Which Wrestler/Team has the most world title reigns?

Hi all,

So my essential question is within the c-verse Which Wrestler/Team has the most world title reigns?

Essentially not counting regional titles (sorry dick the devastater)

For singles I've worked out I think its Sam Keith with 10?

Anyone have any info or insight on this?

Just looking in Hall of Immortals, if you dont count Dick, it would be Sam Keith on 10 then Sam Strong and Manuel Prieto on 9 then Kikkawa on 8 with Optimus, if you count Jr Heavyweight, which i do, and Tommy Cornell, who can still add to his 8

Luis Montero has 9 but 2 would be a regional championship i guess, depends on which titles you consider world to regional and Rip Chord has 13

Thats great thanks for the info!

Yeah I've been going through the hall of immortals entries in the editor also. Dont think regional titles count, as it counts a major title as being in a promotion of medium or big i think?

Plan to use this as a storyline to have someone break the record.

Two of Sam Keith's world titles were in CGC, which even at its peak, never got beyond medium (or cult) size, so I would say it's debatable whether they were 'true' world titles. It's a bit of a can of worms though once you down the path of what counts as a world title in a fictional universe.

So after some research, it counts a primary title won in big or above company (i assume the size is relevant to the time that the title was won)

As of the Hall Of Immortals Entries

Champagne Lover

7 x Campeonato del Mundo EILL

(Hall Of Immortals says 4)

So it definitely counts the EILL title, however 3 of the reigns were before it was big.

Dan Stone Jr

7 x NOTBPW Canadian

(Hall Of Immortals says 3)

So it definitely counts the NOTBPW title, however 4 of the reigns were before it was big.

Jack Bruce

7 x SWF World Heavyweight

(Hall Of Immortals says 7)

So it counts the SWF title and all 7 reigns were when it was big.

Luis Montero

7 x Campeonato de Herencia de Mundo MPWF

2 x California Pro Wrestling Championship

(No info for Hall of immortals)

This is where it is difficult to figure out. I don't think it would count the CPW title as the promotion was territorial rather than big.

Manuel Prieto

3 x Campeonato del Mundo EILL

5 x Campeonato de Herencia de Mundo MPWF

1 x Campeonato de Universal OLLIE

Similar to Montero, the HOI does not specify the number of reigns but I think all of them can be counted.

Optimus

8 x BHOTWG Junior Heavyweight

(Hall Of Immortals says Never)

The HOI does not count Junior titles, which I think is wrong, so I would count all 8.

Rip Chord

3 x SWF World Heavyweight

1 x CWF National Championship

2 x TCW World Heavyweight

2 x APWF Heavyweight

1 x GCG World Heavyweight

Similar to Montero, it depends on these regional/territorial promotions being counted or not. As CWF should be counted, but APWF was a territorial.

Sam Keith

4 X SWF World Heavyweight

2 x BHOWTG World Championship

2 x CGC World

2 x Campeonato de Herencia de Mundo MPWF

(Hall of Immortals says 5)

This is a slightly strange one, in the sense im not sure which 5 the HOI is counting. But I would count all of them.

Sam Strong

4 x SWF World Heavyweight

1 x BHOWTG World Championship

4 x TCW World Heavyweight

Again, pretty simple, would count all of them.

As for Tommy Cornell

Tommy Cornell

6 x TCW World Heavyweight

2 x 21CW World

Cornell Cup

(Hall of Immortals says 9)

I assume it is counting the cornell cup even though it is a tournament. However, its a tournament not a major title. Therefore I would put this as 8

So based on the above, we could in theory have 2 versions of these rankings, with (name value) regional and without (name value) regional. Personally I would do without (name value) regional as they are more regional titles not world titles.

Without Regional

7 World Titles

Champagne Lover

Dan Stone Jr

Jack Bruce

Luis Montero

Rip Chord

8 World Titles

Optimus

Tommy Cornell (Still Active)

9 World Titles

Sam Strong

Manuel Prieto

10 World Titles

Sam Keith

With (Name Value) Regional

7 World Titles

Champagne Lover

Dan Stone Jr

Jack Bruce

8 World Titles

Optimus

Tommy Cornell (Still Active)

9 World Titles

Sam Strong

Manuel Prieto

Luis Montero

Rip Chord

10 World Titles

Sam Keith

Obviously it comes down to how much weight regional titles have. But essentially Sam Keith is the man to beat with 10 world title reigns.

But some of this comes down to personal preference as discussed. So each to their own. Nice to see different views.

Two of Sam Keith's world titles were in CGC, which even at its peak, never got beyond medium (or cult) size, so I would say it's debatable whether they were 'true' world titles. It's a bit of a can of worms though once you down the path of what counts as a world title in a fictional universe.

After checking this, it seems you are right. In the editor their popularity works out to be Medium size. HOWEVER NOTBPW also comes up as medium size, but their titles are counted in HOI. So a case can be made for CGC.

After checking this, it seems you are right. In the editor their popularity works out to be Medium size. HOWEVER NOTBPW also comes up as medium size, but their titles are counted in HOI. So a case can be made for CGC.

Absolutely. It's subjective in the real world too. Is AEW's world title a true world title? Is Impact's? I would say AEW is no more than the equivalent of medium size in TEW but their world title is already quite prestigious and is less than two years old. Impact are small and I wouldn't count that. I personally would count those two CGC titles for Sam Keith, as well as any NOTBPW titles. But it really depends how strict you want to be. It's a game so play in the way that is most fun for you.

Optimus

8 x BHOTWG Junior Heavyweight

(Hall Of Immortals says Never)

The HOI does not count Junior titles, which I think is wrong, so I would count all 8.

As for Tommy Cornell

Tommy Cornell

6 x TCW World Heavyweight

2 x 21CW World

Cornell Cup

(Hall of Immortals says 9)

I assume it is counting the cornell cup even though it is a tournament. However, its a tournament not a major title. Therefore I would put this as 8

If the game is counting the Cornell cup, the Best of the Super Juniors should definately count so Optimus would be on 10, but again, I agree tournaments shouldnt count.