Is it just me, but have the patches changed things like upgrading broadcaster costs? I liked that on this version you could upgrade your broadcaster at no extra cost than what it would have cost originally, but it seems like now there is an extra cost to upgrading?

Also, attendances seem to have been tweaked. I am playing BHOTWG and previously I could have my "tour" shows upgraded to "lesser" shows and then when I held my PPV there would be no attendance penalties. For example, I would have Legends Tour crowds (as "lesser" shows) being 5k-7k and then NOTBH would hold something like 30k-40k crowds, which I found realistic. Now, however, if I held 3-4 lesser shows leading up to NOTBH they would have crowds of 20K odd and then NOTBH would only hold a crowd of 10K or so (due to type of show penalties). I just don't find this realistic at all.

Has anyone else experienced this, or am I just going crazy?

Yeah, I just don't think the balance is right, especially with what I wrote re: attendances. Seems less realistic than previously.

As far as the broadcaster stuff goes, I actually think it makes a lot of sense and works. If a company has the money (and connections) to come out of the gates with a top notch broadcaster (with all the bells and whistles) they'd be able to keep the costs low (possibly). However, a smaller company wanting to get into the broadcaster game would probably be doing it on their own...and that kind of investment would cost them a significant % of their available capital. Then, to upgrade from that...bit by bit...it would continue to cost them, more than it would cost if someone were to just 'get it all done' right away. I'm trying to think of a real world comparable, but rich people/companies invariably get tons of stuff for free because they're rich and have connections...whereas Joe Smith who is looking to break into the 'big time' is going to have to spendspendspend to get themselves on the same level as Mr Moneybanks. Like buying a new stereo system was back in the day...or a gaming computer now. You could just buy a pre-made one for X $'s...but if you don't have that initial capital, or you want to do it bit by bit yourself, you invariably will end up spending more buying all the separate components than just buying it all at once, together.

Same thing goes for attendance levels. A no name company starting out is going to have a slow climb to get to build their fanbase...while a company like AEW, with a billionaire owner who is able to hire well known, established names...while utilizing his Dad's stadium as a home and his NFL connections to find a home on broadcast TV is, as we've seen, able to start out by selling out small arenas right off the bat.

I don't think it's unrealistic at all the changes that have been made.

edit: Same as buying in 'bulk'. If you've got the cash, you can buy 10 TV's at once and you'll get a discount (10 for the price of 7)...but if you don't have the cash and want to buy 10 TV's...and do it 1 at a time...guess what, you're paying full price for each one. Ever been to Costco? Why do you think people buy 100 rolls of toilet paper instead of 4 rolls at a time at the supermarket? The seller will take a little hit profit wise to guarantee a BIG sale...that's just how the real world works.