The Canadian Catch Association - Technical Wrestling In Canada, Eh? [RW21+]

Mf-scLs0.jpg

The Canadian Catch Assosciation

Association Canadienne de Catch

The Premise

Accomplished Canadian amateur wrestler Korey Jarvis has responded to the oft-hyped lack of promotions in Canada in a decisive fashion. The Commonwealth Games gold medalist and back-to-back-to-back Canadian national champion hopes to capitalize on Canada's wealth of hard-hitting generational talent by providing a space for them to truly practice the art and science of technical professional wrestling. Will the other players in Canada like C4 and ECCW join the CCA in this vision or will the sudden influx of competition drive them to compete against one another like never before?

The Front Office

Korey Jarvis is the CEO and Director of Wrestling Operations. BritWres great Douglas Williams uses his vast knowledge of the wrestling business in his positions as the VP of International Talent Relations and CCA Lead Producer. Madison Eagles, in addition to the natural backstage leadership position afforded by the respect and admiration of her peers, is the VP of Womens Wrestling. KENTA is the Catch Wrestling Ambassador as well as Official Corporate Proxy of Bullet Club of Kanto, GK and Bullet Club North, LLC.

SHINE and SHIMMER founder Dave Prazak joins Ultramantis Black on commentary with backstage reporting by Renee Young and Josh Matthews.

Supercards and Recurring Matches

La Journée dans le Nord is the single largest CCA show of the year. Each year the winner of the Champions Tag League is crowned. Additionally, it's where every feud has its time to shine and every title is defended on the brightest stage of all. It typically takes place in mid November.

The Fight for Ontario is the second single largest CCA show of the year. In addition to annually hosting the semifinals and finals of the Owen Hart Memorial Canadian Heritage Cup, it is also where the first qualifiers for the CCA Canadian Tag League take place.

The Bret Hart Catch Wrestling Cup is an annual double-elimination tournament for young and inexperienced wrestlers with promising technical skills, taking place over a single night at an annual event named The CCA Catch Wrestling Cup. To qualify, prospective participants must either be under 25 years of age or have competed in less than 25 professional matches. The winner receives 100 thousand Canadian Dollars to donate to a charity or cause of their choice as well as the right to carry and defend the tournament trophy for 365 days.

CCA has two recurring tag leagues: the CCA Canadian Tag League and the CCA Tag Champions League, competed annually between The Fight for Ontario and La Journée dans le Nord.

The CCA Canadian Tag League is a round-robin league comprised of 6 qualifying teams, one of which is always the current Canadian Tag Champions. The winner of each pool receives an automatic BYE into the second round of the knockout stage, with the second and third place of each pool competing to see who earns the final two spots. The competitors are then randomly sorted into a single-knockout bracket, decided annually at CCA The 6. The winners and runners-up of the Tag League receive automatic entry into that year's CCA Tag Champions League.

The CCA Tag Champions League is a double-elimination tag team tournament between the current Canadian Tag Champions, the winners and runners-up of the CCA Canadian Tag League, and the previous CCA Tag Champions League winners. The winners of the Champions Tag League receive a blank contract for a Canadian Tag Championship match at any event in the next 365 days, as well as automatic entry into next year's CCA Tag Champions League.

CCA Hall of Records

476-4768267_kratos-gold-championship-chain-proambelts-new-custom-wrestling.png

The CCA Triple Crown ChampionshipCurrent Champion: Vacant

Previous Champion: N/A

Longest Single Reign: N/A

Longest Combined Reign: N/A

Rare-Antique-Original-Canadian-Wrestling-Champion-Title-Belt.jpg

The CCA Canadian Championship

Current Champion: Vacant

Previous Champions: N/A

http://awf105.weebly.com/uploads/1/0/2/7/10279520/ccwo-tag-team-championship_2.jpg

The CCA Canadian Tag Team Championship

Previous Champions: N/A

http://topropebelts.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Stardom-Undisputed-World-Womens-Championship-Belt-300x300.jpg

The CCA Women's World Championship

Previous Champion: N/A

220px-Thevoyageurscup.jpg

The Bret Hart Catch Wrestling Cup

Reigning Winner: n/a

Most Wins: n/a (0)

Youngest Winner: n/a (0 years, 0 months)

Oldest Winner: n/a (0 years, 0 months)

"Grand Slam" Winners (won then successfully defended for 365 days): n/a

Recent Developments

Recent Events

- Bullet Club have made recent attempts to, quoting Gedo, "clean up Bullet Club's reputation." They've created two separate corporations, Bullet Club of Kanto and Bullet Club North, enacting their goals in Japan and Canada respectively. Corporate representative KENTA claims that Bullet Club has renounced all illegal and unscrupulous activity, but rumor has it that Stardom's Oedo-Tai have been in close contact with members of Bullet Club, casting new suspicions that the Club may not be as dead as once thought.

- CCA has signed a lifetime contract with honorary Canadian Brock Lesnar. This contract will see Lesnar wrestle a full-time schedule. After several public interactions, the contract seems to be in part architected to unite him with fellow former MMA fighter Tom Lawlor and Lawlor's Team Filthy wrestling gym.

- Player Uno and Player Dos of the Super SMASH Bros have declared themself the greatest tag team in the world. They've been campaigning the front office to be considered the top of the tag team division. But this declaration has caught the ears of their peers, namely the Lucha Bros and the Bullet Club Firing Squad's Tama Tanga and Tanga Loa. The Super SMASH Bros hope to push the CCA tag scene further and farther than anyone before.

CARD: CCA Canadian Catch Challenge TV Taping

2577246_lg.jpg

Live from the Phoenix Concert Theatre

in Toronto, ON, Canada

Live attendance: 1,350 (Sold out!)

"Showtime" Eric Young vs. Effy

KENTA vs. Douglas Williams

Allie Kat vs. "Speedball" Mike Bailey

Co-Main Event: Penta El 0M w/ Rey Fenix vs. Player Uno w/ Player Dos

Main Event: Korey Jarvis vs. "The Beast" Brock Lesnar w/ "Filthy" Tom Lawlor

Quick Update

Apologies to anyone who may have been looking for more updates from my AWA journal. Unfortunately, my computer with that save died, and while I was able to save my mods, exe, and pictures, the AWA save is lost and unrecoverable. Oh, well. This CCA journal is closer to my intent in terms of the stories I want to tell than the AWA journal, so please stick around if you fall into that category.

RESULTS: Canadian Catch Challenge, taped Feb 12 2021

2577246_lg.jpg

Live from the Phoenix Concert Theatre

in Toronto, ON, Canada

Live attendance: 1,350 (Sold out!)

Match 1: "Showtime" Eric Young drew with Effy when the ten-minute time limit expired.

Segment 1:

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm joined at this time by "The Beast" Brock Lesnar." Josh Matthews stands in a backstage area at the Phoenix Concert Theatre with Lesnar leering at the camera over his shoulder. "Now, Brock, I think I speak for all the fans when I ask, why have you decided to come back to the ring after such a long time away?" Matthews points the mic at Lesnar and the camera tightens on his intense expression." I was away so long because there was no one left in the world for The Beast to conquer. Everyone who had the brass to stand across the ring from me, I left in a puddle of blood and tears. So, nothing left to prove, right? I retire to my farm way out in the country, think I'll get to spend more time with the family. Take in that refreshing mountain air, right? Well, come to find out there's a new upstart promoter, in my backyard, getting ready to decide who's the best wrestler in the world. Well, you sure didn't include me in that conversation, but I'm about to make sure you remember who runs this industry. Is anyone stupid enough to try to stop me?" Lesnar gives Matthews a death glare then heads back to his locker room. "Lesnar, unfortunately for everyone here in CCA, a man of action, not words. Dave Prazak and UltraMantis, back out to you."

Match 2: KENTA def. Douglas Williams in 6:15 via pin after hitting the Go 2 Sleep.

Match 3: "Speedball" Mike Bailey def. Allie Kat in 7:48. TKO via ref stoppage due to strikes.

Segment 2:

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm joined by none other than Effy." Effy is dressed in the same pink and white camo from earlier in the evening. "Now, Effy, it seemed as if you and Eric Young exchanged some words after your ten-minute draw earlier this evening. Could you tell us a little bit about what was said?" Effy gets close to the mic as if he's afraid he's about to spill a big secret."He said that he and Effy have unfinished business. That Effy is the future of the business. That our upcoming battle will decide the future of Canadian wrestling." Unsure of what to make of this, Josh asks the obvious question: "Effy, is any of what you just said true?" Effy thinks for a second."Yes. Well, no. Maybe? He definitely said something about the Canadian Championship. Maybe you should ask him about it. In the meantime, I have to prepare." Effy heads the other way, leaving Josh summarily flabbergasted. "Well, I guess Effy set for a clash with Eric Young over the Canadian Championship at the innagural Fight for Ontario. Mantis and Dave?"

Co-Main Event: Penta El 0M w/ Rey Fenix def. Player Uno w/ Player Dos in 5:55 via pin after hitting a superkick/Fear Factor combo with Fenix

Main Event: "The Beast" Brock Lesnar w/ "Filthy" Tom Lawlor def. Korey Jarvis in 7:19 via pinfall after hitting the F5.

Segment 3:

Lesnar and Lawlor beat down Jarvis, taking turns suplexing Jarvis into the turnbuckles. There's no help to be found as they throw Jarvis around like a ragdoll. The show ends with Jarvis nearly bent in half in the middle of the ring. Team Filthy stand victorious above him.

CARD: CCA The Fight For Ontario

AberdeenPavilionOttawa_Impact3x2_400.png

Live from the Aberdeen Plaza

in Ottawa, ON, Canada

Live attendance: 2,800 (Sold out!)

Effy vs. "Showtime" Eric Young - for the Canadian Championship

Madison Eagles vs. Allie Kat - for the Womens Championship

KENTA vs. "Speedball" Mike Bailey - for the Owen Hart Canadian Heritage Cup

Max the Impaler vs. "Switchblade" Jay White

Co-Main Event Super SMASH Bros (Player Uno and Player Dos) vs Lucha Bros (Penta El 0M and Rey Fenix) - for the Canadian Tag Team Championship

Main Event: Korey Jarvis vs. "The Beast" Brock Lesnar w/ "Filthy" Tom Lawlor - for the CCA Triple Crown title