BHOTWG vs BCG

For those familiar with RL Japanese wrestling, would it be realistic for Japanese wrestlers to "stay loyal" to a small promotion on a pay per match deal, rather than sign a big money contract with NJPW?

I am looking at Razan Okamoto, who is earning $100 per show with BCG, and he would not sign an exclusive written deal with me (BHOTWG) for $6000 a month because of his loyalty to BCG. Is this realistic?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Wazza" data-cite="Wazza" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52708" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>For those familiar with RL Japanese wrestling, would it be realistic for Japanese wrestlers to "stay loyal" to a small promotion on a pay per match deal, rather than sign a big money contract with NJPW?<p> </p><p> I am looking at Razan Okamoto, who is earning $100 per show with BCG, and he would not sign an exclusive written deal with me (BHOTWG) for $6000 a month because of his loyalty to BCG. Is this realistic?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's absolutely plausible and realistic to the Japanese wrestling scene. It's one of the foundational pieces of the Japanese wrestling scene. Not every wrestler is loyal, but it is a big part of the wrestling society in Japan.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52708" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's absolutely plausible and realistic to the Japanese wrestling scene. It's one of the foundational pieces of the Japanese wrestling scene. Not every wrestler is loyal, but it is a big part of the wrestling society in Japan.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> +1</p><p> </p><p> If it wasn't a big deal than the NOAH guys would've jumped ship to New Japan instead of sinking with the ship.</p>

I know it's an outlier but how does it work for Nakamura? Left NJPW at his peak because he achieved pretty much everything.

Even Ino did it.

I get loyalty but feel that in rare circumstances, a loyal talent could choose to leave. On the flip of this, as he's on a handshake deal, a talent could choose to leave but it's somewhat random.

I know it's an outlier but how does it work for Nakamura? Left NJPW at his peak because he achieved pretty much everything.

Even Ino did it.

I get loyalty but feel that in rare circumstances, a loyal talent could choose to leave. On the flip of this, as he's on a handshake deal, a talent could choose to leave but it's somewhat random.

Nakamura wasn't at his peak, and he didn't leave because he'd achieved everything. He left because he was clearly starting to get pushed down the card and he was never going to get past the ceiling of perennial IC champion. Even then, he stuck with the company for the majority of his career, even after getting punched in the face by Inoki. It's more common for loyal wrestlers to fly the nest later in their careers (i.e. Shingo).

You also have to consider that besides the inherent loyalty a wrestler might have, they might also enjoy the locker room there, they might have a push and or seniority guaranteed, they might have backstage responsibilities, etc.

Razan could be very comparable to a Kento Miyahara in AJPW, where he could be making more money in NJPW but he's protected in AJPW and has his opinions figured in.

I see it as realistic-ish.

There have been moments in saves I've had where a major talent that was "true born" leave their federation. Normally it's top tier guys from EX2010 and WLW (Masao Tsubouchi and Massive Thunder).

On occasion I'll see a decent name like Tanyu Toshusai or Heihachiro Sakai leave due to a booking dispute. Also had a moment where the booker changed at BHOTWG and Koshiro Ino jumped from my federation right back to Burning Hammer, where he eventually became booker after he retired from in-ring action.

It does bum me out at times when the true born system seems a little stiff, but it feels like it works for you when you're a small company in Japan. You can borrow or sign bigger names to small handshake deals like from SAISHO and BCG. Lion Genji and Blast Ikoma have been amazing in that regard. You could get into an alliance with a few companies you like and try to talent loan their prospects to boost your cards. I don't feel like you can get away with that type of booking in North America without some serious competition poaching away at you after a short amt of time.

Another occasion I can think of is when I created this Oceanic-Japanese federation alliance and was able to eventually get BHOTWG to accept as a member along with WLW, EX2010, and ZEN. ZEN was a total wildcard to have, but they offer strong talent like Dastardly, Monday Next, and Bucky Snark.

Also, if you're curious I had a moment where I have a save where I got lucky and was able to sign Razan Okamoto to long term contact. Made him figurehead and he held up rock solid until he turned 38 and was hit with major injuries. His last year, I stripped him as figurehead and he eeked out 2 horrible matches as he was injured beyond his recognized major star status.