When did Total Wrestling start?

Trying to figure out what number episode Total Wrestling would be on in December 2005, but I'm not sure what date the show started.

Would it be when HGC started with the Hollyweird show or when Tommy bought TCW?

Not sure if there's a definite response on this, but given the name, I would put it when Cornell made it into TCW from HGC.

From the Cornellverse website: The most recent twist happened in late 2004, when HGC were taken over by famous wrestler Tommy Cornell, and renamed Total Championship Wrestling.

To me, I read that as Q4 of 2004...Could go with a TV show like AEW in October...or do you wait to launch the new TV show to kick off 2005?

If you launch it to lead off 2005, you would be going into Show #45

If you launch in October 2004, you would be going into Show #53 or so in December.

I haven't been able to pinpoint a date.

Tommy Cornell took over TCW in September of 2004 (taken from J.K. Stallings' employment history, he ceased being employed by TCW/HGC in Septemer of 2004). I would assume then they the rebranded going in to October of 2004 -- so I would say that Total Wrestling became the name of the show the first week of October 2004, because I think Cornell immediately rebranded the company.

That's how I'd play it though -- I'd have it start Week 1 in October (as far as episode numbers go). So you'd end October 2005 at what -- 52 (since there are 48 weeks in the TEW year) and if Episode #1 was Week 1, October 2004 that'd make Episode 48 Week 4 September. Episode 56 would be the end of November and December would start with #57 (I think, math isn't my strongest suit).

Hopefully that helps!