"Cost Per Live Show"

So according to the handbook the base cost for running a live show as a Small company is $500, yet after hitting small I am with a "general show cost" of 14000 for a month where I ran 2 shows. What gives?

Are the numbers in the handbook just obsolete/out of whack? And if so, where can I find accurate numbers?

This is a real hit. I'm barely hanging on, and right now it's feeling like growing from Tiny to Small has done nothing but hurt me.

Are the numbers in the handbook just obsolete/out of whack?

No, they're accurate. $500, as it says, is the cost to cover general expenses for a live show. From the wording of your post, you seem to be misunderstanding that that is all there is - which is untrue, there's other costs involved. As the handbook says, the $500 is just your general expenses.

EDIT - For a concrete example, note that the "Show Lengths" part of the handbook talks about the fixed and variable costs that are associated with running a show. These would also count towards the figure shown in the finance screen.

No, they're accurate. $500, as it says, is the cost to cover general expenses for a live show. From the wording of your post, you seem to be misunderstanding that that is all there is - which is untrue, there's other costs involved. As the handbook says, the $500 is just your general expenses.

I got my figures from looking at Show Costs >> General. So it’s very misleading.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52809" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No, they're accurate. $500, as it says, is the cost to cover general expenses for a live show. From the wording of your post, you seem to be misunderstanding that that is all there is - which is untrue, there's other costs involved. As the handbook says, the $500 is just your <em>general</em> expenses.<p> </p><p> EDIT - For a concrete example, note that the "Show Lengths" part of the handbook talks about the fixed and variable costs that are associated with running a show. These would also count towards the figure shown in the finance screen.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Cool. Where is the "Show Lengths" part of the handbook that has this information?</p><p> Because I'm in the in-game handbook under "Booking and Running shows" and I'm not seeing it. </p><p> </p><p> Come to think of it, is there ANY chance the handbook could be made searchable?</p>

<p>It's under Events & TV.</p><p> </p><p>

Note that from the next patch onwards I've both rewritten the text of the associated finance entry so that it's clearer, and also reduced the fixed costs for non-televised events to make it easier for smaller companies like the one you're running.</p>

It's under Events & TV.

Note that from the next patch onwards I've both rewritten the text of the associated finance entry so that it's clearer, and also reduced the fixed costs for non-televised events to make it easier for smaller companies like the one you're running.

Awesome, I think that'll be really helpful. Thank you.

I was only really so put off by it because I'm completely new to the game, so the hike from tiny to small really surprised me. My company isn't going under from it, but it did kinda throw off my budget by a lot and force me to postpone some things.

It took me by surprise is all.

It's under Events & TV.

Note that from the next patch onwards I've both rewritten the text of the associated finance entry so that it's clearer, and also reduced the fixed costs for non-televised events to make it easier for smaller companies like the one you're running.

This will be a game changer for me in all honesty.

Thanks so much.