Starting A Diary

I've really wanted to start my own TEW diary since I have a passion for storytelling in wrestling, and writing out diaries always seemed like a fun hobby for me to do. However, the main problem is that I have no idea how the structure of GDS forum posts work. I have been on the forums for about a year now and only recently have I really started posting. If someone (or multiple people) could give me some tips on how to make a diary look presentable that would be greatly appreciated.

I never had the best looking presentation but I would typically do something like this for my shows (As an example) and I am not sure if this is what you are looking for...

Name of show

Attendance:

Show Rating:

I would then do my match write-up and it would look something like this...

The Following Match is for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship:

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan vs. "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair © with JJ Dillon

Match:

• Hacksaw gets the crowd going with a "USA", chant despite the fact that both he and Ric are from America. Nobody ever would accuse Hacksaw of being the smartest person though.

• Hacksaw is in control but JJ trips him up from the outside of the ring.

• Ric then locks Hacksaw in a figure four leglock causing Hacksaw to verbally submit.

Winner and still NWA World Heavyweight Champion: Ric Flair

Time: 15:14

Match Rating: 88

That would be my basic set-up of how I would structure a match and what have you. I am not sure if that is exactly what you are looking for, but if you like it just quote my post and I believe all of my bolds, centers, and what have you should be there.

Edited to add: I would have pictures in my match write-up box as well. I usually would put them right about the wrestler's names.

I am not sure if that is exactly what you are looking for, but if you like it just quote my post and I believe all of my bolds, centers, and what have you should be there.

I was more so asking for basic fundamental help on how to do things like add pictures or place boxes around large blocks of text in a post. I am an absolute novice on how to post on the forums and there's probably a really easy answer to all of my questions right in front of my face. I probably just need someone who knows what their doing to tell me how to do these basic things.

However, seeing your outline was a very welcome surprise, and it will be a good item to take inspiration from when I need to make my own version of a show card.

I was more so asking for basic fundamental help on how to do things like add pictures or place boxes around large blocks of text in a post. I am an absolute novice on how to post on the forums and there's probably a really easy answer to all of my questions right in front of my face. I probably just need someone who knows what their doing to tell me how to do these basic things.

However, seeing your outline was a very welcome surprise, and it will be a good item to take inspiration from when I need to make my own version of a show card.

Well, I learned something new here, we are not allowed to post pictures in this section of the website. I just spent the last five minutes trying to figure out if I had forgotten how to do it, only to realize we can't do it here.:o

Anyway, most people who post pictures on here have an Imgur account where they store the pictures they want to post on here. Once you set up an account over there you can start adding pictures there you will be provided with a code for the picture you want to post.

You want to use the BBCode and the code should look something like this...

fJTeJom.jpg?1

Now if we were in a section where you could actually see pictures you would see the picture that I posted.

I am sure there are probably people on here that could better describe what you would like to do. I hope that this might be of some help to you and makes some sense. I know it can be a little daunting if you have not done it before. I post on a Wiki site and it took me a bit to figure out how to post on there. So I fully understand where you are coming from.

I think a good idea would be to go into a diary that has a presentation that you like. Quote the post and look at their post to see how they set-up their diary.

place boxes around large blocks of text in a post

If you're talking about something like this:

https://imgur.com/a/xuvRp17

Then you would just need to learn some basic HTML. Google search it and you'll get a lot of tutorials.

Here is how the coding would work for the image I provided above:

<table width="400" border="1"><tr><td>Shawn Michaels vs Riddick Moss</td></tr></table>

I think a good idea would be to go into a diary that has a presentation that you like. Quote the post and look at their post to see how they set-up their diary.

Then you would just need to learn some basic HTML. Google search it and you'll get a lot of tutorials

And their it is, the really easy answers right in front of my face. I didn't even realize that this was HTML, and it being very easy to google how to write HTML. I also quoted one of TheLloyds diary entries and was able to see exactly how he pulled off some of his stuff. Thank both of you so much for pointing this out to me.