Penalised for low heat

Hi every one !

I'va been playing a home made compagny for 5 in game years with a "Classic Balanced" production. I'm just starting to pick over 60 ratings on weekly basis wich is nice.

Last PPV went really well, except for one thing. The Classic Balanced product ask me to have 2 storylines rated over 50. Wich i had 7, rated between 55 and 70. Despite that, all my important matchs got the RA note that the "storyline lack of heat" or something similar.

All my storylines are considered "hot" (i pay real attention that none of them goes under what the fans want). So the question is, what or when this penality triggers ? Couldn't find any answers in the player handbook.

Thank you. :)

I believe that happens when the theoretical match rating would be higher than the storyline heat at the moment.

Yes.

If the match rating would have been an 90 but the storyline heat is 50, then there will be a penalty.

The 50 rated storyline might show as "Hot" in the storylines section if you are controlling a smaller sized company that only requires storylines to have 45 heat (for example). However that doesn't mean it's Hot enough for a match of any rating

Oh ! Thank you very much. :)

Can someone give me an example of a real match where this happened ? I understand why in game mecanichs, but i'm confused in "real world simulation" terms. I have trubble to imagine a match being better than the average feud segments and people thinking "Yeah, it was good, but the build wasn't as good as the match". I find it illogical to penalise a match for that. :confused:

Hangman Page vs Kenny Omega had an amazing build!

Former tag partners and stable mates, one is rising up with confidence having lost his first few big singles matches. And the other starting with a World Title match and failing, struggling with confidence and turning to drink, both men relying on each other to build a team and being successful in that division, Page feels he needs Omega and is sure they will reform the team until the title tournament when they both make it to the finals.

Not to mention the twists and turns along the way with FTR manipulating Page. I loved the build

Yes.

If the match rating would have been an 90 but the storyline heat is 50, then there will be a penalty.

The 50 rated storyline might show as "Hot" in the storylines section if you are controlling a smaller sized company that only requires storylines to have 45 heat (for example). However that doesn't mean it's Hot enough for a match of any rating

I don't get it. So you almost have to put on a poor (poorer) match to NOT get the penalty? In my opinion, that's putting a noose over the head of the gamer trying to improve his match / show / company pop.

Hangman Page vs Kenny Omega had an amazing build!

Former tag partners and stable mates, one is rising up with confidence having lost his first few big singles matches. And the other starting with a World Title match and failing, struggling with confidence and turning to drink, both men relying on each other to build a team and being successful in that division, Page feels he needs Omega and is sure they will reform the team until the title tournament when they both make it to the finals.

Not to mention the twists and turns along the way with FTR manipulating Page. I loved the build

The story still isn't at its peak and everyone knows that. Hence the match they just had was not the final match of the storyline and definitely not at the point of the highest possible heat between the two :)

As others have already said. Storyline being "Hot" =/= Heat at its highest possible level

I don't get it. So you almost have to put on a poor (poorer) match to NOT get the penalty? In my opinion, that's putting a noose over the head of the gamer trying to improve his match / show / company pop.

"Penalty" does not mean "worse than other matches". Simply just a note that the match could be even better in the near future.

The story still isn't at its peak and everyone knows that. Hence the match they just had was not the final match of the storyline and definitely not at the point of the highest possible heat between the two :)

As others have already said. Storyline being "Hot" =/= Heat at its highest possible level

If I put it in TEW terms AEW storyline heat required is 50, Page vs Omega is at 80 yes its not at its peak but its a high rated story so I doubt it would be penalised. When I watched it I didn't think the story was weak or borng, if anything I was more excited for the match because of the build.

No not at all. It's the opposite. You put on a great match to help raise the storyline heat. OR you do old school booking and don't put on the match until you get the heat to where you need it to be to avoid a penalty.

So if you're at 50 heat and it's PPV time. Put on a match or do a segment that will heat up the feud, so that by next PPV you can be at 80 (for example) heat. Now the feud is hotter, the fans are more engaged and the match benefits thanks to a hot audience.

Remember it also goes the other way. A hot feud can make a lackluster match get a better rating than it really deserves (in game and in real life).

If I put it in TEW terms AEW storyline heat required is 50, Page vs Omega is at 80 yes its not at its peak but its a high rated story so I doubt it would be penalised. When I watched it I didn't think the story was weak or borng, if anything I was more excited for the match because of the build.

Well...and clearly I disagree about the storyline heat being at a 80 already