No one man should have all that POWERRR

Just catching up now after a long holiday..

The Pope & Marti Belle vs. Sal Rinauro & Maria Kanellis

As you know, I mark for Sal.. lol

Jervis Cottonbelly vs. JR Kratos

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP: Doug Williams & Thom Latimer © vs. Occam's Razor

Been enjoying this journal a lot man, great work as always.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just catching up now after a long holiday..

The Pope & Marti Belle vs. Sal Rinauro & Maria Kanellis

As you know, I mark for Sal.. lol

Jervis Cottonbelly vs. JR Kratos

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP: Doug Williams & Thom Latimer © vs. Occam's Razor

Been enjoying this journal a lot man, great work as always.

Thank you for your predictions and kind words my friend!

The upcoming developments for Sal should have you interested.... Hopefully :D

Hey guys,

Just wanted to take a moment to wish you all a Happy New Year

After literal YEARS of reading the incredible diaries on this board, I finally went ahead and joined the fray in 2020. It was in order to give myself a little escape from the terrible year that we all had, and distract myself from a shitty job.

I take great pleasure in interacting with you all on a daily basis. This board I full of incredibly talented and kind people.

I wanted to thank you for the reception you gave me and this diary. To be honest I don't even watch much wrestling anymore, but i'm passionate about story telling. I've found great enjoyement in writing this diary and having your feedback (although my written english still need some minor improvements :D )

Taking a short break from this diary to refuel the creative batteries, but next Powerrr should be up next week.

Wishing you and the one you love a happy new year, may 2021 give you everything you want

- Jérôme

Hey guys,

After literal YEARS of reading the incredible diaries on this board, I finally went ahead and joined the fray in 2020. It was in order to give myself a little escape from the terrible year that we all had, and distract myself from a shitty job.

I take great pleasure in interacting with you all on a daily basis. This board I full of incredibly talented and kind people.

I wanted to thank you for the reception you gave me and this diary. To be honest I don't even watch much wrestling anymore, but i'm passionate about story telling. I've found great enjoyement in writing this diary and having your feedback (although my written english still need some minor improvements :D )

Taking a short break from this diary to refuel the creative batteries, but next Powerrr should be up next week.

Wishing you and the one you love a happy new year, may 2021 give you everything you want

- Jérôme

Happy New Year, have really enjoyed this and your other diaries over these last few months. It is funny, I am like you in the sense that I don’t sit and watch full episodes of wrestling anymore but I like diving into research on characters and fighters and watching some highlights so the story can be told. I find that the most fun.

Looking forward to the return!

Hey guys,

- Jérôme

Yep I’ve enjoyed it too. Happy New Year and looking forward to more NWA Powerrrr soon

EPISODE 36: TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE

mkP154A.jpg

You weave your spell, your eyes they beckon me

Your lips they speak, lies and misery

I know it's wrong, but I can't turn away

The flames draw near, they're telling me to stay

Into the fire! I'm falling

INTO THE FIRE!

SbVug87.jpg6OAJRof.jpg

Welcome everyone NWA Powerrr! David Marquez and Joe Galli welcome us to this all new show from the National Wrestling Alliance. Studio Wrestling is hosting a NWA World Tag Team Championship match TONIGHT as Doug Williams & Thomas Latimer of Strictly Business will defend against the formidable Paul Ellering-led team of Gzim Selmani and Sunny Dhinsa, Occam's Razor. Joe Galli announces that on March 13 & March 14, the NWA will be BACK ON PAY PER VIEW! As the NWA will hold a double header: it's the return of the NWA Pop-Up Event, LIVE from Atlanta Georgia!

Exciting news, and it's now David Marquez who announces us that next week will feaure a larger than life 1h30 Super Powerrr edition of the show! Already announced for this Super Powerrr show the much waited Thunder Rosa vs. Vipress. Will Vipress sneak attack Rosa again, or will we have a fair match? Vipress said that she played games with Rosa because she wanted her to lost her temper and thus have an advantage when she meet her for good in the ring. Like a predator, the Serpent of Evil wants to pick her time and place! Right now, we get Thunder Rosa with interviewer Sean Mooney in order to pick her mind on the whole situation.

tmocOOD.jpgy1rsWQT.jpg

The FORMER NWA Women's World Champion thanks Mooney for having her. Sean Mooney recaps the even: Vipress jumped her at this very stand. She then was scheduled to face her but attacked her again before the bell, preventing the match from taking place. Then, she distracted her from a tag team match, leading to Thunder Rosa leaving the match and partner Serena Deeb taking a loss. What's her mind on all that?

First and foremost, Rosa wants to apologize to Serena Deeb. She let her alone, and she's sorry. She's not the type to throw off a match, she's a born fighter. But Vipress made her lose her temper, yeah. And that's apparently what she wants! She thinks that if she stays cold-blooded and get Thunder Rosa angry, she will get a decisive advantage over her... But she's dead wrong. Rosa says that fury is in her, it's in her Mexican blood. She's from TIJUANA for heaven's sake! The madder she gets, the more violent she becomes. And Vipress made a huge strategic mistake, because next week she got what she wanted: an angry, ANGRY Thunder Rosa... And an angry Thunder Rosa is bad news for ANYONE who crosses her path.

Mooney is about to ask Thunder Rosa one more thing, but here comes NWA Women's World Champion Serena Deeb.

p7zDOhx.jpg

Deeb heard her name called, so she couldn't help but come out. She heard Rosa's apology for leaving her all alone to face Kamille and Marti Belle... And that's ok. That's cool. Serena will have to defend her title against Kamille after being pinned by the Brickhouse, and she can't wait to face such a formidable foe... But let things be clear: after she's done with Kamille, and after Thunder Rosa has kicked Vipress' ass all over Atlanta... They will meet again. They will have a rematch with the richest prize in women's wrestling on the line, the NWA Women's World Championship! Rosa nods, and the two women get into a little tense staredown... Before shaking hands. Mooney thanks them, and reminds us that Thunder Rosa will face Vipress NEXT WEEK!

NX1iqix.jpg9qIhlDJ.jpg

1. Jervis Cottonbelly vs. JR Kratos

Last week, JR Kratos made his return to the NWA with a surprise attack on NWA World TV Champion Anthony Bennett, beating down the young man and posing with the NWA TV title belt. The self-proclaimed "God Of War" now has a chance to return to official action with a match against NWA resident Gentleman, Jervis Cottonbelly.

Cottonbelly, although his antics are fun and popular with the families in the crowd, is a wrestler who has a lot of tricks in his bag. We've seen him get a few wins in the NWA, most notably teaming with Sal Rinauro. He's a decent competitor with solid mat wrestling.

... He lasts one minute against JR Kratos.

The muscular God of War runs towards him, grabs him, smashes him in a corner, hits hit two time with a shoulder block in the ribs, then finishes him off with a running powerslam for a three count.

WINNER: JR KRATOS

9qIhlDJ.jpg

JR Kratos is standing in the middle of the ring, with the referee being afraid to come near him and lift his hand up in the air. That's when up-beat music is heard in the arena, and here comes NWA Television Champion Anthony Bennett, who comes to the stand near the entrance.

2QeprzN.jpg

"JR Kratos!... Your match was really good, and imma let you finish, but erm... LAST WEEK, you jumped me from behind. That's not cool at all, but hey, I've got this sweet piece of gold, so I know I have a target on my back. It's ok, It's making me grow up as a competitor AND a man... So you know how it goes, right? NEXT WEEK... SUPER POWERRR... You and me, big guy, for my SIXTH Title defense... Let's get it on, big man."

Following video vignette is taking place at... A border control? The quality of the footage and the format let us see that it's a video taken from a smartphone from a selfie point of view.

LGJ12K6.jpg

"Is it on? Right, wonderful!... This is a message for the NWA AND BRIAN MILONAS! I'm at the border between Mongrovia and... Well you know what's next to Mongrovia, right?... Guess what, since that out-of-shape, fat loser of Brian Milonas STOLE MY PROPERTY... MY Mongrovian Karate Third Degree Black Belt... I'M NOT ALLOWED IN MONGROVIA ANYMORE!... THIS IS A CATASTROPHE! THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I KNOW PEOPLE!...

Well... Okay. So, my sensei Question Mark doesn't answer my calls, I think he's in the Mongrovian House of Healing after this big dummy Milonas INJURED HIS RIBS... Can you believe it? What kind of a round-shaped man with no neck would STEAL A BLACK BELT, and INJURE SOMEBODY'S RIBS?!

So, I've had enough. Brian Milonas, you falsly claim that I owe you 10 000$. I've watched a lot of wrestling, even though I'm not a fan of that primitive style of fighting contest, so I know how this goes... You want 10 000$ from me, I want my Black Belt back. So I've called Billy Corgan... I've pulled some strings, because I'm a WORLDWIDE FAMOUS ACTOR. Next week, on NWA Super Powerrr, we will fight, a mano-a-mano contest. If I win... You're contractually forced to give me back my black belt, AND an apology... And if you win, you will get those 10 000 dollars. Okay? Good.

Now, i've got to find a plane back in the States. This place REEKS!"

QR1kSQx.jpgVrGWa9X.jpgvVogesb.jpgoZkTmli.jpg

2. The Pope & Marti Belle vs. Sal Rinauro & Maria Kanellis

Marti Belle is wearing matching wrestling gear with The Pope, with his Congregation's colours on it. Pope's recruiting seems to have been fruitful for Marti Belle, since she begins the match hot with a strong advantage over Maria. She's more intense and fierce than ever, and she looks good in the early beginnings of the match.

Sal then gets tagged in, and The Pope comes out. Dinero doesn't seem to take little Sal very seriously, as he taunts him and wants him... And gives him his lawyer Famous B's card "it might be helpful with your obsessive stalking". Sal gets mad and fights with everything he has, punching kicking and headbutting Pope until he backs off in his own corner. Once the surprise is passed, Pope realizes he's much stronger than his opponent and pushes him back. Rinauro rolls on his back and comes back for more... PIMSLAP! Pope pimslapped him! Sal goes down and Pope has a pin for a two count.

Match continues, and it's more a competitive showcase between the women, while Pope and Rinauro occasionally fight but with a more comedic aspect, as Pope makes fun of Rinauro and taggs Marti Belle as often as possible for make her shine. He only tags in when she needs to catch her breath. In a fun moment, she tags him in, out of breath, he puts Rinauro down and puts him in a figure four leglock! He can clinch on the move, but when he sees Marti is doing better, he just let go off the hold and taggs her in.

In the end, Marti Belle puts Maria out with Pope's own DDE: a running and jumping double knee strike in the back when Maria's in the corner! She gets that elusive pinfall victory that she's been after for so long.

WINNERS: THE POPE & MARTI BELLE

vVogesb.jpgoZkTmli.jpg

As Pope acclaim Marti on their way back, Joe Galli reminds us of the events that took place between him and Trevor Murdock on NWA Powerrr Surge. In the ring, Sal is checking on Maria, who seems upset at the loss. He extends his arms... And offers her a "friendly" comforting hug!

Maria looks at him... And asks for a microphone.

"Listen Sal... We're cool okay? I really appreciate your support and the fact that you are my number 1 fan. You've been of great help here and in my personal life with your support... I guess we're friends, alright?"

Sal has a HUGE smile on his face and asks for a "friend hug." But Maria goes on.

"But this... You... You're too much!... I'm not gonna hug you, and I'm sorry if that hurts you... But my marriage is what's most important to me. It's obvious my husband Mike doesn't like you and I being close, let alone being friends. So no hugs. No physical contact. No more phone calls after work hours... Okay? She loves her husband. Mike Bennett is the love of her life, and she feels guilty for making him feel so bad over the last few weeks..."

Maria turns to the camera.

"I Love You, Mike. I'm sorry for being a little self-centered over the last weeks... And months. I love being adored. I love having fans. Being back in wrestling by your side felt great... But that was about you, and I made it all about me. I'm sorry. I love you."

Maria leaves, as Sal is dumbfounded and really, really sad.

G2Z83nM.jpgtsgZtYi.jpg

The Briscoe Brothers are here! Jay and Mark come out and go RIGHT to the announcing team. Mark walks back and forth behind Joe Galli and David Marquez, and Jay takes a headset. He tells them he wants to join the team! They will be looking reaaaally hard at that Main Event. Jay swears that if Nick Aldis gets anywhere near this ring in order to help his buddies, he's a DEAD MAN. Galli tells him that it's just been announced that he will get his title match against Nick Aldis on Night 2 of the NWA Pop Up Event next month! Jay: "'bout damn time."

OH0KhXt.jpg

mdjzfyi.jpguqo3oSS.jpgdQgcYKB.jpgJdvb1OI.jpg

3. NWA World Tag Team Championship Match: Strictly Busines © (/w. Kamille) vs. Occam's Razor (/w. Paul Ellering)

Since debuting in the NWA, Occam's Razor have torn down the competition, retire the Rock N' Roll Express, and wage war on Strictly Business to conquer what they feel is rightfully theirs: the NWA World Tag Team Championship. Led by Paul Ellering, they begin the match on total fire, hitting double moves on "Wildcard" Thom Latimer.

The turning point is that Latimer finally taggs in Doug Williams. Williams might look to be the weak link in this match: he's of smaller stature than the three other wrestlers, he's significantly older... But what he lacks in size and youth, he more than makes up for in veteran cunning and experience. Williams doges Gzim's offense and goes to his opponent's corner. He taunts Gzim, who runs at him... And Williams dodges, leading to Gzim Selmani colliding in his own partner on the apron! Dhinsa falls down from the apron but stay on his feet, while Williams shoulder tackles Selmani's leg and takes him down.

What follows is 5 minutes of sickening Strictly Business domination. During those 5 minutes, Selmani NEVER gets back up. Latimer & Williams do quick tag, they double team him, they hit him on the ground and prevent him from either going to tag his partner or geting back up. The two smug britishmen take a vile pleasure in stomping him down, targeting his notirously previously injured right biceps. It's an agony for the gigantic Selmani, while Latimer laughs like a total maniac.

Salvation comes in the form of Paul Ellering, who gets up on the apron to galvanize his protege. Of course, Williams gets in his face, but the ref is distracted. This allows Dhinsa to hit the ring and put Latimer down with a running shoulder tackle. Dhinsa gets back to his corner, Ellering gets back down, and Selmani can crawl to his corner... And tags in!

Former judo silver medaillist Sunny Dhinsa hits the ring. He throws Latimer around like he weights nothing and anihilates him with judo throws and powermoves of rare brutality. This gets Latimer's wife Kamille angry, and she gets in Paul Ellering's face down the ring. The two exchange harsh words, and Selmani, holding his damaged bicep, gets in between. Kamille is a Brickhouse, and is looking Selmani right in the eyes. In the ring, Dhinsa is putting Latimer in a camel clutch, things are looking bleak for the champions.

That's where the evil genius of Doug Williams strikes. He goes out of the ring and talk to Kamille. The two exchange whispers as Selmani and Ellering look on. In the ring, Latimer is suffering in agony and might be able to tap... That's when Kamille gets angry. She and Doug Williams start arguing. That distracts the referee and... KAMILLE JUST SLAPPED DOUG WILLIAMS! WHAT THE HELL?

WINNERS BY DISQUALIFICATION: OCCAM'S RAZOR

mdjzfyi.jpguqo3oSS.jpgdQgcYKB.jpgJdvb1OI.jpg

WyJbqS2.jpgIeT1WtL.jpg

It's total nonsense.

In the ring, Sunny Dhinsa thinks that Latimer has tap out and he won fair and square. He gets his hand held up, but gets furious when he hears that they won by disqualification and that Sitrctly Business are still champions. Paul Ellering is trying to understand, and it's easy to guess, because Kamille and Doug Williams are not arguing anymore. They are smiling with all their teeth, it was a ruse! It was a travesty! Doug Williams told Kamille to simulate an argument and hit him in order to lost by DQ and still keep the gold!

Gzim gets angry, he throws Doug Williams into the ring. But like Liverpool fans, members of Strictly Business never walk alone.

NMjJ0DR.jpgmUTC7W2.jpg

NWA World Champion Nick Aldis is the first one out, encouraging Mike Bennett to follow him, as the former Prodigy is obviously dragging his feet. After all, last time they were in this type of brawl, he was left all alone and took 3 finishers, being beaten down by Occam's Razor and Jay Briscoe.

Aldis & Bennett hit the ring. With Williams and a semi-conscious Latimer, they gang up on Selmani & Dhinsa. But as they promised, the Briscoes are coming down the announcing desk and into the ring.

G2Z83nM.jpgtsgZtYi.jpg

It's an all out brawl! A 4 on 4 affair starts, with Latimer & Williams continuing their match with Occam's Razor, while Bennett is brawling with Mark Briscoe, and Aldis & Jay Briscoe are giving us a little preview of their March 14th title match! It's total pandemonium, an all out war, and that's when a surprising but fitting figure comes out.

9kHtLS5.jpg

It's Billy Corgan! And the NWA President of the Board has a microphone!

"STOP THIS! STOP THIS!

THIS IS TOTAL NONSENSE!

THIS ISN'T THE NWA! THIS IS A MESS!

Tonight, you disgraced the integrity of the world's most prestigious tag team wrestling title in the world!

Week after week, you sabotage MY program with your brawls!

I could ban you all. I could forbid you to have physical contact... But i'm a businessman first. So next week, it's only fitting that the special Super Powerr Episode would be Main Evented by a SUPER Match... As Strictly Business will face The Briscoe Brothers AND Occam's Razor in a 4 on 4 match! If we were in the 80s, this would be inside two steel cages, but you know we don't have the rights, so you'll settle this like men NEXT WEEK!"

EPISODE 36 PREDICTION CONTEST RESULTS

Theheel: 3/3

falling_star: 2/3

The Pitbull: 2/3

texasrangers: 2/3

Dustin: 2/3

tobin834: 1/3

Congrats to Theheel for the perfect score and guessing the (almost) exact ending of the Main Event! Textbook 101 booking on my part I guess :p

TOTAL STANDING:

falling_star: 12/16

Texasrangers13: 12/16

Theheel: 8/13

tobin834: 8/16

TheLariat: 3/7

EPISODE 37 PREDICTION CONTEST

Super Powerrr!

Brian Milonas vs. Aron Stevens

If Milonas wins, Stevens will pay him the 10 000$ he owes him.

If Stevens wins, Milonas will have to give him back his black belt and issue an apology

NWA TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Anthony Bennett © vs. JR Kratos

GRUDGE MATCH: Vipress vs. Thunder Rosa

MAIN EVENT: 4 vs. 4, one fall to a finish

Strictly Business (Nick Aldis, Mike Bennett, Thomas Latimer & Doug Williams)

vs.

The Briscoe Brothers & Occam's Razor

BONUS QUESTION: Who will take the pinfall in the Main Event?

Brian Milonas vs. Aron Stevens I smell The Question Mark

NWA TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Anthony Bennett © vs. JR Kratos I think Kratos goes too far with the brutality and gets himself DQ'd to extend this feud

vs.

BONUS QUESTION: Who will take the pinfall in the Main Event? Latimer

vs.

BONUS QUESTION: Who will take the pinfall in the Main Event? Mike Bennett

EPISODE 36 PREDICTION CONTEST RESULTS

Theheel: 3/3

falling_star: 2/3

tobin834: 1/3

Congrats to Theheel for the perfect score and guessing the (almost) exact ending of the Main Event! Textbook 101 booking on my part I guess :p

TOTAL STANDING:

falling_star: 12/16

Texasrangers13: 10/13

Theheel: 8/13

Looks like you missed my predictions! HAHA, think I was 2 for 3; but I can verify.

As for the new episode.

Brian Milonas vs. Aron Stevens KA-RA-TAY

NWA TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Anthony Bennett © vs. JR Kratos -- Kratos continuing his GDS boards reign of terror!

vs.

BONUS QUESTION: Who will take the pinfall in the Main Event? Williams

If Stevens wins, Milonas will have to give him back his black belt and issue an apology

Money talks and the Question Mark hits the mark

Big show need something big

She’s just so good in the ring. Her stuff looks snug and she has a bad ass attitude

vs.

BONUS QUESTION: Who will take the pinfall in the Main Event? Poor Mikey Bennett

vs.

BONUS QUESTION: Who will take the pinfall in the Main Event? Mike Bennett

Thanks for your predictions!

Looks like you missed my predictions! HAHA, think I was 2 for 3; but I can verify.

As for the new episode.

Brian Milonas vs. Aron Stevens KA-RA-TAY

NWA TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Anthony Bennett © vs. JR Kratos -- Kratos continuing his GDS boards reign of terror!

vs.

BONUS QUESTION: Who will take the pinfall in the Main Event? Williams

Duuuuuude so sorry, I KNEW I missed someone but didn't manage to find out

I edited it, really sorry again

Kratos is major money!

Wanted to bring in Odinson, but I can't copy The Collective too much :p

Money talks and the Question Mark hits the mark

Big show need something big

She’s just so good in the ring. Her stuff looks snug and she has a bad ass attitude

vs.

BONUS QUESTION: Who will take the pinfall in the Main Event? Poor Mikey Bennett

Is JR Kratos The Big Show's secret son?

Would that make him... Andre's grandson? :confused::eek:

Hey there guys!

Don't think i'll be able to post Super Powerrr tomorrow like I wanted

So this is a week-end prediction warning :D

Show should be up monday, still plenty of time to vote!

Winner of the prediction contest will CHOSE one of the next TV Champions

Also thought of a 2nd and 3rd prize but imma keep it a secret for now :D

Like that the women led the show off this week, even in the Pope/Bellevs Sal and Maria.. the women took the stage more. I think this gives you more balance and adds to the card. Also I liked the Maria breakup with Sal.. good explination and good turn in the story. How will Sal react once the pain is gone? Or will he just move on? I also like Anthony Bennett and may be one of my favorites here. Bennett's getting built with the title defenses and making reference to how many title defenses only makes him seem that much more important. Popped at the end with Corgan “But you know we don't have the rights. ” Too true, haha.

Like that the women led the show off this week, even in the Pope/Bellevs Sal and Maria.. the women took the stage more. I think this gives you more balance and adds to the card. Also I liked the Maria breakup with Sal.. good explination and good turn in the story. How will Sal react once the pain is gone? Or will he just move on? I also like Anthony Bennett and may be one of my favorites here. Bennett's getting built with the title defenses and making reference to how many title defenses only makes him seem that much more important. Popped at the end with Corgan “But you know we don't have the rights. ” Too true, haha.

Hey, much thanks for your comment buddy, really appreciate

It's one of the first game i've had in literal years playing TEW where I feel good about where I'm at with the women's division, meaning I feel it's good and I didn't resort to the "hire all the joshis" cheat, really glad you appreciate it

Anthony Bennett is also one of my fav, and his gimmick has grown to Legendary. There are great things for him in the future of this diary!

And Sal... well I guess you could say there are interesting things for him in the next events :p

Once again, thank you bud

POWERRR SURGE: EPISODE 2

iZSc5zT.jpg

SEAN MOONEY x Welcome everyone to Powerrr Surge, the special Youtube Exclusive interview show from the National Wrestling Alliance, brought to you by myself, Sean Mooney! This is where we talk the talk and speak the truth. My guest at this time is one of the favourites of the NWA faithfuls... E! Li! Drake!

ELI DRAKE x Sean the man! Thanks for having me, and thanks for the introduction.

SEAN MOONEY x You're welcome! Eli Drake, as I said you're one of the fans favourite with your braggadocious swagger and natural charisma... But you seem - without no disrespect - a little lost in the shuffle since the relaunch of NWA Powerrr at the end of last year.

ELI DRAKE x Lost in the shuffle?... Well I GUESS you could say that. But I don't consider myself lost. I'm more of hindered. Eli Drake is inhibited.

SEAN MOONEY x You're talking about the fact that you didn't have a scheduled match on some of the last Powerrr episodes?

ELI DRAKE x I'm talking about lies. There are lies everywhere in the NWA. You see, I won't spit in the hand that feeds me, I won't insult Billy Corgan... But there are clear injustice in the World Title situation. I'm not talking about a conspiracy by "the office", i'm not talking about an organization mistreating its wrestler... I'm talking about a top champion protecting his spot by preventing those he sees as a threat.

SEAN MOONEY x So, to clarify, you're talking about NWA World Heavyweight Champion Nick Aldis.

ELI DRAKE x Of course I am! Nick Aldis is picking his challengers, he's running the show with his little buddies, and he's a filthy british snobby liar. Because when the NWA was relaunched, I came to the stand and said I wanted an NWA World Title shot. Nick Aldis told me I had to deserve it. And that's right, that's fair. You know I don't back off from a fight and a chance to prove myself, Sean.

SEAN MOONEY x You sure do.

ELI DRAKE x So what did I do? I got jumped by his little friend Mike Bennett, that lil' cuckhold that I beat not once, but TWICE in the ring. Then I beat Aldis himself, teaming with Thunder Rosa against him and Kamille. Then I go on and PROVE I am the top guy. I win, I wrestle, I fight. I get back up everytime he does an injustice on me. I mean... I was the natural, logical #1 contender for the NWA's return on PPV. Ain't that right?

SEAN MOONEY x Well... I guess you could say so. The fans clearly felt that you were.

ELI DRAKE x That's right! And what did Nick Aldis do? He plucked old Ken Shamrock out from obscurity. He chose to defend his championship against a fifty-something years old former MMA fighter who didn't fight in the NWA in fifteen years! But that's cool, that's ok. I mean... It was a great title defense, right?

SEAN MOONEY x Yes it sure was!

ELI DRAKE x And THEN what happens? I position myself for a title shot, again. I say that I proved I deserve it, but Nick Aldis says I'm not good enough. He spits in my face and says that I'm not a world champion material. He says he will only defend against former world champions to elevate his stature or I don't know what bullsh*t.

SEAN MOONEY x Well, his point is that by defending against former world champions and decorated wrestlers, he will further elevate the status of the NWA World title.

ELI DRAKE x And I'm not decorated enough, that's right? Yeah, poor Eli Drake, never was a world champion... HOW AM I GONNA BE A WORLD CHAMPION IF I NEVER GET MY SHOT?!... How am I gonna prove myself I Nick Aldis actively prevents me from doing so? Because don't let me be misunderstood, I see what's going on. Nick Aldis is the NWA's golden goose. He always had! He opened the first ever NWA Powerrr. He spoke the gospel. But who else was there on the VERY FIRST NWA Powerrr?... I WAS! I made my presence felt, I became world tag team champion with James Storm, a title that I NEVER LOST!... I NEVER LOST IT! And I would STILL be world tag team champion if Nick Aldis' little friend Doug Williams hadn't cheat a win out of me and Tim Storm. So, you see what's causing Aldis... I mean, all this?

SEAN MOONEY x I sure can't deny you make valid points. But you can deny that Jay Briscoe, who will face Nick Aldis for the world championship at NWA's next PPV, is a great challenger... Do you feel you deserve this title shot more than him.

ELI DRAKE x Of course I do!... Jay Briscoe isn't a NWA talent. He isn't signed here. Almost two years ago, he crashed the Crockett Cup and invaded the NWA with his brother. He insulted the NWA... And who was there to defend the honour of the NWA next to Nick Aldis? It was E... LI... DRAKE!... We went to Ring Of Honor, we teamed with Aldis to defend the NWA? and we faced the Briscoe. So of course I deserve this title shot more than Jay Briscoe. I'm NWA through and through. Jay Briscoe is an outsider who wants the belt to give it to his old nostalgic papa. I'm dedicated about NWA. This is my house... MY house. This is my chance at FINALLY being a world champion. A REAL world champion. What did Jay Briscoe do to deserve this title shot, apart from attacking Nick Aldis?

SEAN MOONEY x Well... Sorry to be maybe unpolite, but Jay Briscoe DID beat you on NWA Powerrr few weeks ago.

ELI DRAKE x Sean, you're not unpolite, you're disrespectful my man... Because I would have won, if Nick Aldis didn't interfere. See? Him again! The same Nick Aldis who's afraid of having me as his challenger. The same Nick Aldis who's putting roadblock after roadblock after roadblock after roadblock on Eli Drake's way. The same Nick Aldis who cheats and lies. And the NWA Board is lying to itself and to ME to protect their golden goose.

??? x Sorry to interrupt, my friends, but I may have something to say...

SEAN MOONEY x Uh... I mean... Yes! Of course. Ladies and gentlemen, NWA producer and road agent, Truth Martini

bgP20XJ.jpg

TRUTH MARTINI x E... Li... Drake... We know each other Eli, we've crossed paths for like, five, six, seven years?

ELI DRAKE x Yeah something like that. What's your point?

TRUTH MARTINI x My point, is that I once knew a man in the exact same situation as you. A man who goes by the name of Roderick Strong. A man who Ring Of Honor denied time after time, preventing him from having the title shot he deserved. A man who faced roadblocks similar to yours.

ELI DRAKE x I ain't no Roderick Strong and this ain't no Ring Of Honor.

TRUTH MARTINI x Of course... Of course... But there are similarities in your two situations. You're being lied to. You're being hindered. And like Roderick Strong, the only salvation you will find is in the Truth.

ELI DRAKE x Man, I don't have time for no personal coaching crap.

TRUTH MARTINI x I'm talking about the real truth, Eli. Not the ugly lies the Board tells you, nor the pretty lies the fans serve you. The truth is, you have to change your narrative. Eli Drake, never had been a world champion, so what? Go on and collect belts. Go on and collect the heads of the other champions. What is stopping you? The truth is you're becoming what you hate, a whiner. You've got to take back control of your own career.. OF YOUR LIFE!

ELI DRAKE x ...

SEAN MOONEY x Well, uh... Thanks Truth. Guys I think we're done here, this was Sean Mooney with Eli Drake... And Truth Martini. Thanks for watching this episode of Powerrr Surge and don't forget, next Tuesday, 6:05 PM, NWA Super Powerrr will be live on Youtube!

iZSc5zT.jpg

SEAN MOONEY x Welcome everyone to Powerrr Surge, the special Youtube Exclusive interview show from the National Wrestling Alliance, brought to you by myself, Sean Mooney! My guests at this time are none other than "The Pope", d'Angelo Dinero, and NWA National Heavyweight Champion Trevor Murdock.

TREVOR MURDOCK x Thank ya for havin' me, Sean.

THE POPE x Indeed, indeed, thank you sir for having the Pope on your programing, Mister Mooney.

SEAN MOONEY x Mister Dinero, over the last few weeks, you've made a few comments about wanting to represent the Nation. You spoke quite openly against Mister Murdock here with some... Derogatory words while you were on commentary during his last match. Can you elaborate more on what you mean?

THE POPE x What Pope says is what Pope means, Mooney! I want to be beacon of hope for the millions of brothers and sisters in the country who feel left aside, who feel misrepresented and undervalued. People like Marti Belle. Marti Belle is a fierce young wrestler who never had a shot. She has been a stoge for Melina Perez, always in her and Thunder Rosa's shadow. Why weren't she featured as much as Melina? Why didn't she have as much chances as Thunder Rosa? Is that because two is the maximum NWA can promote hispanic young women? What about the representation of the afro-americans? Aside from myself and Anthony Bennett, who is there? Who's featured? Anthony Bennett is a fine young man, althought he cheated to beat the Pope multiple times, but he doesn't have the shoulders to carry the burden of our brothers and sisters... Pope has! So that's what I mean, mister Mooney, when I say I want to stand for the people. I want to be a role model for little kids, those who's skin is black, brown or yellow. I want them to see me on TV and knowing that THIS is America. I want them to have a role-model that looks like them, that they want to be like!

SEAN MOONEY x Well, those are very noble goals, mister Dinero, although some might say they seem a little self-centered and... Insincere.

THE POPE x Insincere? INSINCERE? Let Pope tell you about INSINCERE. INSINCERE is the NWA telling us they are the future. INSINCERE is the NWA telling us no more politics, no bullsh*t, just wrestling. INSINCERE is the NWA telling us they're giving EVERYONE a chance, but having a british snob as the world champion and a white redneck as the champion of the country!

TREVOR MURDOCK x Ok, here we go...

THE POPE x Yes, here we go! Because Pope meant every bit of things he said about you, Trevor Murdock. The NWA National Heavyweight Champion is the champion of OUR country. And what are gonna little kids see when they turn on NWA Powerrr? They're gonna see a fat, old white redneck with every privilege in this world that's supposed to represent them! This isn't the 60's NWA anymore, and you're not representing anyone!

TREVOR MURDOCK x You're finished?

THE POPE x Hell no Pope isn't finished! Pope isn't finished until HE is the NWA National champion!

TREVOR MURDOCK x That's it?... Done?... Ok. Listen up, man. I'm not into politics, I ain't got no times nor the brain cells for that. But lemme tell ya' something. YES, I am a big fat old redneck. But don't get fooled. I'm fully aware I'm privileged because i'm white. But let it be known that every meal I ever had was paid for by my hard work. Every toy my kids ever had have been paid for by the sweat and the blood of their pop'. You wanna talk about representation? I don't care about skin colour, brother, I don't see them. What I represent is EVERY hard-working blue-collar american, wheter he's white, black, brown, yellow, blue or green! What do you put a matter of race when they're ain't any?

THE POPE x There ain't any?! THERE AIN'T ANY?! Have you seen the news?

TREVOR MURDOCK x Man, of course I've seen the news. I was in the streets for Black Lives Matter. You see me and you think I'm a dumb redneck racist hillbilly, but don't let appearances fool you. I'm talking about the NWA. We've got an afro-american TV Champion, a fantastic young man who YOU tried to demolish. Is that representation?... Look at our other champions! Three british guys. And what about Thunder Rosa? She was one of the faces of the NWA during the pandemic, and she's hispanic! NWA is for everybody. NWA is where we don't look at race, we look at guts, we look at passion... And you want my two cents?... You don't have any of it, so you try to bring politics to get your shot. That's what this is about.

THE POPE x The Pope is upset, angered and revolted at these words. Is that what you brought Pope here for, Mooney? To be insulted?

TREVOR MURDOCK x You're the one who started this, brother.

SEAN MOONEY x Gentlemen, the goal of this sit-down was to give yourselves an occasion to speak it out. It's of interest to everybody to here what you have to say. You're two veterans, two fantastic wrestlers and your opinions matter... We won't tell you to "wrestle and shut up".

THE POPE x You've heard Pope, and he still wants to thank you for this opportunity to speak HIS gospel. I wanna extend my hand to everyone watching. Join me. Join my Congregation. We're starting a revolution, we're aiming at taking back OUR country.

TREVOR MURDOCK x Yeah and how much are you charging on the admission fee?

THE POPE x You will shut your mouth when Pope is talking! Your days as NWA National Champion are numbered, Trevor Murdock! The Pope will be the NWA National Heavyweight Championship, and that is the gospel, according the pimp-slapping foot-tappin' hand-clappin' always on fire, d'Angelo Dinero!

TREVOR MURDOCK x I'll take your challenge, man. Any time you want.

SEAN MOONEY x Well, a challenge has been issued AND accepted! That was NWA Powerrr Surge, ladies and gentlemen, thanks for tuning in!

TREVOR MURDOCK x Hey, brother... All you had to do was ask. This country has suffered ehenough of division.

The promo is very good. But Billy Corgan would never air this. Remember the bad press they had after that Jim Cornette joke? This would be worse. Because the lying heel uses the race to forward his agenda. With all the sensitivities in Europe and US, this would be seen as bad publicity. I like the promo, i get the character, but it would be a huge backlash towards The NWA.

Aron Stevens is so good at getting his ass whooped.

But Bennett retains. There is a story there with the 7th title defense. And it would be a shame to miss it.

Because Deeb still wants her. Rosa gets a detour, hell, maybe even building to a stipulation match at Pop-up , but she is higher on the priorities list now.

vs.

BONUS QUESTION: Who will take the pinfall in the Main Event? Aldis.

The promo is very good. But Billy Corgan would never air this. Remember the bad press they had after that Jim Cornette joke? This would be worse. Because the lying heel uses the race to forward his agenda. With all the sensitivities in Europe and US, this would be seen as bad publicity. I like the promo, i get the character, but it would be a huge backlash towards The NWA.

Hey man

Thanks for the comment

I realize that you might be right, on that's something I tought about. I still went ahead with it, because I like stories with shades of grey and moral stakes. Of course, Pope SEEMS lile the heel. But didn't he make good on his promise towards Marti Belle? Isn't he right in all he says, while Murdock seems oblivious to the importance of some of the things that are discussed? In this diary heels and faces are not clearly defined, as you can see with Eli Drake, or even Jay Briscoe and Nick Aldis. I try yo replicate this with Pope/Murdock. Not sayin there's a "double turn" coming, but you never know

I understand the intricacies of all this might not translate well, most notably due to the fact that english is not my first language, and I apologize if that sounds and people feel offended.

Also, thanks for your predictions!

EPISODE 37: SUPER POWERRR 3

mkP154A.jpg

You weave your spell, your eyes they beckon me

Your lips they speak, lies and misery

I know it's wrong, but I can't turn away

The flames draw near, they're telling me to stay

INTO THE FIRE!

SbVug87.jpg6OAJRof.jpg

Welcome everyone NWA Powerrr for a special 1h30 edition... It's SUPER Powerrr! David Marquez and Joe Galli welcome us to this larger than life dose of NWA wrestling. They remind us that in just 3 weeks, on March 13 & March 14, the NWA will be BACK ON PAY PER VIEW! The NWA will hold a double header: it's the return of the NWA Pop-Up Event, LIVE from Atlanta Georgia! The second night will be headlined by the much anticipated NWA World Heavyweight Championship bout between champion Nick Aldis and challenger Jay Briscoe. It has also been announced on NWA Social Media that Serena Deeb will make her first defense of the NWA Women's World Championship against Kamille, who pinned her in a previous tag team match.

But TONIGHT, a loaded card: Milonas vs. Aron Stevens with 10 000$ on the line. The grudge match between Thunder Rosa and Vipress. A NWA World Television Championship match between Anthony Bennett and challenger JR Kratos. And the Main Event: a huge 4 on 4 tag team match between the team of the Briscoes and Occam's Razor, and Strictly Business. We go STRAIGHT to the action, with the match between Brian Milonas and Aron Stevens.

LGJ12K6.jpgI3I7V5q.jpg

1. Aron Stevens vs. Brian Milonas

Aron Stevens makes his entrance with a small Louis Vuitton bag full of cash, as always pompous and boistering about his greatness, while David Marquez notes that the Question Mark is still nowhere to be seen. Brian Milonas enters with a large can of beer that he empties on his way to the ring... And around his belly is the long karate black belt that he stole from Stevens. If he loses the match, he will have to give it back... And issue a public apology.

The match starts with a more serious than usual Aron Stevens who postures up. The self-proclaimed "Shooter" goes for his opponents legs, and tries to take him down, but the overweighted Milonas is immovable. He smashes Stevens on the back with his forearms and sends him to the rope. On the return, he hits him with a shoulder block that sends him down. Milonas takes it slow and easy, and surprisingly he's the one taking this match lightly, obviously not concerned by his opponent who he feels is lesser than him.

The more serious than before Stevens does everything he can, and hits some dirty moves that allows him to stay in the match. For example, as Milonas picks him up for a clothesline, he eye pokes him. In the end, though, his dirty tactics only angers Milonas even more. As Stevens continously pokes the bear, the bear comes back biting... With a huge bear hug. Stevens lets out an acute sharp scream, and taps out.

WINNER: BRIAN MILONAS

I3I7V5q.jpg

The referee gives Milonas the Vuitton bag with the 10 000$ in cash inside it. As the crowd clamors for the money, hoping Milonas to do like Andre the Giant did at Wrestlemania 1, Milonas smiles and says he's got the money in the bag. He leaves, and the camera zooms on a beaten down Aron Stevens in the middle of the ring. As he gets back up, our boy Sean Mooney comes out and wants to interview him post-match.

tmocOOD.jpgLGJ12K6.jpg

Mooney comes to Stevens and asks him his thoughts after losing 10 000$ dollars and NOT getting his black belt back. Stevens is upset, doesn't answer and... He's crying? Mooney asks him if he's alright and if he's crying, but Stevens shouts "I'M NOT CRYING!" Of course, the crowd in the studio answers with a "YES YOU ARE" chant, and Stevens runs out of the ring with tears in his eyes, and a sad but incredibly funny facial expression.

y1rsWQT.jpgEOWONlk.jpg

Thunder Rosa vs. Vipress

After weeks of sneak attacks, mind games and a post-phoned match, we finally get this much anticipated contest. Vipress has made it clear she's out for Thunder Rosa, in order to establish herself in the division on the prone body of the former 1 year long NWA Women's World Champion. Her plan was to make Rosa mad in order to make her lose her temper and make mistakes in this very match, whereas she claims she's a cold-blooded snake and that will propel her to success.

Of course, Thunder Rosa couldn't wait to get her hands on Vipress. As soon as the bell rings, she runs at Vipress... Who gets in the ropes, forcing the referee to asks Rosa to back up. Vipress has an emotionless facial expression, and she clearly continues her mind games. Two more times, she evades Rosa's offense by hiding in the ropes. On the third time, the referee issues a warning and tells her she'll be disqualified if she doesn't engage. Rosa goes after her, angrier than ever. That anger leads her to go head down to the contact, and Vipress can easily ducks her and kicks her behind the knee.

This is the global physionomy of the match. Vipress plays at angering Rosa and stalls, capitalizing on her opponent's mistakes. The former champion, who's acostumed to MMA fights and all out brawls, is not in her element here. She achieves a few powerful strikes, and it's clear that if the two women go at it at full speed, she has the power advantage and she will gain the upside. But the slythering Serpent of Evil escapes every time she sees her opponent getting the better of her.

This strategy is ultimately her doom, because after escape a flurry of kicks by rolling out of the ring, she doesn't think that Thunder Rosa can make the next move... A suicide dive throught the third and the second rope! Thunder hits Vipress at full speed, then throws Vipress back in the ring. She preys on her, ready for a roundhouse kick... But Vipress catches it, hits a dragon screw and a quick bridge pin! One, two... Thunder Rosa kicks out, bridging up and keeping her arms around Vipress's midsection. The women are in a tense situation, both having their feet to the ground but behind bent backwards. Rosa rolls to be on the top position, her arms stil around Vipress's gut... And she gets her in a standing Guillotine Choke! Vipress has no choice but to tap out.

WINNER: THUNDER ROSA

y1rsWQT.jpgEOWONlk.jpg

Thunder Rosa is celebrating finally triumphing from her foe. After having her arm raised up, she asks for a microphone. She wants to adress the crowd... But from behind, Vipress attacks her! Armed with a chair, the Serpent of Evil smacks hit with the top edge behind her knee. Vipress is finally letting out some emotions on her face, and it's fury. She smashes the chair multiple times on Thunder's knee, and she's enjoying this outburst of violence.

Some referee try to get in between, but Vipress keeps them at bay with the chair she has in hands and the vicious look in her eyes. That's when the lights in the studio surprisingly go out...

When they come back, someone is in the ring, behind Vipress, on his hands and knees, ready to strike. It's...

w5fX4gE.jpg

IT'S HOLIDEAD! Joe Galli notes that Holidead is Thunder Rosa's former tag team partner in the "Twisted Sisters" team. David Marquez asks if she's here to defend her former partner or attack her... But it becomes clear, when Vipress turns around, that Holidead has her eyes fixed on her. The menacing face-painted Holidead slowly crawls towards Vipress. The Serpent of Evil is hesitating,... And decide to leave the chair in the ring and back off. She's visibly too scared by Holidead, or at least concerned, to fight her. The medical staff hurries and go check on Rosa's knee... But Holidead pushes them off. It's SHE who helps Rosa to one feet. Rosa's visibly injured, but the damages could have been worse had her friend Holidead not saved her by making her NWA debut.

cfUfkTi.jpg

We get a pre-recorded promo from NWA National Heavyweight Champion Trevor Murdock, and footages from the appearance he made at Ring Of Honor last PPV in a winning effort against Cheeseburger, where he defended his championship. Murdock tells us everybody has heard from Pope. Pope likes to talk. Pope likes politics, and Pope likes himself. Murdock says he's not into politics. He fights for the people, whatever Pope thinks. He warns people that might be tempted to join Pope's Congregation: he's a fraud. He's out to steal their hopes and their money. Murdock says he has no choice but to accept Pope's challenge. That's why he will defend his title against him, on Night 1 on NWA Pop Up Event!

Qe5Tsba.jpg

9qIhlDJ.jpg2QeprzN.jpg

3. Anthony Bennett © vs. JR KRatos

Anthony Bennett is out to make his 6th title defense tonight! If he achieves 7 successful title defense, he will vacates the TV Title in exchange for a NWA World Heavyweight Championship shot.

He faces the muscular JR Kratos tonight in a classical clash of styles. It's strenght against speed, it's heavy hitting against high-flying, and powermoves versus speedy attacks. As the TV Title Matches are limited to a 7 minutes limits, we skip the usual feeling out process and the two men go head first into confrontation.

The match tells a good story of Bennett being the underdog but compensating what he lacks in size with his heart and resilience. The huge JR Kratos hits every big move he has, but ultimately never seems to be able to keep Anthony Bennett down, as the champs achieves nearfall after nearfall.

As the referee signals for 1 minute remaining in the match, something suddenly switches in JR Kratos. He grabs Anthony Bennett by the throat and... He's choking him! He's choking him with his bare hands! The ref tries to stop him, and signals for the bell, signaling a disqualification.

WINNER AND STILL NWA WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION: ANTHONY BENNETT

9qIhlDJ.jpg2QeprzN.jpg

The champion succesfully defend his title, but at what price? As referee swarm (again) the ring, JR Kratos let go of Anthony Bennett. JR Kratos leaves the ring and asks for a microphone. He tells us he wasn't here to win the TV Championship, Anthony Bennett was wrong about that... He's only here to weaken Anthony Bennett for his next scheduled title defense... Because it will be against his mentor, his spiritual leader. Next week, he'll reval who it is. And the world will shake in fear.

cbalLBh.jpgtsgZtYi.jpg

The Briscoes make their entrance for the Main Event. Jay goes straight to the ring announcer and takes his microphone. He says he's sick of Strictly Business's shady tactics. Tonight, it's 4 vs. 4 but he knows Kamille will be ringside. He never had a problem with hitting back a woman who deserves it (yikes) but he doesn't want to bother. So tonight, he'll have an insurance policy against Kamille...

oRd4wGB.jpg

It's ODB! She's making her return to the NWA for the first time since december 2019!

NMjJ0DR.jpgmdjzfyi.jpguqo3oSS.jpgmUTC7W2.jpg

cbalLBh.jpgtsgZtYi.jpgJdvb1OI.jpgdQgcYKB.jpg

4. Strictly Business vs. Briscoe Brothers & Occam's Razor

There's MAJOR bad blood between these two camps, and they go for an all out brawl in this match!

Of course, somes stories shine more than others. The animosity between challenger Jay Briscoe and world champion Nick Aldis is at an all time high, but they manage it differently. As Briscoe wants Aldis in the ring, the champ carefully avoids him and taggs out each and every time the former ROH World Champion gets tagged in. He usually taggs Thomas Latimer in, asking his Wildcard to injure Jay Briscoe.

Occam's Razor, for their part, are angrier than ever after being screwed out of the NWA World Tag Team Championship match last week. Guided and encouraged by their father figure Paul Ellering from ringside, they MAUL their opponents. It's Mike Bennett who often pays the price of this, as he suffers numerous double team moves from the duo.

Ringside, Kamille is cut off by ODB each and every time she shows even the slightest intent of interfering in the match. They argue often, and it all comes to blows when Kamille grabs Jay Briscoe's foot from ringside, making him trip. ODB charges Kamile and hits her with everything she's got. In the ring, it's this moment that Nick Aldis choses to tag in, and he applies the Figure Four Leglock on Jay Briscoe!

Mark tries to get in the middle, but Latimer puts him down with a spear. In return, he gets hit by a double clothesline from Occam's Razor. It's chaos in and out of the ring, where Kamille took control of ODB with a knee to the gut and sends her into the plexiglas between them and the front crowd.

In the ring, the ref is getting control back, and Jay Briscoe made it to the ropes. Nick Aldis gets back up, and Jay Briscoe FINALLY gets his hands on him. He punches him and kicks him, and attempts to hit his Jay Driller... BUt Aldis escapes, and runs to his corner, where he slaps Michael Bennett on the chest, tagging him in!

Bennett is surprised and upset, as Aldis gets behind the rope. Bennett steps in but is in an argument with team leader Nick Aldis. Behind him, Jay Briscoe approaches and turns him back, kicks him in the gut, and hits him with the Jay Driller!

As he pins him, Latimer is still tired on a knee outside of the ring, while Williams is not on the apron, recuperating his breath. Aldis doesn't even try to break the pinfall, and Strictly Business loses.

WINNER: THE BRISCOES & OCCAM'S RAZOR

As the bell rings and Jay Briscoe gets his hand lifted by the referee, Aldis goes to retrieve his championship belt and those of Latimer & Williams. He switfly walks to the back, not running, not escaping, but visibly fuming, countrymen Williams & Latimer following him, while Mike Bennett is still out in the middle of the ring.

Before Super Powerrr ends, we get treated to an exclusive footage courtesy of Ring Of Honor. We see the Main Event of their last PPV ending, with Rush successfully defend his ROH World Championship against Shane Taylor. But after the Main Event and after the PPV feed went off, a familiar face got to the ring.

4ZvcZ9g.jpg

Eli Drake "invaded" Ring of Honor, as he jumped the ROH World Champion and put the boot to him. He hit him with his Bottom Gravy and took a microphone. Eli Drake said that as the NWA World Champion didn't let him, the best wrestler in the NWA challenges because he's not a former world champion, he decided to come here, to Ring Of Honor... And take THEIR world champion out. Eli Drake says he doesn't care about the ROH World Championship, outright disrespecting it, but Rush is a stepping stone to getting in contention for the REAL World Championship.

EPISODE 37 PREDICTION CONTEST RESULTS

falling_star: 3/4

Dustin: 2/4 + Bonus Point

Texasrangers13: 2/4

Theheel: 2/4 + Bonus Point

The Pitbull: 3/4

Once again, thanks everybody for participating!

There's gonna be just 3 more shows fore this prediction contest, everyone's still in the running!

TOTAL STANDING:

falling_star: 15/20

Texasrangers13: 14/20

Theheel: 11/17

Dustin: 5/7

The Pitbull: 5/7

Wrestlingobserver.jpg

NWA on a hiring spree?

The NWA has made a few hirings this past few weeks.

While no major name, the feeling is that NWA wants to nurture young wrestlers and use them both as a mean of making established stars look good while gromming them for the futures.

Genenral feeling is that Billy Corgan had a few goods months to relaunch the brand following the pandemics, and that he now wants to mold the roster towards a younger product. While some older stars retired (like Tim Storm) or are falling down the card (Aron Stevens being the prime example), NWA management doesn't want to rely on the same stars. They're making a great job of building NWA World TV Champiob Anthony Bennett at the moment, but they want to do more.

Rumor is that the NWA also wants to incorporate a "Young Boys" system like what the NWA is doing.

The signees are : former MMA fighter and CHIKARA alumni Matt Makowski ; Still Life with Apricots who is another CHIKARA alumni, and plays the gimmick of a weird post-modern-artist ; former Mae Young Classic participant and one-time NWA competitor Priscilla Kelly ; UK wrestling sensation New Zealander TK Cooper ; and the latter's fiancee, manager and part-time teammate as the South Pacific Power Couple, Dahlia Black, who's also in PROGRESS Wrestling's management team.

61QXMgz.jpgglYtnrp.jpgRg6EX8J.jpg2R04IbJ.jpgXAAEAO3.jpg

We still don't know how or when these signees will be incorporated in the NWA, but the general ideas is that they aren't going to be heavily featured right away.

One more signing has been made by the NWA, but one which remains secret. The company is said to be really extatic about this major signing, who will debut on the first night of the NWA Pop Up Event in a few weeks.