Can't use forum search function on Chrome mobile

Most of my browsing is done on my phone, but for a long while I haven't been able to use the search function. When I click the search button the search box opens and then closes before I can type anything in the box.

When I try to use the advanced search option the submit button doesn't do anything no matter how long I let it sit. If I hit submit again it says that I have to wait 30 seconds to search again, but the search never actually goes through.

The search function works fine on my laptop using Chrome, but does anyone have any idea how to make the search function work on mobile Chrome?

It was like this on my old iphone, my last Android phone, and my current Android phone.

• 4 weeks later...
This forum is a little outdated and some of the features may not work with certain mobile setups. It works on Safari and I think Firefox on mobile. I'm looking at forum upgrade options but it would involve a significant downtime and high chance we lose posts. So, for the time being, I'm doing what I can to keep this one running.