[RELEASE] OldSchoolMMA 2007 Real World Mod

Sup guys.

I said the 2000 mod was going to be my last mod but the covid came in and i had a lot of free time, so i worked on this mod for the last 4 months and im really happy with the results, 2007 was the year that i started to follow MMA and im having so much fun playing this, i hope you guys enjoy!

MOD: http://www.mediafire.com/file/rldv96nfkayh3kg/2007+Mod.rar/

PICTURES: http://www.mediafire.com/file/w5351kdl7rg3p2m/2007+Pic.rar/

FREE PICTURES (Optional): http://www.mediafire.com/file/au25igqdoy40m9n/2000_Pictures.rar/

I will keep updating the mod regurlaly, so if you see some error please let me know!

Credits: WecNeverDies, MacGowan and Tag01 for some of the pictures and most of the broadcasters.

Also thanks to Blackman for general help.

This looks amazing! Thank you so much! One thing I noticed is that WEC doesn't have their Light Heavyweight, Middleweight, or Welterweight divisions which they still had at the time.

Yes, since you cant make a company remove weight classes in the future, i decided to make WEC only light classes like they were known for in the latest years of the company.

Looks like a really great mod. Ill try it out. Ive noticed some established fighters at the time seem a little bit underwhelming, but its hard to get everyone right I guess.

One thing. Jens Pulver is 0-1-1 in UFC instead of 6-1-1 and he sucks really hard, he's not great but he was UFC champ for a while.

I see you generally keep the skills much lower than the other mods, so everyone dont have 90%+ in every category, which I like.

Other than that I really appricheate the detail in this mod. Its by far the most realistic and detailed historic mod I've seen.

Looks like a really great mod. Ill try it out. Ive noticed some established fighters at the time seem a little bit underwhelming, but its hard to get everyone right I guess.

One thing. Jens Pulver is 0-1-1 in UFC instead of 6-1-1 and he sucks really hard, he's not great but he was UFC champ for a while.

I see you generally keep the skills much lower than the other mods, so everyone dont have 90%+ in every category, which I like.

Other than that I really appricheate the detail in this mod. Its by far the most realistic and detailed historic mod I've seen.

Thanks for the feedback, i just noticed some company records didnt register even with the fights there, i will fix this in the next update.

About the skills is the way that i like to do my mods, i dont think a MMA fighter should have 90% punch technique, for me thats a pro boxing level, thats why i try to not exaggerate on skills.... but they will evolve eventually.

And about Jens Pulver and some other stablished fighters, we talking about 2007 Pulver, he wasnt on his prime and he was really inconsistent, so i had to cut his skills a little bit.

Wand and Chuck are the same for example, i had to cut their consistency and chin to make things more realistic.

Thanks for the feedback, i just noticed some company records didnt register even with the fights there, i will fix this in the next update.

About the skills is the way that i like to do my mods, i dont think a MMA fighter should have 90% punch technique, for me thats a pro boxing level, thats why i try to not exaggerate on skills.... but they will evolve eventually.

And about Jens Pulver and some other stablished fighters, we talking about 2007 Pulver, he wasnt on his prime and he was really inconsistent, so i had to cut his skills a little bit.

Wand and Chuck are the same for example, i had to cut their consistency and chin to make things more realistic.

Yeah I noticed that. Chuck has already been knocked out three fights in a row on my save (Im in the end of 2008 now). But like I said, great mod. The best out there IMO!

First off, great work overall - thank you so much for all the effort!

I strutted down some thoughts as they came to me - so I apologize for them not being very structured:

- Having WEC reduced to it's lower weight classes doesn't work for me. Carlos Condit and Paulo Filho (and to a smaller degree Brian Stann) are significant figures in WEC lore (at least to me) and having them as free agents feels all kinds of wrong. Then again, having them with the UFC 18 months too early would feel wrong, too. For personal use, I'll definitely add the three WEC weight classes back in before I start a serious game.

- You probably thought about this already, but is there potentially a place for K-1 as a company in the game? They had a significant (if atrocious) Event in LA in June 2007 featuring the debut of Brock Lesnar and another (somewhat) significant event on New Year's. Then again, the Dynamite USA event was co-promoted by EliteXC, just like the Strikeforce event (Shamrock/Baroni) a couple of weeks later which is something the game can't simulate properly anyway.

- Jason Black, Steven Lynch, Doug Evans and Brandon Melendez all have UFC fights in June 2007, so they should probably be in the database and under UFC contract.

- Jordan Radev is in the database, but he should be under UFC contract since he also has a fight at UFC Fight Night in June.

- The NFL's Johnnie Morton had his sole MMA fight in June 2007 and was one of the draws for the ill-fated Dynamite USA, so maybe he should be in as well so we can recreate him getting pathetically knocked out in under a minute.

- WEC should have a broadcasting contract with Versus

- EliteXC should probably have a broadcasting contract with Pro Elite PPV

- Broadcasters might need some work in general (at a glance: ESPN should not be smaller than ESPN 2; SEG probably shouldn't exist anymore)

- I don't think title prestiges are very important in WMMA, so I don't know if you wanna mess with them, but if you do, the UFC Lightweight title needs to be decreased (with Jens Pulver and the Steroid shark as only titleholders, it was still a joke in 2006) and some of the other UFC belts (especially 205) might need slight boosts.

- I'd understand if you simply didn't wanna mess with it, but EliteXC did not use the standard weight classes. Perhaps most notably, the Lightweight limit was 160 pounds.

- Did Rio Heroes really have weight classes? I only ever watched one of those, I think, but I remember them as pretty classic openweight vale tudo.

First off, great work overall - thank you so much for all the effort!

I strutted down some thoughts as they came to me - so I apologize for them not being very structured:

- Having WEC reduced to it's lower weight classes doesn't work for me. Carlos Condit and Paulo Filho (and to a smaller degree Brian Stann) are significant figures in WEC lore (at least to me) and having them as free agents feels all kinds of wrong. Then again, having them with the UFC 18 months too early would feel wrong, too. For personal use, I'll definitely add the three WEC weight classes back in before I start a serious game.

- You probably thought about this already, but is there potentially a place for K-1 as a company in the game? They had a significant (if atrocious) Event in LA in June 2007 featuring the debut of Brock Lesnar and another (somewhat) significant event on New Year's. Then again, the Dynamite USA event was co-promoted by EliteXC, just like the Strikeforce event (Shamrock/Baroni) a couple of weeks later which is something the game can't simulate properly anyway.

- Jason Black, Steven Lynch, Doug Evans and Brandon Melendez all have UFC fights in June 2007, so they should probably be in the database and under UFC contract.

- Jordan Radev is in the database, but he should be under UFC contract since he also has a fight at UFC Fight Night in June.

- The NFL's Johnnie Morton had his sole MMA fight in June 2007 and was one of the draws for the ill-fated Dynamite USA, so maybe he should be in as well so we can recreate him getting pathetically knocked out in under a minute.

- WEC should have a broadcasting contract with Versus

- EliteXC should probably have a broadcasting contract with Pro Elite PPV

- Broadcasters might need some work in general (at a glance: ESPN should not be smaller than ESPN 2; SEG probably shouldn't exist anymore)

- I don't think title prestiges are very important in WMMA, so I don't know if you wanna mess with them, but if you do, the UFC Lightweight title needs to be decreased (with Jens Pulver and the Steroid shark as only titleholders, it was still a joke in 2006) and some of the other UFC belts (especially 205) might need slight boosts.

- I'd understand if you simply didn't wanna mess with it, but EliteXC did not use the standard weight classes. Perhaps most notably, the Lightweight limit was 160 pounds.

- Did Rio Heroes really have weight classes? I only ever watched one of those, I think, but I remember them as pretty classic openweight vale tudo.

Thanks for the feedback! I will fix fighters without contract in the next update for sure. There is some things i forgot to explain about some companies and weight classes... I tried to not mess with weight system like for example put 160 lbs on EliteXC, this will mess with the world rankings and this is the same reason i dont have Super Heavyweights in my mods.

The WEC i already explained why i removed heavier classes, but i totally understand why this bother some people, it bothers me too but pretty much all the companies have heavier classes and the final WEC years with only light weight classes was so good that i opted for this.

You see broadcasters is a huge problem for me because im not american and i have no clue what is big or not, so i decided to use broadcasters from other mods.

About prestige im not sure if have a big impact in game, so i didnt paid much attention on it, i remember thinking since UFC is the biggest company, their titles should have more prestige but i will take a better look.

And Rio Heroes had weight classes but it was tournaments. To be honest i just decided to put Rio Heroes in because i wanted a true vale tudo company even though no one knows this company and they had like 8 events... their name is really cool also.

I also noticed something - There are only 50 MMA camps in the database so a bunch of fighters will have nowhere to train.

Im updating the Real World Mod for myself on a monthly basis and i've added like 400 new camps from around the world. If you want you can take a look and maybe import some of them.

I also noticed something - There are only 50 MMA camps in the database so a bunch of fighters will have nowhere to train.

Im updating the Real World Mod for myself on a monthly basis and i've added like 400 new camps from around the world. If you want you can take a look and maybe import some of them.

Thank you, i appreciate it but i like my mods with faster loadings, this is why i only put 50 teams and 25 companies.

Thank you, i appreciate it but i like my mods with faster loadings, this is why i only put 50 teams and 25 companies.
Yes I understand! I only suggested it if you hadn't had the time to do it but then I know! I imported some new teams into your DB when I started my game so no problems. I dont find the loading times with 400 teams a problem but that might come down to computer capacity I dont know.

Like I said, great job!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Daelh" data-cite="Daelh" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52086" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes I understand! I only suggested it if you hadn't had the time to do it but then I know! I imported some new teams into your DB when I started my game so no problems. I dont find the loading times with 400 teams a problem but that might come down to computer capacity I dont know. <p> </p><p> Like I said, great job!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If Oldschool doesn't mind and you don't, would you be willing to share your teams? Thank you!</p>

I always love your mods, have been playing them since Vale-Tud to MMA and my favortie save is from that mod, played through to 2005 so far.

This one is so awesome, i have been looking for a mod in this era for a long time and now this and max' 2009 update come out within weeks? Love the content keep it up!

Here's a list of some changes I made for my personal use - maybe you've already incorporated some of them in your last update, but I thought I'd share just in case you can use some of them:

- Added LHW, MW and WW fighter contracts, titles and title histories to WEC

- Added Jordan Radev UFC contract (at MW) and updated his record (I believe he was missing two wins)

- Added Renato Sobral UFC contract (his last UFC fight was in August)

- Added Richie Hightower UFC contract (at WW)

- Added Joe Scarola, Billy Miles, Paul Georgieff, Troy Mandaloniz, Blake Bowman, Jared Rollins and Dan Barrera to the database and to the UFC as Welterweights (all TUF 6 contestants)

- Changed George Sotiropolous and Mac Danzig UFC weight classes to WW (also TUF 6 contestants)

- Also more weight class changes (all of these had their next fight or fights at the weight class I changed them to):

Dan Henderson to LHW

Michael Bisping to LHW

Alessio Sakara to LHW

Kalib Starnes to MW

Martin Kampmann to MW (but injured)

Tamdan McCrory to WW

Duane Ludwig to WW

Nick Diaz to LW

KJ Noons to LW

Joey Villasenor to MW

Jeff Curran to FW

Justin Robbins to BW

- Made Tony Fryklund active and added Strikeforce contract

- Tinkered with marketability of some UFC fighters (Roger Huerta stood out - his good looks and marketability were part of the reason he was featured so prominently at that time)

- Kultar Gill was linked to a fight history record (Fight Night: Stevenson v Guillard) when it should be Kurt Pellegrino

Gill also should be 0-0 in the UFC, not 1-0 and Pellegrino is missing one win in his UFC record

Big picture, I think about adding the IFL and K-1 Hero's who were active and actually still bigger players than EliteXC or Strikeforce in the first half of 2007.

On the other hand, I may see if the mod runs more to my liking if I delete all the smaller companies (M-1, Pancrase, KOTC, Jungle Fight and so on) because I absolutely don't like them signing so many fighters and taking them away from were they should be (for example, in one test game, all of the top Japanese lightweights were fighting each other in Russia for M-1, which just makes no sense).

It's less of a problem with the mod and more with the game engine itself, of course. I tried limiting roster sizes for most companies and that helps a bit, but I wonder if eliminating the smaller companies and trusting in the game engine's large local shows to take their place might feel more realistic.