Matches between Unimportant Workers on B-Shows

So is there any benefit to having an Unimportant vs Unimportant match on a B-Show?

I realise that B-Shows don't impact your company's popularity at all, but I've always shied against these type of matches because they rate so poorly due to the penalty and poor-rated matches don't seem to get workers over quickly enough. Better off having at least one Recognisable (or better) worker in the match to avoid the significant penalty, right?

Am I reading this situation correctly? What do you guys do with your B-Shows?

I guess it is to give them some experience? Some exposure? Not much. Maybe have them job out on the A show but pick up wins via jobbers or other rookies/YLs.

One thing I hated was that penalty for having 2 "Unimportant" guys wrestler on the show. NJPW happily does 2v2 YL matches and the crowds usually love it.

I guess it is to give them some experience? Some exposure? Not much. Maybe have them job out on the A show but pick up wins via jobbers or other rookies/YLs.

One thing I hated was that penalty for having 2 "Unimportant" guys wrestler on the show. NJPW happily does 2v2 YL matches and the crowds usually love it.

You can always turn that penalty off if you hate it though

You can always turn that penalty off if you hate it though

I don't understand why people get so flustered about it. There's almost no circumstance where the match is going to affect the show in any meaningful way. Other than crowd momentum. And the reason why you'd book it is to get them both work, fill some time, and get somebody a win.

I don't understand why people get so flustered about it. There's almost no circumstance where the match is going to affect the show in any meaningful way. Other than crowd momentum. And the reason why you'd book it is to get them both work, fill some time, and get somebody a win.

I'm not flustered by it. I didn't turn it off either. I just always thought it was a bit unfortunate because it is hard to define what a jobber is and what a young lion is because both start with 0 popularity, and that is largely due to limitations with the engine, not so much the developer(s). Regardless. I didn't mean to detract from the OP. Apologies.

I think you’re missing my original question though.

I always try to have at least one recognisable worker in my B-show matches. I’ve got a few developmental companies around the world and I will borrow the higher pop workers for these B shows to see if they are considered recognisable or not before calling them up.

Even a tag or 3v3 with one recognisable worker will be fine. Running unimportant v unimportant, you do get experience and momentum, but if the penalty drags the rating down, you won’t get the worker pop increase, which is the whole reason for doing these matches.

I always try to have at least one recognisable worker in my B-show matches. I’ve got a few developmental companies around the world and I will borrow the higher pop workers for these B shows to see if they are considered recognisable or not before calling them up.

Even a tag or 3v3 with one recognisable worker will be fine. Running unimportant v unimportant, you do get experience and momentum, but if the penalty drags the rating down, you won’t get the worker pop increase, which is the whole reason for doing these matches.

Yeah, that’s exactly what I thought and the reason I don’t do Unimportant vs Unimportant.

Thanks for your input.

So is there any benefit to having an Unimportant vs Unimportant match on a B-Show?

I realise that B-Shows don't impact your company's popularity at all, but I've always shied against these type of matches because they rate so poorly due to the penalty and poor-rated matches don't seem to get workers over quickly enough. Better off having at least one Recognisable (or better) worker in the match to avoid the significant penalty, right?

Am I reading this situation correctly? What do you guys do with your B-Shows?

For me B shows are a free for all. Anything can happen. I tend to avoid unimportant v unimportant as usually I'll have someone who is unimportant I want to push so might give them a win over someone higher up the card. But normally B shows are for my mid card guys to pick up wins.

So to answer your question I would have one recognisable guy in a match. I'm not sure any good comes from unimportant v unimportant simply because if the guy is a jobber and beating another jobber it isn't going to do great stuff for them either as they aren't picking up a win over anyone of note.

For me B shows are a free for all. Anything can happen. I tend to avoid unimportant v unimportant as usually I'll have someone who is unimportant I want to push so might give them a win over someone higher up the card. But normally B shows are for my mid card guys to pick up wins.

So to answer your question I would have one recognisable guy in a match. I'm not sure any good comes from unimportant v unimportant simply because if the guy is a jobber and beating another jobber it isn't going to do great stuff for them either as they aren't picking up a win over anyone of note.

Yeah, that's what I think too. The penalty to the match rating means nobody really gains much in the way of pop, whereas if you chuck one recognisable guy in there, the match rating is much higher and everyone benefits.

Cheers for your input, I think I'll continue to book B Shows the way I currently do.

Two Unimportant workers or tag teams facing each other works fine when one of them has at least "very warm" momentum.

How do you get very warm momentum on Unimportant workers? I have another thread about this just recently, I really struggle to "game" the momentum system like in previous years.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=550714

How do you get very warm momentum on Unimportant workers? I have another thread about this just recently, I really struggle to "game" the momentum system like in previous years.

In my experience being in angles rated higher than themselfes helps. A good initial gimmick rating gives a boost as well. Once they turn warm, they shouldnt lose more than one out of three to keep them warm.

Wins against recognizable opponents, successful angles with recognizable or higher people, wins against anyone in dark matches, etc.

One thing I will often do is hire local workers on a one night deal who have good popularity & should be recognizable or higher. Then have my unimportant worker beat them. They may not be happy and refuse to be re-hired for a while, so be selective when you do it.