[RELEASE] Territory Daze

On 6/7/2024 at 9:18 AM, Mammoth said:

Scott Hall should be in there. He's actually named "Scott Hall" too, so you shouldn't have any difficulties finding him. I'm pretty sure I added him a while back too, so you're either playing a really old version or you've mistakenly missed him somehow. It's great to hear someone taking the initiative too. It's certainly the best way to do it as although I have updates planned, I'm far from the quickest modification maker. 😆I hope you get the tips you're looking for.

Thanks for the reply man!

Indeed, upon further review I realize I'm running a pretty old version of the game. I'm not sure I've ever downloaded any updates. I believe I've had this mod for a year...maybe more but was stuck on a different mod. So... I plan to go ahead and install the latest update and I'll be set when I decide to start a new save. In the meantime,  I imported Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Raven and the Steiners from my 86 mod. Looking through the list, most of the guys I need were already here anyway just have a little importing to do.

Thanks a ton for all the hard work that went into this. I can't imagine spending the hrs and losing the sleep required for a feat such as this. You my man, are an icon amongst posters.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rufc4eva said:

Is the NWA Women's title missing ?

It's in the WWWF as the "Women's World", because that's where it was at this time.

9 hours ago, rufc4eva said:

Also a funny thing did one autobooker show for Tri-State and apart from one title match every other match on the card was an evening gown match lol

🤣TEW is going to TEW.

• Haha 1

"and apart from one title match every other match on the card was an evening gown match lol"

That suggests that it may have mistakenly been set as a default match type and is therefore valid to be used by the auto booker as a standard part of booking.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just ticked over into 1974 in my AWA game booking as Verne. I'll post some screens when I get home from work but some highlights...

- I have TV deals that cover all of the US and several regions in Canada for both my A and B shows, I'm far and away the biggest promotion on the planet.

- Sammartino is by far my biggest most over star. He's on his second reign as champ, his first lasted several years.

- World Heavyweight, US Heavyweight, Commonwealth Heavyweight, World Tag, Commonwealth Tag, World Six Man is my title lineup.

- Also have a Championship League tourney I run in January that I started in '73, Bruno was my inaugural winner.

- Ernie Ladd, Dusty Rhodes, Giant Baba, Wahoo McDaniels, Harley Race, Bill Watts, Ray Stevens, I could go on, my roster is incredible.

- I started a developmental company called the "Verne Gagne Foundation"... I'll post a screen on my developmental lineup, needless to say the future of the AWA is bright. (Flair, Savage, Hansen, etc. it's truly an embarrassment of riches)

- My A-show regularly gets between 75-90something ratings.

- The WWWF has stayed on the struggle bus the second I stole Bruno. Their top star who's held the WWWF title for years at this point is Haystacks Calhoun. He, Killer Kowalski and Gorilla Monsoon have been the cornerstone of their main event scene. It's pretty sad.

- New Japan opened w/ Inoki at the helm. I... sorta had Baba under exclusive contract so his wife Motoko opened All Japan. I have working agreements with both so I tour Baba with them constantly to satisfy my own head canon.

Easily, without question, the greatest real life data available for TEW. Like holy shit, man.

Edited by Ping von Erich
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm considering seriously the challenge of founding a NWA territory in the UK or Europe, i know it will be difficult.

BTW, i found out the name of EMLL is wrong, it is Empresa Mexicana de Lucha Libre, not Empresa Mexicana de la Lucha Libre.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to add some notes about the AWA that I found.

- I think Stanley Blackburn should have already been debuted in the mod I think as he was already established as AWA President by 1971 as stated in this article from the Wrestling Monthly. Also, according to Terry Funk's book he was the commissioner of Amarillo. I found the picture below of him from 1974, along some other promoters if you'd like to use it.

M2AHHXY.png

- I would like it if the Calhoun Beach Club could be added as a venue as that was where AWA did there TV tapings from 63' to 72'. Based off of footage from 1970 on YouTube it seems hold at most 100 people. 

- Referee Marty Miller is was born on March 8, 1943 according to the Star Tribune and allegedly was married, but I can not confirm that part. A picture of him from 1988's SuperClash III in below if you'd like to use it.

klVxyxH.png

Lastly, I was wondering if you could give an update on the work you have been doing on Territory Daze?

I appreciate all the work that goes into your mods and look forward to the next update whenever it is ready.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kirby said:

I think Stanley Blackburn should have already been debuted in the mod I think as he was already established as AWA President by 1971 as stated in this article from the Wrestling Monthly. Also, according to Terry Funk's book he was the commissioner of Amarillo. I found the picture below of him from 1974, along some other promoters if you'd like to use it.

Yes, he was in and around the business for years but he didn't become an on-screen personality until later. He's somebody very difficult to add to TEW because he's essentially a long time investor who'd do bits of business, and continued doing this as he became an on-screen personality. He was never a real promoter and I'd find it very difficult to make him a Road Agent. Therefore, the way I decided to do it was to have him "debut" later (roughly around the time when he began appearing on-screen) but reflect his position in the industry by already having relationships with the Funk's and Gagne. Personally moving his debut date shouldn't effect anything though, should you (or anybody else) wish to do so.

3 hours ago, Kirby said:

- I would like it if the Calhoun Beach Club could be added as a venue as that was where AWA did there TV tapings from 63' to 72'. Based off of footage from 1970 on YouTube it seems hold at most 100 people. 

Done.

3 hours ago, Kirby said:

- Referee Marty Miller is was born on March 8, 1943 according to the Star Tribune and allegedly was married, but I can not confirm that part. A picture of him from 1988's SuperClash III in below if you'd like to use it.

I'd already found a picture of him that I've now added to my own database ready for future updates, but his birth date is brand new information so I appreciate that greatly. Thank you.

3 hours ago, Kirby said:

Lastly, I was wondering if you could give an update on the work you have been doing on Territory Daze?

I appreciate all the work that goes into your mods and look forward to the next update whenever it is ready.

There's a hell of a lot of work been put in to putting together a lot of new information but there's no ETA on any future update, unfortunately. I've been taking a break after getting both Territory Daze and Shifting Sands to a position I'm happy with. As always, when and if I have any information, this will be the first (and only) place I announce it. So yeah, there's definitely stuff in the pipeline but it'll be a while before anything's released and I'm desperately hoping that the next update might actually be for a new iteration of TEW but that could just be a pipe dream.