Anyone else feel AEW is booked like a TEW game?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="splitgoose" data-cite="splitgoose" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52759" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What?? No. It's far more like the Scary Movie 4 equivalent of that. With the lame celebrity cameos and fourth wall breaks.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's more the Date Movie version. Scary Movie 4 had some redeeming quailities.</p>

What?? No. It's far more like the Scary Movie 4 equivalent of that. With the lame celebrity cameos and fourth wall breaks.

I like the Scary movie description. AEW is a spoof of 80's and 90's wrestling lol

It's more the Date Movie version. Scary Movie 4 had some redeeming quailities.

Just to confirm something; You 3 do watch the product consistently right? Your descriptions lead me to believe that you don't.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52759" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just to confirm something; You 3 do watch the product consistently right? Your descriptions lead me to believe that you don't.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There's 'no chance.........no chance in HELL!' they watch AEW consistently if this is what they takeaway from the product. I'm always willing to take opinions at face value and try and see things from both sides...but when people say stuff like this, they're showing their overriding bias and unwillingness to think logically and critically. Haters gonna hate...even if it means they have to manufacture 'truths' in their own minds.</p><p> </p><p> edit: I do want to thank the people who have offered up genuine knowledge and comparisons in response to the OP. It's got me reading up on a few of them and looking into their card results in order to get a more well rounded view of AEW's booking style. I've been watching wrestling for over 30 years, and I'm still having my eyes opened to different promotions and booking styles...and playing TEW has also expanded my palate in terms of what can work for a wrestling promotion. As far as AEW goes, I probably would have never really given Joshi wrestling a chance were it not for all the Japanese talent AEW is trying to integrate into their product...and I now see room for that style of performance/wrestling in a NA setting. It's a big, wide world out there...doesn't hurt to explore it and give it a chance...you may be surprised at what you like.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DrRDuke" data-cite="DrRDuke" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52759" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> As far as AEW goes, I probably would have never really given Joshi wrestling a chance were it not for all the Japanese talent AEW is trying to integrate into their product...and I now see room for that style of performance/wrestling in a NA setting. It's a big, wide world out there...doesn't hurt to explore it and give it a chance...you may be surprised at what you like.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> And this is why I've always held steadfast that the decline in American wrestling's popularity is a direct result of Vince's single-minded approach. </p><p> </p><p> It doesn't offer enough variety to give other potential fans a chance to get in. Sports Entertainment isn't the only booking style that can work as a TV show.</p><p> </p><p> AEW is doing what WCW did when they introduced the luchadors to the U.S. audience. What ECW did when they introduced adult hardcore product to the U.S. wrestling audience. Just as it did then it will work now. I really think that the Joshi-wave is coming and will dominate AEW's undercard the way the lucha style did for WCW.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52759" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>And this is why I've always held steadfast that the decline in American wrestling's popularity is a direct result of Vince's single-minded approach. </strong><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> It doesn't offer enough variety to give other potential fans a chance to get in. Sports Entertainment isn't the only booking style that can work as a TV show.</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The last thing the casual fan of anything wants is "variety". They usually want one very specific thing, over and over... STARS, cool celebrity-level acts that ride the line between character and reality. People you buy into, people you want to succeed. Who they are, rarely matters. There have been black, white, brown, female, etc. stars since the dawn of time. Get some who can convince the world that your 2hr program is worth watching and you can have Ralphus braid my hair on a raft in a kiddie pool, it won't matter. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52759" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p><strong> AEW is doing what WCW did when they introduced the luchadors to the U.S. audience. What ECW did when they introduced adult hardcore product to the U.S. wrestling audience. Just as it did then it will work now. I really think that the Joshi-wave is coming and will dominate AEW's undercard the way the lucha style did for WCW.</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have literally watched the golden generation of women's wrestling at the same time ECW was in bingo halls with 50 people in them, sell out the Egg Dome for a 12-hr wrestling card with nothing but women's wrestling from around the world on it. There is an audience for that style. It is not here. And until we as a culture get more accepting of 50-year old neckbeards perving on teen girls, I don't think it's going to work out. A large majority of those girls draw was their youth. It's why they were forced to retire at 23 until they ran off all their talent and the dojos started stealing their talent pools and watering it all down the drain. Joshi didn't die out. It killed itself. Can it comeback? Sure, find me the next Bull Nakano, Crush Girls, Toyota, Kyoko Inoue, etc and I'll believe it can happen... in Japan.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52759" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The last thing the casual fan of anything wants is "variety". They usually want one very specific thing, over and over... STARS, cool celebrity-level acts that ride the line between character and reality. People you buy into, people you want to succeed. Who they are, rarely matters. </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Strongly disagree. A huge part of "mainstream" is having variety. Listen to the album of a mainstream pop artist all the way through. It is extremely varied.</p><p> </p><p> Look at large mainstream television and film studio's catalogues. Are they all superhero movies? Or all dramas? No. If they were all one genre that would be the anti-thesis of mainstream.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52759" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> I have literally watched the golden generation of women's wrestling at the same time ECW was in bingo halls with 50 people in them, sell out the Egg Dome for a 12-hr wrestling card with nothing but women's wrestling from around the world on it. There is an audience for that style. It is not here.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Silly comment. Any genre/style can become hot or popular. Imagine telling people in the 90s that the 2 highest rated TV shows in the 2010s would be The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. They would say, that zombies are a niche genre for neckbeards and would never work on cable television.</p><p> </p><p> Also my comment was Joshii could be a good undercard draw for AEW not that we would have a large American Joshii promotion.</p>