and with the help of imports from Questlove's RWC, some of gazwefc's mods, and my own tedious work I have rebuilt everything - Giving proper debut dates (the ones I could find), focus, media group ownership, regional limits, limits on the number of companies and time slots available for each, etc. This has solved the problem that plagued the Ruthless Aggression data where it seemed like it was a complete free for all with promotions getting weird deals all over the game world that they shouldn't have.

All broadcast deals are now in line with how the game works. For instance, when a company like WWE in real life can have multiple deals with companies and providers in the same region, the game will not always allow you to do that. So I deleted all of the base broadcast deals, started a game as each promotion with tv or PPV and negotiated with each network to get the base for their deals. This way, all deals will be in line with the game engine and when they come due - you won't get surprised by not being able to re-sign or find another provider, or be screwed over by a station demanding exclusivity when you don't expect it.

In the case of a company like WWE where they had multiple deals with companies in the same regions or game areas, I have went with the one that is most beneficial in game. For instance if they have a PPV deal with a company that only has small coverage, and one with massive coverage, I went with the largest (obviously). 

In the case of Japanese promotions where they had multiple tour highlight shows across different networks, I've done the same thing. If a larger provider demanded exclusivity in game while I was researching, that promotion got one tour highlight show with the biggest network instead of trying to game the system and editing in the multiple deals.

I've also redone some 72 logos and combined them with the network logo pack gazwefc created for his Pipebomb mod. All networks have been gone through and, where I could, I made sure their logo reflected the one being used during the time period the mod is set.

2021-07-13-21-24-41-Broadcasters.png

2021-07-13-21-31-26-TEW2020.png

2021-07-13-21-24-12-TEW2020.png

2021-07-13-21-22-02-TEW2020.png

2021-07-13-21-21-42-TEW2020.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Booker2021 said:

I must admit every other day I do check to see if there’s any updates.

is there an ETA on when this data will be released? 

As you can see looking over the history of this thread, it’s difficult for me to give any sort of ETA on having this completed as my schedule and motivation tends to drastically change. I’ve made progress about 5 days a week with some serious hours invested into this over the last month. I’m hoping to have something stable released soon.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Took a break from the last few promotions, and finished up cutting pics of the in game title belts, updating the rest of their histories and setting champions, then finished off going through the tag teams so that their starting years and experience are all set (experience is set by counting their matches on cagematch) so everything should work to scale now.

Ive also made a lot of progress on tackling the free agents (checking over profiles for errors, setting active areas, body types, home regions, etc), adding work history for each, and adjusting stats. Free workers based in Oceania, Europe, British Isles, and Canada are finished and I’m about half way through the US scene.

• Like 22

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...