Booking Long Events with all Matches

I have noticed something recently when booking my "big" shows with more than 5 main event level matches. It seems like if you have more than 3 matches hit over 90 before the main on a 3 hour plus show you have to be super-precise with where everything is for crowd control if you want the main to get full points.

The reason I am seeing this issue is that I have way too many people in the 90s in pop. Patch 1.17 boosted a bunch of guys up and I probably need to job out/get rid of some of the lower end guys. I have 20 wrestlers in the Major Star category and that is down from getting rid of a couple already.

For example. I just had a show I ran about 25 times to try to find the right way of putting it together and figure out some of the general rules. At one point I had a 99, a 95, a 97 and 3 100s on the way to a 89 main event. This with a cooler 3 matches before the main and the 97 leading in. For whatever reason once you have a certain amount of top-shelf matches it can bore the crowd. When you don't have a ton of great matches it doesn't seem as hard.

From what I can tell the rules look something like this (with at least one I am unaware of).

1. That last match has to come after something good (think mid-90s, a 93 is too low) but not too good (97-100 kills it).

2. A "Steal the Show" match is a nice way to quickly warm a crowd back up again. The rating of that match can sink your main also depending on where the crowd is at going in.

3. Your cooler match has to come really late. I mean like you run a whole show, your cooler match, hit them with the Steal the Show and then the big two.

4. I know that when you start seeing multiple 99s or 100s (lets say 3 or 4 total) before you get to the last 2 matches there is a really good chance your main caps at 95 if you can get there. It's like the crowd is burnt out without any kind of "The crowd was burnt out." message.

5. Show length has a lot to do with this. I dropped all but 3 midcard matches to pre-show to give myself the best shot at a good score for the main event after a few tries. Even that made for a difficult time.

What i came up with was that after a long show you need that great-but-not-perfect mid-90s match to hit right before the main, with a calming match pretty close before that. Even then, it takes lucky circumstances to actually hit. I think that the crowd just gets burnt out on those **** and up matches as the show goes on and having too many can hurt you.

Before you tell me I'm crazy on this, understand that the main event every time was both wrestlers with a 100 performance with the only road agent note being "Mabuchi Furusawa to be the victor." Same for the semi-main except it was Razan Okamoto. And that one got ten-plus 98-100 ratings with at least one ofthe participants under a score of 100.

I do run Three Ring Circus yes.

I work around crowd burnout (or try to) by putting cooler matches in before the main. At a certain point it just doesn't work.

I shuffled off some of the lesser wrestlers on the main event scene to help the two satellite companies I started grow faster. Those workers,, despite being far more over than the people in those feds, were immediately booked to lose. Gotta love CPU booking.